Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Can I fight this ticket?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Can I fight this ticket?

Ya know, With all this being said there is one thing that can't be controlled. If a cop has had a bad day or is pissed at his wife or whatever that comes in to play, sometimes we just happen to be the unlucky one for him to take it out on. That is the human side of it and there is no court that can pass judgement on that. JMO

Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can only imagine, with you being the special people person that you are, that you didn't **** the officer off. Did you stop in the lane behind the officer or swing behind directly on to the off ramp? Legally you are suppose to pause in each lane when changing lanes.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Selbyl
I had a cop follow me for about 4 miles and he was right on my *** the whole time. I had my neons On which are street legal in Kansas. After a few miles I guess he got bored, pulled a U-turn and pulled someone else over.
No, he was running your license plates...lol

Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I can only imagine, with you being the special people person that you are, that you didn't **** the officer off. Did you stop in the lane behind the officer or swing behind directly on to the off ramp? Legally you are suppose to pause in each lane when changing lanes.
Most people don't move over for their exit soon enough. They want to wait until the last second then find a hole or try to make a hole to get over.... The turn signal is nice, but it won't buy you a spot. WE have a section of road like that here locally on a local interstate. That jurisdiction sets there and writes improper lane change citations all day long until the people using that section of road learn to get over well in advance to exit rather that run all the way up to the exit and try to crowd their way in. This might not be the case in your situation, but if it is, you will lose...if it isn't, you have a right to your day in court....good luck...
I might add one other circumstance. If you exited from the center lane to the exit...that is considered an illegal lane change...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 10-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
No, he was running your license plates...lol
If it took them 4 miles to get a read out on his plate, Kansas must be using "dial up".

Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
If it took them 4 miles to get a read out on his plate, Kansas must be using "dial up".
I don't know what new equipment OHIO is using, but 4 miles is 4 minutes and it takes that long or longer for dispatch to run the info and give a return to the officer if they aren't busy with other calls more serious. If he is sitting still, he can run it on his laptop....quicker...but what would I know....lol.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I don't know what new equipment OHIO is using, but 4 miles is 4 minutes and it takes that long or longer for dispatch to run the info and give a return to the officer if they aren't busy with other calls more serious. If he is sitting still, he can run it on his laptop....quicker...but what would I know....lol.
Doc, many local Police agencies, and sherrif's cars around here have cameras mounted on the fenders and rear 1/4 panels that read every license plate the car passes, and almost instantaneously alerts the officer if the car is stolen, or its driver has any outstanding warrants, etc. It can even be programmed to show drivers past arrest records, right down to overdue library books.
The info that it accumulates is only supposed to be stored in the system for a limited time, but exactly how long varies from each individual municipallity. (Very orwellian if you ask me).
Just one more reason Ohio just can't give up that "front" license plate law.
That's why I felt 4 miles seemed like an unusually long time to get a read out on somebody's plate in this day an age. But hey, what would I know.