General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Censorship

Old 01-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Censorship

Let me guess... you're referencing the $10 2x3 belt routing sticker? I kinda thought the "base service" of this forum was discussing our cars and helping each other out..

My bad once again..

Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The paid vendor sells in the open forum, not in the classified section, never could figure that out.

As for the thin blue line I never did figure why the word thin was used, over half the cops are over weight.
hopefully you will never need the aid of this fat ***.....I told you I am primed....

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Let me guess... you're referencing the $10 2x3 belt routing sticker? I kinda thought the "base service" of this forum was discussing our cars and helping each other out..

My bad once again..
yep that is correct....and the $10 one works just fine on my car... even though I gave the other one away as I have the PSK kit on the coupe.... choices is what it is all about...not back stabbing each other or calling people out like that thread did... and you want a war...the whole damn nation is divided right down the middle right now...and I certainly don't miss the other side...primed, I'm telling you....come on FP, let us get it on...I will be banned in less than a day....

Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Burbon bottle dry? LOL.
Chill Doc.. that attitude is why we can't have a Politcal thread.. Or are you just looking to lead by example for not having one? LOL

Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Politics bring out my attitude...there is an "ignore" feature you can use...if you don't like my 'attitude".... I usually only respond in like manner....read your own posts...

Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Politics bring out my attitude...there is an "ignore" feature you can use...if you don't like my 'attitude".... I usually only respond in like manner....read your own posts...

So hit ignore.. and give you what .. a week to 10 days for hormones to return to normal?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM

you know you really don't know me so I really wouldn't go there.... This is just how the political forum went...first I am a drunk since I don't agree with you, now my hormones, when it's my testosterone that is affected....and it goes on and on, the name calling and the bullshit.... I like to to talk cars not trash, but if it trash you want, that isn't a problem either...and someday I will get to tell in person to kiss my *** when we meet at one of get togethers...that is what a political thread gets you, and those who have met me and do know me, know I will do just that....

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 PM

So basically all business.. FTW and anybody who tries to make light of anything can join the FTW statement..

Gotcha..

Oh.. and I have found KMA is a two way street..

Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

I can understand removing/editing posts if they are threatening or blatantly insulting to a specific member... but for our moderators to simply go through threads and cherry-pick which posts (and parts of posts) they remove, based on THEIR preference, is nonsense. In the end, I end up being quoted (but the original post has vanished) and the thread looks like someone has paranoid schizophrenia.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-thoughts.html

I've lost count of the "respectful" posts by numerous members that were simply deleted. Dave posted a very well thought-out response to a very carefully-worded response of mine -- both were deleted -- his response to my post immediately, and ultimately my post (although "snippets" of my post are quoted by numerous people).

I can't speak for everyone on here, but when I post, I try to invest time and care so as to be thorough and respectful. Most of the responses in that thread were respectful as well.

If my "safe, PC, and respectful" posts aren't safe from removal, then what is?

What is the point of even posting anymore? Do we truly have a zero tolerance rule of anything even being remotely related to politics?

If that's the case, threads about high gas prices should be deleted immediately. Threads moaning about the resale and inflation should be deleted immediately. Threads complaining about potholes should be deleted immediately, as that's a slam on the infrastructure which is fed by tax dollars.

You get my point.

I've been a member here since '06, and have always tried to conduct myself in a respectful and reasonable manner.

Quite simply, it's disrespectful to those that invest time in their thoughts. Especially if the main drive for deletion is a difference of opinion. Very cowardly, and I'm disappointed that we've come to this.
John, frankly what got deleted was a discussion about what happened to Chrysler, a car company. There was only one line involving a political opinion about a political candidate. AllIi did was warntheposter. Yet my entire post was deleted. As was any related conversations.

I was just getting to where I wanted to post here again. Now I see my and many other's, innocuos posst are being deleted.
I would love to explain to the mods that given our current government's apperance in virtualy every aspect of our lives,it is rather hard not to have a connection made.
And while I do understand the phobia some have about "politic,s" the threat of such arbitrary deletions tend to make any conversation here rather more tedious and worthless than the trivial musings they almost always are

Post counts are down and frankly I can't see why anyone would pay to adverstise here ,much less just converse.

If the Mods don't back off the delete button a bit, this forum will continue to become less and less populated and more irrelavent

So, hopefully I can talk about the Crossfire. Are there any mods I can do to improve the performance of my stock 215 HP MB engine?
What about tires?
Why doesn't the Crossfire have a spare tire?

Nevermind.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-10-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM

Yeah guess you really do need a few standing around BS ing on the corner to welcome the newbie's in and point them in the right direction.. Otherwise the search button will be their only friend..alzheimer's will become the forums lifeline then we can meet daily and learn about changing the throttle body for improved performance.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM

Yeah guess you really do need a few standing around BS ing on the corner to welcome the newbie's in and point them in the right direction.. Otherwise the search button will be their only friend..alzheimer's will become the forums lifeline then we can meet daily and learn about changing the throttle body for improved performance.
Oh yeah! The newbies are just flooding in.

After all, this car is selling like hot cakes.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Oh yeah! The newbies are just flooding in.

After all, this car is selling like hot cakes.
Total members that have visited the forum today: 320

Yep looks dead to me.. go check your other forums for a comparisson to dead.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Odd, thespaceport.us (where I am a well-loved mod ) has a political section, a religion section and even separate forums for men and women - and we do just fine!

