Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

Originally Posted by Speedriven
My offer still stands that if you do not believe that I will deliver the headers I will refund your deposit RIGHT NOW.

Speedriven and myself pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, amazing products, and cool projects. I am not a faceless man to a desk. If you need anything in regards to our company I WILL help you.

Thank you and there will be header updates next week.

Aleks
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
since you choose to neither call nor email me about my original agreement ill take my refund back and go elsewere for a set of headers
I'm going to join Steve in asking for my refund. Your last promise of a "next week" update was on 5/4/2012... Tomorrow will make 15 days since that promise, without a peep.

If you prefer to sell my spot to someone else, that's fine -- but I do expect to see a refund to my PayPal account soon, one way or another.

Best regards,

Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... ............

Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for you guys still hoping for a set of headers heres a thread that was started today by your speedriven leader alex. guess they finished the headers and forgot to tell everyone!!
..Speedriven's Whipple Supercharger Upgrade....
We have finally had enough time clear up at the shop to completely focus on the Whipple supercharger upgrade kit for the 55K motors!

Our goals are to retain the complete stock look of the kit, have our price point around $6,000, bolt in installation, and of course a generous power gain. Our preliminary system as of now will include:
-2.9L Whipple Supercharger
-Custom intake manifold runners which will retain the stock intake plenums on top,
-Custom mounting plate for the supercharger
-New larger and much more efficient intercooler
-Bypass valve housing which will continue to utilize the factory bypass valve
-Throttle body inlet plate to retain the use of the factory throttle body inlet
-Inlet spacers to allow the use of the stock airbox system
-Custom Y-Pipe to the factory inlet plenums
-Custom mounts for the factory sensors such as the MAP senor
-Custom Supercharger Gearing
-Custom pulley snout and pulley size (In the future smaller pulley sizes will be available for more boost!)
-And all necessary hardware for installation
-Custom Tuning will be in addition to the kit with different pulley sizes

Our kit is to be released in stages.
-Stage 1 Will be the bolt on kit running the stock boost level, but because of the efficiency and size of the blower and intercooler, the car will make significantly more power.

-Stage 2 Will include the kit plus an additional smaller supercharger pulley to increase the boost level. It will also include a custom tune.

-Stage 3 + Will add modifications such as an 82mm TB and Longtube headers. If you have an existing 82mm throttle body it will work with the kit!

And on to the pictures....

Last edited by 32krazy!; 05-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

MB did it so why not others.. step child left out in the cold!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that didn't work out like I would have liked.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm loosing faith fast, not out yet, but I'm not going to hang on much longer ..... are you listening Speedriven? And I consider myself one of the patient types.

Les

Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 PM

Beyond pissed. I'm generally a patient guy... but this is inexcusable.

Here's the thread, I'm under the handle "Kreuzfeuer" over there.

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...r-upgrade.html

My response:

http://mbworld.org/forums/5206658-post28.html

Here's another thread where I'm asking Aleks (post #133) to be upfront:

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...op-blog-6.html

Interesting that near the bottom of that thread, other MB-World members have expressed their doubts on Aleks' definition of "a week"...

I'm done with this one. My car is illegally fast without headers... life will go on. Still haven't received my refund, honestly don't expect to.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular
Unhappy Re: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

This just ain't right.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by bjames
This just ain't right.
Agreed.

Honestly, I'm shocked because Speedriven is considered a fantastic company. I have said many times that if I were local, I would have them service my car. Marcin has always been a class act and I've seen nothing but good things.

I've asked for the refund, but as mentioned I don't expect to see it. I've made bigger mistakes with more 0's attached... live and learn. Just a shame...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

Hi there
I see that speedrive was on the forum today at 8:54. No comments or posts, that just ain't right.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by bjames
Hi there
I see that speedrive was on the forum today at 8:54. No comments or posts, that just ain't right.
And no refund... I quoted his text saying he'd provide one, and asked for one. So did Steve.

