Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT 6 exhaust

Old 05-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: SRT 6 exhaust

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
Now that you point it out, I'm looking at the NW site. That's what I have , but no cutouts. I didn't recognize it from below the car, hmm. The needswings site explicitly states no drone. Mine was all drone. I didn't know what drone meant until my ears were filled with that noise. It felt like those spongey earplugs that you squish and put in your ear, then let them expand. It was a sense of pressure inside your head. I still have the needswings downpipes, from the stock header, then the downpipes are attached to a y-pipe which goes to the stock muffler, now. The overall exhaust tone is quiet and not very aggressive sounding after taking off the borla muffler and accompanying resonator. The exhaust system had taken damage, though. I replaced the exhaust clamps because they had been scraped until they sheared through and snapped. The resonator had big gouges and dents. The borla muffler was hanging by one hook on the muffler, since the other had broken at the weld and was hanging loose. The car was literally sitting on the ground when I got it, the adjustable springs were fully retracted. There was no suspension engaging, the rear sway bar was resting directly on the rear camber arms. I had to extend the Ground Control adjustable sway bar links just stop the suspension pieces from rubbing. The car is dizzyingly fast. I'm doing what I can to put it to rights. Brakes need to be bled again and an alignment done before I really can tell what it'll do.
I know Tommy didn't let it go in that condition... If I remember correctly, there was a guy in Texas that bought it and immediately sold it due to some "life circumstances". It's possible he was "less than careful". Tommy was a stickler for quality and doing the job "right".

Anyways... glad to see that car is in good hands again, and will be sorted out soon enough.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRT 6 exhaust

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I know Tommy didn't let it go in that condition... If I remember correctly, there was a guy in Texas that bought it and immediately sold it due to some "life circumstances". It's possible he was "less than careful". Tommy was a stickler for quality and doing the job "right".

Anyways... glad to see that car is in good hands again, and will be sorted out soon enough.
I'm not sure the chain of events, exactly, but I ended up buying it from a dealership in Pennsylvania. He was honest, but he drove it like that for 1,000 miles without fixing even the easy stuff.