We are largely conservative, but we have:

one lib-leaning mod,
one hollywood liberal (he writes music for TV shows and commercials)
several lefty types from europe
a guy in russia that thinks russia is the best democracy in the word
and a few average American libs

... and we are all friends! Again, you can discuss politics and disagree and still get along, we do it all the time. Sure, we moderate some posts, usually just editing of a line or two - but it's really rare that we go that far. (Now, I DID delete a post last night because it attacked a fellow forum member, we draw the line at person remarks, they simply are not allowed to stand.)

I don't see why it's so hard here.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Odd, thespaceport.us (where I am a well-loved mod ) has a political section, a religion section and even separate forums for men and women - and we do just fine!

We are largely conservative, but we have:

one lib-leaning mod,
one hollywood liberal (he writes music for TV shows and commercials)
several lefty types from europe
a guy in russia that thinks russia is the best democracy in the word
and a few average American libs

... and we are all friends! Again, you can discuss politics and disagree and still get along, we do it all the time. Sure, we moderate some posts, usually just editing of a line or two - but it's really rare that we go that far. (Now, I DID delete a post last night because it attacked a fellow forum member, we draw the line at person remarks, they simply are not allowed to stand.)

I don't see why it's so hard here.
Me either.. start with post #42 for insight..

Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Would it controversial for me to start a thread on the Ukrainian lady I'm seeing?

I would do it, but just can't come up with a thread title...

Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Would it controversial for me to start a thread on the Ukrainian lady I'm seeing?

I would do it, but just can't come up with a thread title...
How about "liar liar pants on fire".

I just googled "Ukrainian lady" and looked at the images... Unless you are ordering one and having her sent over... mail order... order one for me too!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=pizzaguy;718064]Would it controversial for me to start a thread on the Ukrainian lady I'm seeing?
QUOTE]

I'm guessing there's a webcam chat with that hourly rate?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM

Total members that have visited the forum today: 320

Yep looks dead to me.. go check your other forums for a comparisson to dead.
It used to exceed that considerably.By a factor of three.

320????? you got to be kidding. There are over 70,000 Crossfires in the world. This is a world wide Forum.

I log in everyday because it is my home page. I suspect many othes are the same. I've no reasonto changeitbecause some friends stilllog on. It is good to see their posts from time to time.

Sorry but things are not as exciting as they used to be here. if it wasn't for Pizza and Beaner's chat box entries, there would be no reason to even check in here.

And there is no denying, many former heavy posters are no longer here. That observatoin isn't mine cause I'm truly not on that much to say it. No, ,it has been made by guys like 180,PIZZA and JHM2k, well respected here for their frank honesty.

The Mods had their own agenda and it ran counter to the opinion polls. It wasn't politics that spoiled things, but bad manners and personal insults. Now they censor posts on what appearsto be a personal basis.

I care little, as this place so much less than it used to be. Good folks and good freinds yes, but just kinda limited in what they can say now. So many have gone elswhere.

Good or bad, that fact is undeniable. No matter how you calculate the daily entry log.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-10-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
John, frankly what got deleted was a discussion about what happened to Chrysler, a car company. There was only one line involving a political opinion about a political candidate. AllIi did was warntheposter. Yet my entire post was deleted. As was any related conversations.

I was just getting to where I wanted to post here again. Now I see my and many other's, innocuos posst are being deleted.
I would love to explain to the mods that given our current government's apperance in virtualy every aspect of our lives,it is rather hard not to have a connection made.
And while I do understand the phobia some have about "politic,s" the threat of such arbitrary deletions tend to make any conversation here rather more tedious and worthless than the trivial musings they almost always are

Post counts are down and frankly I can't see why anyone would pay to adverstise here ,much less just converse.

If the Mods don't back off the delete button a bit, this forum will continue to become less and less populated and more irrelavent

So, hopefully I can talk about the Crossfire. Are there any mods I can do to improve the performance of my stock 215 HP MB engine?
What about tires?
Why doesn't the Crossfire have a spare tire?

Nevermind.
Franc, you feel my pain all to well. I've missed your daily wit.

In retrospect, I could have sent FP a PM and called it a day. And I like FP, I really do. I'm friends with him on Facebook and I enjoy his posts, and agree with 90% of them. Differences of view are simply that -- differences.

What prompted me to start this thread was the fact that I wasn't the only one to have posts arbitrarily yanked:

Franc, winstonscifi, MrMiata, onehundred80, all had posts -- thoughtful ones -- removed due to a political undertone.

People will be at each other's throats no matter what... simply take this thread as proof. Obama wasn't even mentioned, but two guys are threatening each other over a bloody sticker.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Franc, you feel my pain all to well. I've missed your daily wit.

In retrospect, I could have sent FP a PM and called it a day. And I like FP, I really do. I'm friends with him on Facebook and I enjoy his posts, and agree with 90% of them. Differences of view are simply that -- differences.

What prompted me to start this thread was the fact that I wasn't the only one to have posts arbitrarily yanked:

Franc, winstonscifi, MrMiata, onehundred80, all had posts -- thoughtful ones -- removed due to a political undertone.

People will be at each other's throats no matter what... simply take this thread as proof. Obama wasn't even mentioned, but two guys are threatening each other over a bloody sticker.
Well, we all know stickers make a car go faster

Quick Reply: Censorship