Ask and ye shall not receive...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Forum Regular

Speeddrive is back on the forum 9.35

Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 AM

Anyone who would like a refund will be given one but it needs to be emailed to me info@speedriven.com

Project will be completed when there is time and I am sorry if this is not concrete enough of a time frame, but again, I will refund your $100! Deposit whenever you wish. It was said when the project was started that it would be a back burner project, your $100 was only to show a concrete interest in the project, not a promised completion date.

Please stop posting in the mbworld threads, I have an email I check every 15 minutes that could provide you with an answer anytime of day. All you are doing is hurting those who are interested in our top priority projects. The headers are not a top priority for us at the moment and this needs to be understood.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 AM

Anyone who would like a refund will be given one but it needs to be emailed to me info@speedriven.com

Project will be completed when there is time and I am sorry if this is not concrete enough of a time frame, but again, I will refund your $100! Deposit whenever you wish. It was said when the project was started that it would be a back burner project, your $100 was only to show a concrete interest in the project, not a promised completion date.

Please stop posting in the mbworld threads, I have an email I check every 15 minutes that could provide you with an answer anytime of day. All you are doing is hurting those who are interested in our top priority projects. The headers are not a top priority for us at the moment and this needs to be understood.
Amazing how fast we get attention when we post the facts. Shame I had to take it that far. You check this forum often too... In fact, you had earlier this morning. Why was my request not embellished until now?

Please tell us -- just how far along are you on this "backburner" project? Any further than Rudy was months ago? I'm asking on behalf of the other members that are charitable enough to be strung along.

As mentioned on MB-World, I'm not hurting for the $$$. It's the principle that you ignored requests to refund the money after you offered, only to invest tons of time and typing into a sales pitch for a new supercharger upgrade, going so far as to volunteer that ALL other projects were out of the way.... Basically you lied to the folks on MB-World with that last statement.

I only wish the initial post would have been so candid as to say "we'll gladly take your deposit, and in exchange you get an ETA of "after we've completed everything else". A tuner's work is never done -- when is that "some day" going to arrive? What happened to first-in, first-out?

I don't think anyone in this group-buy dreamed that we would be over nine months into the build without even a photo of a completed prototype.

When I was invoiced, we were asked to send a PM with our email address and username for billing purposes... my PayPal data should be linked to that. Was that info lost as well?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 AM

Please stop posting in the MBworld threads...The headers are not a top priority for us at the moment and this needs to be understood.
Except for the fact that eight months ago “the headers” were enough of a priority for your business to create this thread.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 AM

With love, from Aleks:

Once again destroying a new project thread that we have poured thousands and thousands of dollars into along with hundreds of hours needs to be ruined because of your consistent ignorance and unbelievable rudeness. We have multiple times offered a refund to those who are unwilling to wait and yet again you can not be civil and must act childish and ruin our good intentions. It is sad that those who were looking forward to our supercharger now have to deal with your utter and horrible rudeness. Please leave this thread and never post on mbworld ever again about the headers. If the header project needs to be scrapped because you can not understand what it was in the first place (a back burner project), so be it. It was done as a favor in the first place and is destroying our passion for making performance kits. We have built the absolute fastest and most powerful Mercedes packages in the world, and the headers serve no purpose to us except to help the community. We are now trying to set records in big hp for the 55 motor and you believe that your headers should take priority? That is pure ignorance. Our reputation speaks for itself and our customers appreciate that to the fullest extent.

Thank you for destroying another thread becuase of your arrogance from a company that actually works with Mercedes as its priority and helps out the community daily. Hopefully a moderator may be able to help and clean the thread so that I can continue to post awesome things, if a mod needs to contact me I am more than willing to help in any way.

And because of your ignorance, others who had questions about the supercharger went unanswered. I will once again start a new thread, if you decide to post in it, there will be no updates on any projects until they are completed. The time needed to babysit these comments takes away from our development time and further prolongs the delivery date of our kits.

Enough is enough.
This was directed at me and Steve, by the way.

