Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

XF Roadster - soft top fabric problem caused by constructional fault

Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: XF Roadster - soft top fabric problem caused by constructional fault

Originally Posted by Erzer
Well, this is the last update...

Chrysler will not cover the fabric as it is out of warranty and the wrap warranty only covers the electrical/mechanical; which is the main reason I got it.

The dealer where I went said there is nothing they can do and about the only thing we (all of us) can do is continue to call the 800 number and pester them about it being a design flaw. With only about 66 of us, it would have to be a lot of calling to get their interest and even then I doubt it because it would be too costly for them to concede.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

The number is 800-992-1997 if anybody is interested, I have to move on to another warranty issue.
It is unlikely that even the best and most expensive bumper-to-bumper warranty will cover a soft top fabric. The top mechanism YES, but the fabric NO.

However, for those of you with a 2005 roadster, you might have chance to have your top replaced under the X31 extended warranty for the glass separation issue. I just had mine replaced today and it looks great after a minor adjustment to the installation.

The new top (a new part #) seems to be made of the same OEM material (as inspected on back side) but the top of the fabric feels softer to the touch. I doubt if this "crease issue" will ever surface. BTW, I did not have the notorious crease on my original top.

In any event, good luck to all.

BTW: can anyone tell us where the OEM tops were fabricated? Germany? USA? Karmann? Chrysler?

Last edited by Kane; 09-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.