Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Alarm not working

Old 06-23-2022, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm not working

Thanks everyone-- appreciate it.

Old 04-14-2023, 10:53 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I just noticed this morning when I locked the doors on my SRT6 that I didn't hear the chirping sound from the alarm that I usually do. I had replaced the original siren for the same reason with the new updated version in May 2016. I checked the fuse it was OK, dome light and trunk light still worked. I tried the panic button on both fobs, one was a new, never used fob, and then did the lock the doors with the window open and then open the door with the inside door release test, still no alarm. I guess batteries are pooched again I was hoping to get 10 years out of it, but no luck. I'm going to remove the siren, split the case and check to see if the condition of the board, if it's not corroded, I'll change out the batteries. I got lucky doing this previously with the siren on my Limited. If the siren can't be repaired, then I'll go without, I still have the piezo buzzer I put in years ago and it still works when locking/unlocking the doors.

Old 04-14-2023, 12:53 PM

So I have an update. I removed the siren from the SRT, it's the new style that chirps when you lock & unlock the doors. Unfortunately it doesn't have a seam I can cut along to separate into 2 halves like the old style does, so I'm not sure how to open it without damaging it. When I separated the electrical plug from the siren, the siren went off as I was holding it in my hand and the lights flashed. The siren stopped after 2 or 3 seconds but the lights kept flashing until I pressed the unlock button on the fob. I reconnected the siren electrical connection and laid the siren on the cowl frame with the metal siren mount against the cowell and pushed the panic button on the fob but no sound from the siren. I then locked the doors with the fob and heard the siren chirp and saw the lights flash. I then reached through the driver window and opened the door using the inside handle and the siren went off, lights flashed. I pressed the unlock button on the fob, the siren went off and chirped and the lights flashed. I pressed the panic button, but the siren didn't go off. I locked the doors with the fob, I heard the siren chirp, the lights flashed and I then opened the door using the inside handle, this time the siren didn't go off. I disconnected the siren again and it went off for a few seconds, the lights flashed, I pressed the unlock button on the fob and the lights stopped flashing. I repeated this a few times but couldn't get the siren to go off again when opening the door. It only now goes off when I pull the electrical connector. The good news is the chirp is back when locking/unlocking with the key fob. The bad news is I can't get the siren to work again. I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Has anyone separated the new style alarm successfully to replace the batteries?

Old 04-15-2023, 09:55 AM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

[QUOTE=bluecoupe;978418]So I have an update. I removed the siren from the SRT, it's the new style that chirps when you lock & unlock the doors. Unfortunately it doesn't have a seam I can cut along to separate into 2 halves like the old style does, so I'm not sure how to open it without damaging it. When I separated the electrical plug from the siren, the siren went off as I was holding it in my hand and the lights flashed. The siren stopped after 2 or 3 seconds but the lights kept flashing until I pressed the unlock button on the fob. I reconnected the siren electrical connection and laid the siren on the cowl frame with the metal siren mount against the cowell and pushed the panic button on the fob but no sound from the siren. I then locked the doors with the fob and heard the siren chirp and saw the lights flash. I then reached through the driver window and opened the door using the inside handle and the siren went off, lights flashed. I pressed the unlock button on the fob, the siren went off and chirped and the lights flashed. I pressed the panic button, but the siren didn't go off. I locked the doors with the fob, I heard the siren chirp, the lights flashed and I then opened the door using the inside handle, this time the siren didn't go off. I disconnected the siren again and it went off for a few seconds, the lights flashed, I pressed the unlock button on the fob and the lights stopped flashing. I repeated this a few times but couldn't get the siren to go off again when opening the door. It only now goes off when I pull the electrical connector. The good news is the chirp is back when locking/unlocking with the key fob. The bad news is I can't get the siren to work again. I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Has anyone separated the new style alarm successfully to replace the batteries?[/QUOT

It MIGHT be that the little 'pin' that hits the panic button switch inside the remote has broken off inside the FOB. Thats about the only thing I can suggest. Good luck!