I love being called ignorant!!! LOL

BTW, here is my post that prompted this:

Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Couldn't agree more, Les... except I'm out of patience. You definitely have some 'splaining to do, Aleks.

How can you come on here, boasting "We have finally had enough time clear up at the shop to completely focus on the Whipple supercharger" when you haven't given us an UPDATE, let alone photos or dyno numbers of a header build promised to us several months ago?!? On May 4th you promised us all an update "next week". This is after months of NO news... just a "we're working on it" every now and then.

In a post before that you are defending your honor, and are seemingly "shocked" that we would deem you a crook... Yet, here we are with no headers, no progress reports, no refunds of our deposits as promised. But, you have plenty of time to come on here and advertise new goodies.

For the smart*ss that thinks "no one cares" , here are eleven pages of people getting promised a "new exciting product" by Speedriven... only to be where we are now.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...manifolds.html

If you don't think that's significant, you're one self-absorbed guy.

Then I come on here and see him saying everything is done? All projects cleared out? He has *****, I give him that. But absolutely none of my respect at this point.

Why so harsh?

Since the projects have all been "cleared" he's clearly stating there is no finished header. He's either lying to you guys, to lure you into thinking there will be a focused, quick turnaround (LMAO) or he's lying to the members of another Speedriven group buy, telling us there is a dedicated build going on when clearly that isn't so. Either way, he has lied to one of the parties and I'm sick of it. I don't (knowingly) do business with liars.

If they can't be trusted with the small things, how do you expect them to handle $6,000+ of your hard-earned cash, extensively modifying a motor worth tens-of-thousands without a warranty??? They can't even manage a header build as scheduled.

I will simply say this much: either Speedriven refunds my deposit ASAP, as well as the other deposits requested by disgruntled members, or my new hobby will become telling everyone what a fraud Speedriven is.

This is beyond an oversight. This is borderline theft. When you set the money right, I will set the record straight and correct this post.
I'm only quoting this because a tantrum was thrown and he's now beckoning the moderators to sweep up the mess.

Last edited by JHM2K; 05-22-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by splinter
Except for the fact that eight months ago “the headers” were enough of a priority for your business to create this thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you, Splinter.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Forum Regular

Your invoice was emailed to you and I followed up with a reply to your previous email to make sure it got through.

That being said, we have 10 people on the list pending Teck-9's deposit so it's full steam ahead. If anyone is still on the fence and wants to be part of this group buy, the cut-off date is December 1st. After that, the group buy discount will be over and the price will go to $1299. Right now, the group buy price is $1049 and if we get to 20, it drops to $999.
Full steam ahead to the back burner. Himmm?

Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check yourself aleks. NOWERE on the op does speedriven explain that this will be a back burner project. thats on you! i know for a fact you have a set made. NO POWER? DOESNT FIT? TO COSTLY?

rest assured i will post (im 320dreamer on the other forum) on every single thread you ever make telling unknowing folks what a liar and a fake you are. im on 7 different forums and your comments and deception will follow you for a very long time. you have pissed off one very big ***** and i wont forget it
i received my deposit within hours of calling aleks out on the other forum. if i were the rest of the members i would run for the hills as they could care less about you or your cars

Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll post this here and not over "there". Speedriven need's to sit down and think about what's best for Speedriven at this point. Make them asap or cancel the project and refund deposits. I didn't call you and ask for headers, this group buy came about on an open forum so I'll ask they be completed or for a refund on an open forum. Rudy is not Speedriven and neither are you. So, if you leave the company the whipple project goes back burner? You don't want us to post in your threads on MBworld? OK, how about we start some of your own. I'd say we've shown patience and restraint. I want the headers but I can't accept your latest interpretation. You asked for a deposits and received deposits. When you took the money a contract was made with us. I knew this was a back burner project from the beginning but it wasn't a gift or loan without a due date. I believe it'll turn out cheaper for Speedriven to make them or cancel immediately. You need to clean this up and stop ignoring the problem you've created. In my opinion, naturally.

Les

Quick Reply: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!