Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

blown turn signal bulb, or not?

Old 08-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Re: blown turn signal bulb, or not?

Originally Posted by Coyote
To follow up on this, there were some of these sockets listed on various parts sites, but all were out of stock when one tried to order, and no more were being shipped to those distributors. In the end, I had to buy a replacement headlamp assembly to get what I needed. And, since the lens was heavily scarred on my original (tried polishing, to no avail), it worked out well. However, then I felt the need to buy a new headlamp assembly for the passenger side. Then I put XPEL film over both of them. Everything looks good and is working fine now.
I drive past 4-5 junk yards every now and then and once in a while you will find a crossfire there. I might just stop in there next time and see if they want to sell me that particular part! They might or might not and if they don't maybe I can get a cheap backup headlight assembly that way! Wouldn't hurt to have at all and might come in handy down the road...worst comes to worst I'll keep it and sell the whole thing to a forum member.
Only thing I have to make sure is that the salvaged Crossfire is one of the newer models as I think the weakspot of that part was in 04 and 05 (correct me if I'm wrong). I also read on here that Roadsters didn't have that problem!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Not true. My 05 Roadster has the crappy sockets too.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:20 PM
xme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, just ran into this on my roadster on the way home last night. Pulled the socket, one of the contacts on the bulb housing was bent inwards. Pried it back up, reinstalled bulb, and voila. Thanks guys.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:16 PM

And this is why I come to the forum. Same problem with turning signal. Had about decided to take it to the dealer but came here first. Thanks y'all.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

These are the sockets (CLICK) and some of the places they can be purchased from, I got mine from Lithuania and they worked fine.
Also the Peugeot part number is 621546.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-25-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
These are the sockets (CLICK) and some of the places they can be purchased from, I got mine from Lithuania and they worked fine.
Also the Peugeot part number is 621546.

180 you're worth your weight in Platinum!

Old 08-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Talking Re: blown turn signal bulb, or not?

Thank you, so much. I thought I was losing my mind. I will try it tonight.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:29 PM

Glad this thread is still on here. I tried everything then I saw this. Thank you!

Old 01-02-2021, 01:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a pair for $10 on Amazon last week (Dec. 2020). They work perfectly!

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-10-2021, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: blown turn signal bulb, or not?

Originally Posted by vpats
I thought I’d throw this out, I didn’t see anything posted referring to this exact issue. My right side (passenger) side turn signal bulb quit working. When turning the right signals on, it would blink very fast, the rear signal worked but the front was out. Thinking it was a simple bulb replacement; I bought a couple of new bulbs.

I pulled the bulb assembly and removed the old bulb and holding it up to the light, it really didn’t look blown. Since I already had new bulbs, I put one in and replaced the bulb assembly into the headlight module.

Starting the car and hitting the lever, the problem was still with me, rear worked and the front didn’t. Hummmm? Now what? I pulled the bulb assembly back out and as I was looking it over I noticed a small metal contact point on the side of the bulb assembly. Using my fingernail, I gently (GENTLY) pulled it out at tad (less than a 64th of in inch) and put in back in the headlight module.

Eureka! It worked. I don’t know how it would lose the connection, I mean it just sits there and does nothing. The point is, before you spend big bucks, take a look at this solution. It worked for me.

Wow! My exact issue! I have put two bulbs in it so far and it's doing it again. I love this forum!

The following users liked this post:
Alberto63 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 08:40 PM

I'm having the same issue and will try your solution. Thanks for posting.
Actually just back in from effecting this minor repair and Eureka indeed! So glad to have found this forum as I'm a new owner of 2004 Crossfire.

Last edited by Alberto63; 07-24-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by vpats
I thought I’d throw this out, I didn’t see anything posted referring to this exact issue. My right side (passenger) side turn signal bulb quit working. When turning the right signals on, it would blink very fast, the rear signal worked but the front was out. Thinking it was a simple bulb replacement; I bought a couple of new bulbs.

I pulled the bulb assembly and removed the old bulb and holding it up to the light, it really didn’t look blown. Since I already had new bulbs, I put one in and replaced the bulb assembly into the headlight module.

Starting the car and hitting the lever, the problem was still with me, rear worked and the front didn’t. Hummmm? Now what? I pulled the bulb assembly back out and as I was looking it over I noticed a small metal contact point on the side of the bulb assembly. Using my fingernail, I gently (GENTLY) pulled it out at tad (less than a 64th of in inch) and put in back in the headlight module.

Eureka! It worked. I don’t know how it would lose the connection, I mean it just sits there and does nothing. The point is, before you spend big bucks, take a look at this solution. It worked for me.
I am SO glad I found you all. This worked like a charm today for me!!

Old 08-27-2021, 08:51 PM

Ok guys, I'm having some real trouble here. I have the same issue (front driver turn signal/fast blink rear) with no bulb out indicator. I got the other housings and no joy. I tried bending out the connections and still nothing. Is it the headlight housing connection?

Old 08-27-2021, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LGV-XFIRE
Ok guys, I'm having some real trouble here. I have the same issue (front driver turn signal/fast blink rear) with no bulb out indicator. I got the other housings and no joy. I tried bending out the connections and still nothing. Is it the headlight housing connection?
It is possible you will have to look inside the headlight preferably with a mirror and there might be a hole there where the turn signal socket makes contact. If that is the case then you need to remove the headlight and put some solder there to repair it.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know this is an old thread but i didn't want to start another topic on this issue.i also had the tab break on my passenger side socket.i found another socket from a driver side headlight.by chance are these sockets side oriented?i'm having a hard time locking this one in and i don't want to break this socket.

Old 09-17-2023, 12:26 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by loudrango
i know this is an old thread but i didn't want to start another topic on this issue.i also had the tab break on my passenger side socket.i found another socket from a driver side headlight.by chance are these sockets side oriented?i'm having a hard time locking this one in and i don't want to break this socket.
If you are talking about turn signal lamp holders, I swear they are the same on both sides. I can ask Bob McCubbin, he found a source for new parts over the winter and it was just ONE part.

Old 09-17-2023, 08:53 AM

thank you for the clarification.

Old 09-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by loudrango
thank you for the clarification.

I found if you put a SLIGHT dab of vaseline on the tabs where they lock into the socket, it locks in much easier. Also, if you have an issue with getting in there, there are help topics in the download section that basically says use an OE/Box wrench to 'turn' the bulb socket in. It (the OE/Box wrench) allows a little more torque for us older folks hands. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2023, 11:17 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
If you are talking about turn signal lamp holders, I swear they are the same on both sides. I can ask Bob McCubbin, he found a source for new parts over the winter and it was just ONE part.
They are the same both sides, my latest revision CLICK gives the part number.
We have the same old questions time and time again, search is good feature, especially Google.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-17-2023 at 12:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 01:29 PM

thanks all

Quick Reply: blown turn signal bulb, or not?