Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Question???

Old 04-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question???

This is a quick question to all you Roadster owners out there...over the weekend (Sunday) when the dealer was closed I noticed a black limited roadster with two tone gray seats sitting in his lot...it listed for $41,445.00...what do you all think someone could or should be able to buy that car for??? AND if you did it over again would you still buy the roadster? Thanks

Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Question????

Can't answer the price question with any authority, but the answer to question #2 is MOST DEFINITELY!!!

Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it and always run Topless, I love mine. I have heard of Limiteds going from 29k and up, and read about some lower but have not spoken to anyone that has. I hope it works out for you, Let us know!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Question????

Would definitely do it again if I had to...I paid $41,630.00 in 2004 for my 2005 Limited Roadster. Check Ebay and the dealers also go to www.overstock.com and get a coupon that can be used with other dealer incentives. You should be able to grab one for about $32,000.00 - $35,000.00 or maybe less.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM

Just paid $29,995 for a red limited roadster a few weeks ago in Chicago area. You have to shop around. 2 dealers I discussed with several x's would not budge from $32,500. The red was +$34k one day and then offered to me for just under $30 the next day.

Your best bet is to internet shop and make counter offers to dealers via e-mail. I started with a 25 mile radius from where I live and then expanded to 50. The dealer I bought from is 49.9 miles from my house. It would have been worth an even longer drive to save more $.

Joe

Good luck

Last edited by jsek; 04-06-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. My local dealer (not the one who has the Crossfire) always sells me cars at the ep price (employee price) with no questions asked. This dealer just wrote me back and wants to know if I am an employee etc etc. From what I have read alot of dealers work with that ep pricing with no problem...am I right? I see no reason someone couldn't buy a limited roadster for under $30,000.00 but there again I am not an expert...just know these cars have sat around on lots and should be had for a goood deal.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:25 PM

Well I just heard back from him (email) and he will sell me the roadster for $31,647.00...it lists for $41,445.00...I don't need this car right now just thought I would see what kind of deal is out there...what do you all think? Comments appreciated...

Old 04-06-2006, 04:21 PM

I bought my used 2005 limited roadster for $29.5K off of ebay from a Michigan dealer (2,952 miles). My sister works for Chrysler and I can get the Employee pricing. The deal you have is a good one. Around $31K was what I was figuring I would have to pay if I did not find the used one that I found.

BTW, I love the car. I would do it over again.

My alternate consideration would be a Solstice/Sky GXP when it becomes available. My problem is that the one time I sat in a Solstice (auto show) it had no knee room. I am 6' 3" and have plenty of leg room in the Xfire but could use 1 inch more of head room with the top up. The GXP will set you back about $26K at MSRP. It will be at MSRP for another year or so.

This has become my only vehicle so the top goes up during the Illinois winter.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by lookinto
I bought my used 2005 limited roadster for $29.5K off of ebay from a Michigan dealer (2,952 miles). My sister works for Chrysler and I can get the Employee pricing. The deal you have is a good one. Around $31K was what I was figuring I would have to pay if I did not find the used one that I found.

BTW, I love the car. I would do it over again.

My alternate consideration would be a Solstice/Sky GXP when it becomes available. My problem is that the one time I sat in a Solstice (auto show) it had no knee room. I am 6' 3" and have plenty of leg room in the Xfire but could use 1 inch more of head room with the top up. The GXP will set you back about $26K at MSRP. It will be at MSRP for another year or so.

This has become my only vehicle so the top goes up during the Illinois winter.
I know what you mean because I am almost 6' 3" myself and have learned how to exit and enter my Crossfire "very carefully"...does the Roadster have more headroom then the coupe? By the way when he told me what he would take for the car I wrote him back and told him what would he trade me for my 2004...haven't heard back as of yet which doesn't surprise me...haha. Just having fun with all of this and trying to see how far the dealer will go for a deal...kinda fun.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Kent, so you've got the roadster bug? As nice as today was, who can blame you.
You probably already know what my opinion is. That's right, You should have kept your original 1970 383 Challenger Convert. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion. But since you didn't, I suppose a Crossfire roadster will just have to do.
Don't mind me, You know I'm still "stuck in 70's".

Old 04-06-2006, 07:37 PM

KMAG
What dealer did you buy from? Do you have good luck with the service at the dealer?

I drive to Findlay about 6 times a year. I'd be willing to do so more if the dealer has an excellent service department!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by gekkoski
KMAG
What dealer did you buy from? Do you have good luck with the service at the dealer?

I drive to Findlay about 6 times a year. I'd be willing to do so more if the dealer has an excellent service department!
The dealer is Treadway Chrysler Jeep...they are located on U.S. 224 West so not hard to get to from Interstate 75. I always hate to recommend someone because the minute you do something negative is going to happen and you have "egg on your face" if you know what I mean. To answer your question though they have been pretty fair with me so far...oh I have had to haggle over trades with them because like any dealer their first offer frankly stinks but all in all they do deal. As far as service goes SO FAR it has been good but my cars aren't high mileage so down the road who knows??? I have known the parts guy for many years and he is excellent and always gives me a good discount on parts. I suppose they are as good as any dealer and probably better then some. Kent

Old 04-07-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Hi Kent, so you've got the roadster bug? As nice as today was, who can blame you.
You probably already know what my opinion is. That's right, You should have kept your original 1970 383 Challenger Convert. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion. But since you didn't, I suppose a Crossfire roadster will just have to do.
Don't mind me, You know I'm still "stuck in 70's".
Yes Mike I do miss the Challenger but it has a good home and he pampers it more then I did...haha. Now need to run something by you and anyone else in here too...let me start from the beginning again...the dealer wrote to me and said he would sell the roadster outright for $31,647.00...I wrote him back and said how about if I traded my 2004 Crossfire for it (my car has 4,500 miles on it by the way) and I owe approx. $11,000 on my car. He came back with a quote of $28,999.00 to trade...YIKES...am I wrong but that seems like a BAD DEAL. Please I am asking for everyone's two cents on this deal...to me it seems very poor. My problem is I usually trade when the one car is paid off and this time it wouldn't be that way...if I trade at all and right now I just feel like keeping my sapphire blue coupe which I do like.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Unhappy Re: Question????

That's a BAD deal. $29K plus your trade that you owe $11K puts you at $39K to move up one year on your Crossfire. Another way to look at it is that he will sell it to you at $32K without a trade, so your trade-in value to the dealer is only worth $3k.

Sell your vehicle on eBay, that has worked for me on 2 motorcycles that I sold to buy the Crossfire.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That was the dealers not so subtle way of saying he doesn't want your trade. I agree with "lookinto", if you really want to sell your coupe and replace it with a roadster, put it on EBAY. My nephew has sold dozens of cars there with no problem.
Check out ebay item # 4609514037, it sold 2 months ago used, for more money than I paid for mine brand new a year ago! Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Thanks for the advice...I did feel that was a bad trade considering what he got for it...namely my car and alot of cash...thanks for confirming what I felt...what I am going to do right now is keep the coupe which I like very much and enjoy it...a roadster maybe in the future sometime...thanks again for all the help...Kent

Old 04-09-2006, 12:02 AM

Can't even remember now what site I was in but noticed a local dealer in Lima, Ohio had a black roadster for sale with the cedar interior ...17,000 miles for $27,995.00. No I am not going to pursue it just wanted to share. Seems like they are asking top buck for roadsters.