Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Dragon Thursday Night "Welcome" Gumbo/Potluck

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dragon Thursday Night "Welcome" Gumbo/Potluck

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Im afraid this may be our only option. Trying to do this without an actual room is tenuous. This is where CICCI money really did a lot for us.
Nice word "tenuous".

I can put up $50 if we need a room for Thursday night. I'm sure we could raise enough.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The side deck down buy the grill may be option also, there you may have tables and chairs , Susan and I will be getting in Wed. we will look around and see

Old 10-02-2017, 04:15 PM

Is any body out there that renting cabin that we could warm the gumbo and hang out for few hours ?

Last edited by Osofast2; 10-02-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll contribute $20 toward the facility. I'm sure each person attending would contribute also, just ask. Suggested donation: Cost of facility divided by number of guests.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Problem is, we need a kitchen not just a room. A cabin was the dream come true but that's gone now.
The Chestnut room (old hospital) has, I THINK, a kitchen, but then we've got 40 cars and all those people driving to the lodge in the dark after - I got complaints the last time we went down there and stayed after dark.

I don't think financing this would be hard. We have enough people (I know it was advertised as free, but c'mon, doing anything FREE at a resort is hard to do), that I think we can raise enough money - just don't see how to do this.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:20 PM

It dose have small Kitchen with stove ,if it cost 300 bucks and 15 of pitch In 20 bucks It covered ,there plenty parking , I would put in 20

Old 10-02-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shamrock
I'll contribute $20 toward the facility. I'm sure each person attending would contribute also, just ask. Suggested donation: Cost of facility divided by number of guests.
There go Mark only need 260 more

Old 10-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

I'll throw in a 20 to cover expenses in needed

Old 10-02-2017, 09:33 PM

If everyone on the list pitched in 10 bucks you have more than enough

Old 10-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey , Crystal, just checking in. Yes the pool is closed for the season. I'll kick in 20 if that's the way were going. Or I can bring a 2 burner camping stove. Let me know. It will "ding" now from this thread. So ,I'll be attentive...

Old 10-03-2017, 09:19 AM

I had already made plans to attend the dinner. I do not eat Cajun food (Although I did eat at BoJangles once, but that is as close as I want to get.) but it would be nice to visit and enjoy the company. Would it be worth $20.00 to listen to Mark's stories.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by ewaynec
I had already made plans to attend the dinner. I do not eat Cajun food (Although I did eat at BoJangles once, but that is as close as I want to get.) but it would be nice to visit and enjoy the company. Would it be worth $20.00 to listen to Mark's stories.
Not really, they're kind of dull and he never actually finishes the one he's on before moving to the next one.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm willing to pitch in $20 to help. Just a thought if every one on the list pitched in $10 it would cover the room and the left over $ would help offset the cost of the food for Crystal and Mark. Feeding this many people can't be cheap.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just posted this on the Dragon event board:

Just a thought based on Bitjocky's cabin availability. We could use this as a meeting place for the event. Would also provide a place to have Crystal's gumbo on Thursday. With about 80 cars, this would be less than $5 per car if everyone chipped in. Lots of possibilities. We're in for $5!

Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by donsxfire

Just a thought based on Bitjocky's cabin availability. We could use this as a meeting place for the event. Would also provide a place to have Crystal's gumbo on Thursday. With about 80 cars, this would be less than $5 per car if everyone chipped in. Lots of possibilities. We're in for $5!
We only need it for one night though 😂. Can you imagine 40 people inside the tiny cabin.

It is a valid option though.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ewaynec
No, cause my stories get told at every lunch stop and in the lobby anyway.

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Not really, they're kind of dull and he never actually finishes the one he's on before moving to the next one.
I finish my stories, you just don't realize it cause you tend to pass in and out from all the "jungle juice"....

Old 10-03-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I finish my stories, you just don't realize it cause you tend to pass in and out from all the "jungle juice"....
This is an accurate statement.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
This is an accurate statement.
He passes out I just fall sleep ha ha Ha ha ha

Old 10-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by donsxfire

No way, those cabins are just too small for the MOB we are gonna have. This thing really took off, I don't think Crystal had ANY idea how big of a deal this would turn into. NEVER say, "I have an idea" around THIS bunch.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

***UPDATE***

So, Pizzaguy and I have decided to go with the Chestnut Room. At this point, it seems to be our best option. It was either this or we would have had to cancel the event. It is $320 ($300+tax) for the rental and we will have it from 4pm until Midnight. They will have tables, chairs, and linens for 70 people set up for us. Best of all, they will take care of all of the clean up.

Pizzaguy got a list of people in our group who have Cabins and my friend Don Thomas (CajunXFire) apparently has one. I spoke with Don and he is more than willing to let us use his Cabin to heat up the food. Best of all, Don and I are traveling up together, so we will arrive at the same time. So, that issue is solved!

I am going to try to arrive by 4:00 to allow plenty of time to heat up the food. I know we already discussed donations in this thread. There are over 50 attendees on the list, so that makes a "suggested donation" of $6 per person. If you would like to donate, post here or send me a PM so I can kind of keep track of it all. You can bring cash to the event or if you wish, you can send money to my PayPal account: mom2kkj at g-mail.

**Note: No one is being required to donate towards the room since this event was advertised as free. However, as was mentioned previously, donations towards the cost of the room would be greatly appreciated. Once I have reached the $320, I will update this thread accordingly, as the Gumbo itself was always going to be "our gift to you all" since so many of you have offered friendship and help with our cars whenever it was needed. We have been overwhelmed with the generosity of this group and it is our desire to "give back" to the community that has given us so much.