Old 04-15-2023, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=GraphiteGhost;978450]
Originally Posted by bluecoupe
So I have an update. I removed the siren from the SRT, it's the new style that chirps when you lock & unlock the doors. Unfortunately it doesn't have a seam I can cut along to separate into 2 halves like the old style does, so I'm not sure how to open it without damaging it. When I separated the electrical plug from the siren, the siren went off as I was holding it in my hand and the lights flashed. The siren stopped after 2 or 3 seconds but the lights kept flashing until I pressed the unlock button on the fob. I reconnected the siren electrical connection and laid the siren on the cowl frame with the metal siren mount against the cowell and pushed the panic button on the fob but no sound from the siren. I then locked the doors with the fob and heard the siren chirp and saw the lights flash. I then reached through the driver window and opened the door using the inside handle and the siren went off, lights flashed. I pressed the unlock button on the fob, the siren went off and chirped and the lights flashed. I pressed the panic button, but the siren didn't go off. I locked the doors with the fob, I heard the siren chirp, the lights flashed and I then opened the door using the inside handle, this time the siren didn't go off. I disconnected the siren again and it went off for a few seconds, the lights flashed, I pressed the unlock button on the fob and the lights stopped flashing. I repeated this a few times but couldn't get the siren to go off again when opening the door. It only now goes off when I pull the electrical connector. The good news is the chirp is back when locking/unlocking with the key fob. The bad news is I can't get the siren to work again. I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Has anyone separated the new style alarm successfully to replace the batteries?[/QUOT

It MIGHT be that the little 'pin' that hits the panic button switch inside the remote has broken off inside the FOB. Thats about the only thing I can suggest. Good luck!

Thanks, I thought it might be the remote button too so I dug out my new never used fob, put some fresh batteries in it and gave it a try but no luck so I went to the MB store and ordered a new siren, ouch $230 CDN with taxes all in. The date on this siren which I installed in May 2016 is 15-8-15, so about 9 months old. I had hoped they would last more than 8 yrs and I said so to the Parts fellow. We agreed that the new siren should have a manufacture date from this year or he'll return it and get me a fresh one.

Old 04-22-2023, 01:04 AM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

[QUOTE=bluecoupe;978453]
Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Thanks, I thought it might be the remote button too so I dug out my new never used fob, put some fresh batteries in it and gave it a try but no luck so I went to the MB store and ordered a new siren, ouch $230 CDN with taxes all in. The date on this siren which I installed in May 2016 is 15-8-15, so about 9 months old. I had hoped they would last more than 8 yrs and I said so to the Parts fellow. We agreed that the new siren should have a manufacture date from this year or he'll return it and get me a fresh one.
Why not order the siren module online and save yourself a heck of a lot of money? I want to say I paid under $100 for the updated one. The one with the beep.
I steer clear of dealerships of any kind as they usually have a 300 percent markup.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:29 PM

Hello,

On that topic of the newest/updated alarm siren - I see Mercedes Part #A 219 820 32 26 based on previous postings related to this topic. Is this in fact that most updated siren available or should I be looking for a different part number. If so, can someone provide such.

As a note, I realize that the newer sirens have studs requiring a metric washer and nut.

Thank you in advance!

Old 06-17-2023, 08:50 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by AZPatriots
Hello,

On that topic of the newest/updated alarm siren - I see Mercedes Part #A 219 820 32 26 based on previous postings related to this topic. Is this in fact that most updated siren available or should I be looking for a different part number. If so, can someone provide such.

As a note, I realize that the newer sirens have studs requiring a metric washer and nut.

Thank you in advance!
There is another beeping siren which uses the screw as per our cars. I did a pdf on them both and you can find it noted in my sig line in red. Just open it and you will find it in electrical I think.

Old 06-17-2023, 09:02 PM

Hello,

Thank you and yes, I already downloaded that PDF file. The second part number matching what you describe just appears to be a lot harder to find. I just want to make certain that the first part number is the most up to date siren. I have found a couple of outlets that appear to have it for around 140-160 U.S. dollars.

Thank you for the follow up response - much appreciated.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replace my alarm module with the updated Mercedes part from Needswings. I notice the car now automatically locks about a minute or two after I turn it off. Anyone know if I can turn this feature off, and if so, how?