Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Old 04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
Just sent paypal over for the Rudy cooler! I knew it was only a matter of time for the OEM one to go.
Thank you and I will let you know when it ships. Also, am I sending it to Rob for thermal coating?

Take care

Old 06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you Rudy and Rob. Direct fit, no issues, so glad to get one of these instead of just another prone to leaking OEM IC.

IMG_6080_zps4d3c028c.jpg

IMG_6119_zpsc436c932.jpg

Old 06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Forum Regular

She's pretty! Not sure how much life is left in mine. Guess I better get my order in too.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These aluminium coolers have been in circulation for a few years now.
Is anyone convinced it performs better than the OEM?
What sort of IAT figures before and after install - if any?

Old 11-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
These aluminium coolers have been in circulation for a few years now.
Is anyone convinced it performs better than the OEM?
What sort of IAT figures before and after install - if any?
I believe the idea here was not to gain any power or lower IAT.
The point of this intercooler is to provide us with a intercooler option that will not leak like the factory units. If you have a leaking intercooler, this would be a great replacement intercooler.

With that being said, the one I have in my garage is coated by NeedsWings. That plus the "Baked Potato" mod should help lower the IAT just a hair. But I can't say anything about the intercooler itself.

Honestly, I'd like to know myself, but after researching the topic, I've come to accept the SpeedDriven IC as simply a more reliable IC.
I don't think we even know if the core is the same size, smaller or larger. But it sure is reliable!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The idea was to make an intercooler that was better than stock. You can argue that it's better from a durability standpoint and/or the time it takes to heat soak. Once heat soaked, IMO, little to no difference. A supercooler, remote reservoir, or both, first. If your stock intercooler is leaking, no reason not to get this one.

Les

Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 AM

rcompart are these intercoolers still available??? need to replace my intercooller. thanks

Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 AM

no text......deleted

Last edited by Billy22Bob; 05-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by amgstyle
rcompart are these intercoolers still available??? need to replace my intercooller. thanks
Yes they are. Please see the purchase links in post #1 of this thread.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:43 PM

no text........

Last edited by Billy22Bob; 05-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM

There is also a 2nd hand one on ebay here
You still can't manage to keep yourself from sh!tting in other people's threads. And not that you care but it's this crap that made me decide my free time was better spent on things other than being an active member on this forum.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
You still can't manage to keep yourself from sh!tting in other people's threads. And not that you care but it's this crap that made me decide my free time was better spent on things other than being an active member on this forum.
Keep the blood pressure down, he answered first with a referral to Woody's April the first thread and then to a second hand OEM part. You say you are not an active member but get peed off at someone.
It has been three years since you posted anything on this thread, so I'd say no harm was done to it as you have effectively abandoned it, that's just my opinion.
I think you still have free speech and freedom of the press in the US of A., just.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Keep the blood pressure down, he answered first with a referral to Woody's April the first thread and then to a second hand OEM part. You say you are not an active member but get peed off at someone.
It has been three years since you posted anything on this thread, so I'd say no harm was done to it as you have effectively abandoned it, that's just my opinion.
I think you still have free speech and freedom of the press in the US of A., just.
this was a thd opened by Rudy, in 2012 for his intercooler, as long as it is on the forum it is his , and thd jacking is not something we do.,,, ,he has kept up with a lot of the needs of crossfire owners. when he did not own a crossfire, he does now own a srt6 now.
if someone has anythinghe or she wants to get rid of or knows someone or on ebay, they should start another thd to say what they want ,, I also have thds that were thdjacked and i don't appreciate it either. so onehundered you are wrong as i am by posting this which has nothing to do with his inter cooler. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 05-18-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:19 PM

I said nothing of his previous post today even though it had literally zero relevance to amgstyle's question but I don't feel I should just ignore his disrespectful behavior and be accepting of him posting a link to a used OEM intercooler being sold on eBay. This is his MO. He did this 5 years ago when he joined the forum and it has never changed. See a trend here?

And as for me abandoning this thread, half the threads you have started on this forum would be considered abandoned by that logic. And the next post after myself and jessejames was you know who two years later. Should I have fed the troll then?

Old 05-18-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
I said nothing of his previous post today even though it had literally zero relevance to amgstyle's question but I don't feel I should just ignore his disrespectful behavior and be accepting of him posting a link to a used OEM intercooler being sold on eBay. This is his MO. He did this 5 years ago when he joined the forum and it has never changed. See a trend here?

And as for me abandoning this thread, half the threads you have started on this forum would be considered abandoned by that logic. And the next post after myself and jessejames was you know who two years later. Should I have fed the troll then?
If anyone puts something off topic on any thread that I start, I couldn't care less. Threads that wander off theme are fine in my book, in real life topics of conversation get sidetracked all the time, it keeps things interesting I think.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If anyone puts something off topic on any thread that I start, I couldn't care less. Threads that wander off theme are fine in my book, in real life topics of conversation get sidetracked all the time, it keeps things interesting I think.

Boy ! You would just LOVE my wife !

Old 05-18-2017, 10:05 PM

posts deleted to keep the peace......

Old 05-29-2017, 04:46 PM

posts deleted to keep the peace......
As their trusty leader says often enough 'you have been bad, very bad'. Consider your self properly chastised, for what I am not quite sure.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As their trusty leader says often enough 'you have been bad, very bad'. Consider your self properly chastised, for what I am not quite sure.
The thread sh!ter blunder from down under! I'll have to agree with Rudy. Rudy is selling his well thought out intercooler, and billyB try's to steer a prospective customer elsewhere?
What part of that "bad form" don't you not quite get? If Billy didn't agree, why did he delete?

Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
The thread sh!ter blunder from down under! I'll have to agree with Rudy. Rudy is selling his well thought out intercooler, and billyB try's to steer a prospective customer elsewhere?
What part of that "bad form" don't you not quite get? If Billy didn't agree, why did he delete?
Deleted to keep the peace as he says I guess.
Frankly I cannot see that he said anything bad, no cussing, running someone's reputation down. In the land of the free it seems to be less free to have an opinion.
Does Rudy personally build the these inter coolers or are they farmed out?
We have had posts about guns and the stopping power of bullets and I for one find that more disturbing than anything Billy22Bob could say. Let's hope that the info contained in it did not give any help to some criminal.
He asked for feedback after their use for some time and got none.
It is tough to get feedback on failed SC pulleys as well, which maker, size, version and materials I predicted failure in these parts from day one but the actual failure rate is hard to find. I have some info drawings of weak spots,and photos but I am sure it would not be welcomed here, it was would
could get me banned.

Quick Reply: New Intercooler Core anyone? OH YEAH, IT JUST GOT REAL!!!