Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

I am so sick of...

Old 06-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am so sick of...

Originally Posted by Crossfire Princess
Don't be so sure a bike will take out a car in a race. My buddy has a Cobra and has taken on 3 crotch rockets...and beaten all of them. But, you are right...for the most part a bike will take them out...oh...and for the record this is Crossfire Princess boyfriend. Sorry I could not resist responding after she showed me this thread.
Might happen on your roads not a chance in the UK not enough room any bike would lose it on the twisty bits.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by siataukreg
Might happen on your roads not a chance in the UK not enough room any bike would lose it on the twisty bits.
Depending on how you set up the Cobra...maybe not but, for the most part yes...as most cars like the Cobra are set more for street line. And yeah most bikes are better suited to "flick" left and right...point noted.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfire Princess
Depending on how you set up the Cobra...maybe not but, for the most part yes...as most cars like the Cobra are set more for street line. And yeah most bikes are better suited to "flick" left and right...point noted.
That's ok just call it experience (comes with age). Most cobras over here are replicas using 3.5 v8 rover/buick power. There are even some pinto engined ones which as you can imagine are next to useless. I can say with all honesty that my bike gets to the hundred faster than anything i have ever driven but as bikes go its no where near the quickest the ZZR1400 takes that title with ease.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Default Re: I am so sick of....

Originally Posted by siataukreg
you see we brits are a jolly nice bunch.
You bet. And we all need more friends who are as kind and generous as you are. Your restoration and fabrication work are really admirable.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Forum Regular

Do keep in mind I own a bike that goes 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds...I am not talking about a ninja 250 or 500. A cobra beating a bike in general just means the rider wasn't up to par. I don't know why you were telling me uk's laws regarding driving. I have been over 200 mph on my bike but that's not the point I was getting at, I was just saying their is ALWAYS something faster.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Jp2005, I hate beating and dead horse, and fighting online, It just immature.
My point of mentioning the price of the crossfire roadster wasn't to be a jerk/sound like as*hole. The point was to prove that i was not jealous, as you say. I was trying to prove if i wanted it i would of bought it.

I when i look at a car i look at style/how it drives. I don't live my life, by worrying about who can burn/"roast" me. That's just dumb, their are always bigger fish in the sea.

I was angry because, racing on public street ruins lives. The guy in the STI almost made me rear end him. I didn't say I hated subaru drivers, I said I hated Ignorant drive that think there fast on the street. Two of my closest friends ruined their life's racing. One die when he wrapped this type-s around a pole. And the other is so messed up form the accident he can barely move by himself.

Now imagine watching your friend crash, and ambulance and firefighters telling you, your friend from grade school is dead. Imagine going to your friends funeral your senior year of high school after you picked out colleges to go to. Imagine now seeing the same accident happening but this time you go to the hospital and a doctor tells you, your friend is brain damaged. Imagine seeing someone you played sport in the park with, shared your candy with in elementary school, hung out with throughout high school, and the same person got you into the whole car since. Sit in chair with is mother feeding him. Imagine trying to have a conversation with someone, that just mumbles. Imagine remembering the way some was.

jp2005 I have the right to hate street racing.

*Live my life before you comment.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Forum Regular

Here's a car that will put any bike to shame, and what would you rather have an accident in going 100+, a bike, or car? This is what you get when Europe meets Asia. A Honda powered European rocket. http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/press.htm enough said. Next thread please, thank you!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

crossfirekid: that does not put bikes to shame, it only proves my point even more, example a gsxr 1000 does 0-100 in around 5.5, and that's only a 1k cc.

*source: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ro...uki_gsx_r1000/ *so i really am quite unsure of what your talking about.

gtr: however, dragon, i agree fighting online is very immature, but do understand you "live and learn" not everyone has had the life experiences as you, and i feel for you for that, but to me you just seemed exactly like the person with their '77 sl450 who was trying to act like a badas* where i work, and i just wanted to make the dic*head cry when i told him how much i was worth, but couldn't cause i was at work. *if that's not what you were trying to prove then disregard my statement to you about pricing* like i stated not trying to argue, but you posted on a forum, to get your point out, and hear responses, so of course gtr i will respond.

crossfireprincess, and boyfriend: if a street car takes a bike, it is almost always due to the rider not being up to par, not in right gear, not tucking properly, etc. for proof just look at the power to weight ratios.

Last edited by jp2005; 06-18-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sick of em too. No STYLE. ... No CLASS.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks jp2005

Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GTR DRAGON
Thanks jp2005
yeah not a problem, kinda a peaceful ending to our heated debate, though...go figure.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 AM

I think I saw a license plate of yours in the LA Farmer's Market parking lot.