Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

High Power ERROR FREE Projector Style Back Up Lights

Old 06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default High Power ERROR FREE Projector Style Back Up Lights

I've been doing alot of research on converting my (wife's) SRT6 roadster to LED lighting. I found these great high power ERROR FREE (meaninig the bulb has a built in load resistor so it won't trigger the bulb out warning light) LED projector style back up light bulbs. They are NOT cheap but they seem to be perfect for replacing the back up light bulbs. Thought I would share . . .

Here's the link on where I found these (where to purchase) . . .

White Error Free 1156 7506 P21W LED Reverse Back up Light Bulbs (High Power 5W) | eBay

ENJOY!

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-24-2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Photo added
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: High Power ERROR FREE Projector Style Back Up Lights

I like the description in the body...

Features:
  • 6000K Xenon White
  • Size: 0.78" in diameter, and 2.00" long
  • Equips with high power FLUX LED emitter plus 3x optical projector to maximize the lighting output
  • Lighting output: approx 900 lum
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Lifespan: 20000 working hours
  • This LED bulb is polar sensitive, so in case the bulb won't light up, please flip it 180 degrees
Note: Since the LED bulbs have lower wattage, therefore when installing on some newer European cars, you need to tap on load resistors to get rid of the error code on dashboard or flickering issue.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

I like the description in the body...

Features:
  • 6000K Xenon White
  • Size: 0.78" in diameter, and 2.00" long
  • Equips with high power FLUX LED emitter plus 3x optical projector to maximize the lighting output
  • Lighting output: approx 900 lum
  • Voltage: 12V
  • Lifespan: 20000 working hours
  • This LED bulb is polar sensitive, so in case the bulb won't light up, please flip it 180 degrees
Note: Since the LED bulbs have lower wattage, therefore when installing on some newer European cars, you need to tap on load resistors to get rid of the error code on dashboard or flickering issue.

NOTE: Please explain 'Error Free'?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
NOTE: Please explain 'Error Free'?
Please know that I am NOT an expert about this but from my research into LED bulbs, my understanding is this . . .

LED bulbs consume much less power than regular incandescent bulbs. The Crossfires (as well as most modern European vehicles) have a circuit that is designed to trigger a warning light alerting the driver when a light bulb is burnt out. As LED bulbs consume much less power, they will trigger that bulb out warning light. To prevent this, an inline resistor needs to be installed in the bulb circuit to "trick" the system and prevent the bulb out indicator. An ERROR FREE (or Can-Bus) bulb already has that resistor built into the bulb so there is no need to install a separate resistor into the bulb circuit. Buying ERROR FEE or Can-Bus bulbs is the easiest way to change over to LED lighting. I hope his explanation is understandable.

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 PM

Contradictory information is what I'm seeing.. "Error Free" and "resistor may be needed"

Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM

Contradictory information is what I'm seeing.. "Error Free" and "resistor may be needed"
No in line resistor is needed with an ERROR FREE bulb. When you posted the specs I wish you had not put in the part about "resistor may be needed". You've only confused the intent of this post. Maybe you can edit your post? THANKS

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Yeah I can edit.. but should I remove the actually sales ad information.. those are sellers words.. not mine..

Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RED DOG
No in line resistor is needed with an ERROR FREE bulb. When you posted the specs I wish you had not put in the part about "resistor may be needed". You've only confused the intent of this post. Maybe you can edit your post? THANKS
The seller is contradicting their self. You can't advertise the bulbs as Canbus Error Free and then add the note about needing resistors in the same ad. Makes no sense dude. Mrmiata is simply trying to explain this to you.

I have purchased LED's from iJDMToy and had zero issues with the bulbs. But they need to fix this ad.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by TomStratRT
The seller is contradicting their self. You can't advertise the bulbs as Canbus Error Free and then add the note about needing resistors in the same ad. Makes no sense dude. Mrmiata is simply trying to explain this to you.

I have purchased LED's from iJDMToy and had zero issues with the bulbs. But they need to fix this ad.
Thank you. Almost makes me wonder if it isn't a "disclaimer" in case you do have an error light.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 PM

Yeah I can edit.. but should I remove the actually sales ad information.. those are sellers words.. not mine..
I certainly agree that the seller's ad is confusing and in the case of advertising an ERROR FREE bulb it is contradictory. I'm guessing that the "note" saying "resistor may be needed" is a general note that he has on all LED bulbs but it should not be included in the description of an ERROR FREE bulb.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Please know that I am NOT an expert about this but from my research into LED bulbs, my understanding is this . . .

LED bulbs consume much less power than regular incandescent bulbs. The Crossfires (as well as most modern European vehicles) have a circuit that is designed to trigger a warning light alerting the driver when a light bulb is burnt out. As LED bulbs consume much less power, they will trigger that bulb out warning light. To prevent this, an inline resistor needs to be installed in the bulb circuit to "trick" the system and prevent the bulb out indicator. An ERROR FREE (or Can-Bus) bulb already has that resistor built into the bulb so there is no need to install a separate resistor into the bulb circuit. Buying ERROR FEE or Can-Bus bulbs is the easiest way to change over to LED lighting. I hope his explanation is understandable.
Yea you totally missed the complete point of my post...

Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 AM

"ERROR FREE (or Can-Bus) bulb already has that resistor built into the bulb so there is no need to install a separate resistor into the bulb circuit. Buying
ERROR FEE
or Can-Bus bulbs is the easiest way to change over to LED lighting. I hope his explanation is understandable."

Totally understandable .. and if you by chance get a dash light error (highly unlikely)
Don't bother returning to vender.. add a resistor. You were notified of this in the advertisement.

It's real simple. All I'm doing is noting the disclaimer to any dash light errors.