Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

And you wonder why there are so few builders of anything... Tuners, right! Good luck with that. I saw this **** with the vette club...different car, same old ****.... Rudy, come on down, you can work on my **** anytime. Speedriven, will continue on making $$$$ doing what they do...10 people won't close their doors, but words will close friendships, which are worth a hell of lot more than these cars....all I have to say. If I do go ahead with my exhaust project, I will share the info after the fact, and you can work your own deals if you like their work... I won't be doing any group buys...

Old 05-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Real Crossfire Headers - These ain't no stinkin' log style manifolds!!!

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
If I do go ahead with my exhaust project, I will share the info after the fact, and you can work your own deals if you like their work... I won't be doing any group buys...

Probably going to be the best route.. and whisper in your builders ear if these turn some HP there will most likely be more to follow. That way if he's interested he can document and jig up off yours for any to follow.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a set of exhaust manifolds with the sensors still screwed in if it'll help out your builder. Squirrel Crusher

Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone explain to me the econometrics that....AMG get a hold of a vehicle and their scope is to extract maximum horsepower from the unit in a well balanced fashion ....
and are remiss to find this little morsel on the offing?

Mind you having said that - you guys on this forum has proven to show there are morsels such as this within the design of the car - upwards of 30-50rwhp and getting the car from the low 13's to high 11's.

Be good to hear from someone who has actually done a header swap and see dyno's.

If its in the 20-30rwhp then that's the equivalvent of a pulley upgrade.

I'd imagine the "package" is tuned - so the headers probably influence the cam shaft design as well with the conequence being it might affect fuel consumption.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM

This is dead thread. Rudy has moved on to another job, and I haven't heard a thing from those at Speedriven. I personally don't see how #1 you can fit anything in there other than what is there, and I, for the few who have ventured into shorty headers, saw no HP gains. Long tubes, maybe, but the cost for so little HP would probably kill the project. I think we have modded out this motor with bolt on's. I have no interest of going internal as long as the motors are healthy. So, it is what it is...

Old 09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
This is dead thread. Rudy has moved on to another job, and I haven't heard a thing from those at Speedriven. I personally don't see how #1 you can fit anything in there other than what is there, and I, for the few who have ventured into shorty headers, saw no HP gains. Long tubes, maybe, but the cost for so little HP would probably kill the project. I think we have modded out this motor with bolt on's. I have no interest of going internal as long as the motors are healthy. So, it is what it is...

I hear there are a set of headers with "wings" in the making

Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
I hear there are a set of headers with "wings" in the making
lol...... well, wings would help.... I won't hold my breath.... not about them being made, about them making the kind of HP everyone thinks they will make....

Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 PM

If people would get the typical style header out of mind, there is other ways...

Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beaner
If people would get the typical style header out of mind, there is other ways...
"I MAY be completely wrong".. kinda comes with a disclaimer doesn't it?

Now what you got brewing up north?