Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New Owner! Great forum!

Old 12-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner! Great forum!

Hey everyone, My name is Sophia from Houston, Texas (Spring) and I bought a graphite SRT-6 about 2 months ago from a car collector with only 1,200 miles on it. I'm looking forward to learn a lot about this baby as I'm already having a few issues with it right now.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: New Owner! Great forum!

Welcome & Congrats!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: New Owner! Great forum!

Welcome to the forum. You will learn a great deal from the members. What kind of issues are you having?

Old 12-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the Forum XbebeX.
We have a pretty good idea what your SRT looks like, but do you have any photos of your old Prelude?

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-16-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:54 PM

Keep an eye out for a Black SRT6 coupe. We live off of fm 1488 in the Woodlands, neighbor. Honk if you see us. I bet your having fun. Heck of a ride huh.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome Sophia,

Please describe the issues you are having... maybe we can help...

Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 AM

Got my black SRT-6 roadster last wednesday, just hating having to run it in, grrr, but loving the car, can't wait to unleash it. Only issue I have had so far is misting up lights, but I can live with that till the first service.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Woodlands 2
Keep an eye out for a Black SRT6 coupe. We live off of fm 1488 in the Woodlands, neighbor. Honk if you see us. I bet your having fun. Heck of a ride huh.
Awesome! I work out by the Woodlands right now.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
Welcome to the forum. You will learn a great deal from the members. What kind of issues are you having?
Mainly the bumpy ride/messed up alignment. The car has only 6k miles on it and runs like crap (although in perfect condition and has never been curbed or anything). I can't do anything about it though because the dealer in Richmond, Indiana that it was bought from put wheel locks on the car and failed to give the keys with them. I took the car to Discount Tire per the Houston dealer's advice to get the locks taken off...they couldn't do it. I took it to my friend's high end rim shop and they said the only way to take them off was to weld them off and there is a chance they may nick the rims and it'll cost about a bill or so...Uh no.

The Houston dealer tried all the universal keys they had and none of them worked. I called MOPAR directly and asked what I should do and the guy referred me to McGard-the people who actually manufacture the locks. He asked me to take pictures of the locks and send them over which I did with the part number. He shipped me a socket that should fit between the lock and that particular rim. I should get it by Friday, crossing my fingers...I hope it works. And if it does, to hell with all the Chrysler dealerships. ;o)

All I wanted was to get my wheels balanced and get an alignment. My rear tires are half way worn down already because the camber or something is screwed up. Only the inside half of the tires are balding on both and the steering wheel shakes (along with the rest of the car).

Sorry for the long rant...but I'll keep ya'll posted on the wheel lock situation.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:08 PM

RETIRED ;o)

Last edited by XbebeX; 12-17-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Sophia for posting your old Honda photos. I never saw that type of "ground effects" before. When you get your new car sorted out, I'm sure you will love it.
In the Chrysler dealers defense, Your car may have been a trade in, or a factory exec's car, and the previous owner probably put those wheel locks on it. Usually dealers don't bother with them because the "key" or in your case the "socket" is to easily misplaced and it just causes to many problems. By the way, did you search the entire area under the rear storage mat? They may have hidden the socket there. McGard wheel locks is a very reputable company, and when you get the proper "socket" you can take em right off just like an ordinary lug bolt.
Good luck with your new rocket. Just be careful.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:42 PM

That was actually the WingsWest RS kit that I had on the lude.

I did a lot of backtracking regarding those stupid wheel locks and found out that the Richmond dealer had 2 crossfires at the time and one night, someone took one of the wheels from the other xfire and left it on bricks. So they went ahead and put locks on mine. I guess that was nice of them ;o) I tore up the trunk along with 3 other people but still no key lol.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by XbebeX
That was actually the WingsWest RS kit that I had on the lude.

I did a lot of backtracking regarding those stupid wheel locks and found out that the Richmond dealer had 2 crossfires at the time and one night, someone took one of the wheels from the other xfire and left it on bricks. So they went ahead and put locks on mine. I guess that was nice of them ;o) I tore up the trunk along with 3 other people but still no key lol.
And the Richmond dealer does not have the key?

Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

They didn't leave the 'key' in the glove box? Center console storage area? Pocket storage area in between and just behind the front seats? Cargo nets behind the driver's seat? under the seats?

If the alignment is WAY off and the dealer is crap for being able to fix it... take it to a reputable Mercedes Dealership or Repair shop that does SLK suspension work. I'm sure they could sort it out in short order.

Good luck!

Old 12-22-2006, 01:58 AM

UPDATE!!!

So no key found ANYWHERE in the car. The dealers are dumbas*es and had no answers for me....just shook their head and basically said that sucked. McGard sent me a socket that fit perfectly on the lock ;o) I will finally get my wheels balanced and full alignment.

Lesson learned: Do **** yourself to make it happen. Thanks for reading my rant.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Forum Regular

Just make sure that those problems don't get worse over time due to your SRT6 being used as one of the demo cars in the SRT track experience...

Thanks for joining... We need more female SRT6 owners... evens out the testosterone level and offers more subjective opinions...

Old 12-28-2006, 05:06 PM

Congrats on the new ride!
It sucks that there are some real jerks selling these cars (there are also really good dealers out there too just have to search high and low).
Hope everything goes well and enjoy!!!

Rob