Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Needswings cold air wrapped a the way to the front grill?

Old 08-18-2021, 09:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Needswings cold air wrapped a the way to the front grill?

Why? So hope the K&N are water proof? Ha Ha I've been told not to shorten them could change the Mass Air tune. I don't think this car has been turned by eurocharge since 2011?? I'm lost on where to go. Can a Mercedes-Benz dealer tune this car?

Old 08-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Needswings cold air wrapped a the way to the front grill?

Can a Mercedes-Benz dealer tune this car?
No way Jose, but it would provide him a good laugh.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutkill
Why? So hope the K&N are water proof? Ha Ha I've been told not to shorten them could change the Mass Air tune. I don't think this car has been turned by eurocharge since 2011?? I'm lost on where to go. Can a Mercedes-Benz dealer tune this car?
The air is colder in the nose of the vehicle than in the middle of the engine bay where the stock filters are, thats why. No the filters are not waterproof but it's damn near impossible to suck up water into the engine with that cai unless the vehicle is submerged up to the hood or a vehicle flashes a tidal wave of water over the hood of the car for a long amount of time. Ive never heard of anybody with the needswings cai hydro locking their motor. Lastly if you are concerned about water, just put a prefilter on the k & n filter. Issue solved.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:32 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by philosophico
The air is colder in the nose of the vehicle than in the middle of the engine bay where the stock filters are, thats why. No the filters are not waterproof but it's damn near impossible to suck up water into the engine with that cai unless the vehicle is submerged up to the hood or a vehicle flashes a tidal wave of water over the hood of the car for a long amount of time. Ive never heard of anybody with the needswings cai hydro locking their motor. Lastly if you are concerned about water, just put a prefilter on the k & n filter. Issue solved.
I doubt that the stock filters increase in temperature very much above ambient temperature with the ambient air going through them. If the car sit while hot then heat soak will heat them up pretty quick. But will cool down when they get ambient air running through them again depending on the air speed through them.