Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Visit to My Dealer

Old 11-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visit to My Dealer

I have recently returned from a visit to my Dealer at Swindon, UK.

I have mixed feelings about the visit detailed below:

1. I confronted them with regards to charging 400 extra for Graphite paint when this was not the case when my deposit went down. He has agreed however to chase up DCUK to find out what can be arranged.

2. Although not so crucial - Luggage. I asked him if the luggage is free as is the case with the US and he simply stated 'What luggage?'. Hmm not impressed. They get their demo car on the 15th! and yet they still don't know all the details. I think though this is more to do with DCUK and not the dealer.

3. Technical Spec doc.. The dealer gave me a technical spec/sales brochure of the crossfire. It's a good brochure that contains technical details about at the back. It arrived with them yesterday so any UK people out there reading this go to your Dealer and get one of these to show your mates the techie details. (It's a man thing!)

In all, the dealer had plenty of time for me - not like DCUK to their dealers it seems!. They said they would be more than happy for me to test drive their demo when it arrives. However they don't think they'll get it in time for the official launch date of the 15th Nov. The car is still being built as I write this!!!

Other things the dealer doesn't know: Insurance group, financial options etc.

Thankfully to this forum he now knows issues regarding: Auto Stick noise, Manual gearbox 'pop-out' , knocking noises from the boot, Tyre pressure monitor actioning when in cold condiitions etc... Well enough for him to be aware of!.

I have recommended him to take a look at this site hopefully he will be a little more educated when he gets to sell the car in the new year!

Think that's it,

Chris.

Old 11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you spot the mistake on the Brochure. They quote the rear tyes as 225 instead of 255. At least it better be a mistake???