General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

crossfire dashboard warning lights: watch them

Old 05-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default crossfire dashboard warning lights: watch them

do you watch the warning lights every time after you start the engine?
yes?
honestly?
every time?
you should do.
nobody starts the engine and watch the lights before start rolling.
if you do this, if any light goes on, if you dont know what is telling, you have to have the manual handy and learn what it means. it may save you the aggravation and lots of money !
you dont need to find yourself in the position when some light was telling you that you should do something and you didnt and then something went wrong, and you could prevent this to happen.
engineers have spent long time designing this system for your convenience. we are lucky to have them. then, take advantage of this. use it.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 05-26-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Received 887 Likes on 691 Posts
Default Re: crossfire dashboard warning lights: watch them

Originally Posted by phil alvirez
nobody presses the key, turn it to the position where the lights go on, and carefully study them all, then start the engine.
This is clearly the dumbest thing you have ever posted. The lights mean essentially nothing until the engine starts, you will have warning lights (like the 'battery' light) if the engine is not turning.
Once the engine is running, there should be no warning lights, if there are, at that point, they mean something.

Cant you find a book to read or a TV show to watch, instead of spamming this board with random crap and sixth-grade-level 'tech advice'?

The following 2 users liked this post by pizzaguy:
bluecoupe (05-26-2021), steve1189 (05-26-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 10:28 AM

thank you master for telling me in your typical way. still, i appreciate your advice. thanks.
i corrected it. i was thinking "start rolling".
of course you could send me a pm instead, but i was expecting too much.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 10-01-2021 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
This is clearly the dumbest thing you have ever posted. The lights mean essentially nothing until the engine starts, you will have warning lights (like the 'battery' light) if the engine is not turning.
Once the engine is running, there should be no warning lights, if there are, at that point, they mean something.

Cant you find a book to read or a TV show to watch, instead of spamming this board with random crap and sixth-grade-level 'tech advice'?
Your sarcastic, insensitive, undiplomatic, and rude response is unbecoming of an admin. Not everyone here is as smart & perfect as you are(sarcasm).You should be recalled! LOL. Where is the other admin. that should be censoring you for your last post. Instead, surely my post here will be removed by you instead. Or perhaps it's worthy of a ban?!

Old 05-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Your sarcastic, insensitive, undiplomatic, and rude response is unbecoming of an admin. Not everyone here is as smart & perfect as you are(sarcasm).You should be recalled! LOL. Where is the other admin. that should be censoring you for your last post. Instead, surely my post here will be removed by you instead. Or perhaps it's worthy of a ban?!
This forum is about having useful information available, when a thread starts with false information that an unknowing person might take as gospel it should be corrected.
The member in question has hopefully ended a thread on replacing the shocks on the car, There were 41 posts in it, 31 were by the originator of the thread, that maybe some dubious record. To replace a shock you take it off and replace it with an assembly of parts like the old assembly.
You can have another go at me if you like ‘cos I don’t care. I have found this forum has reached a low point and I fear it is going to get worse. I have more or less stopped adding to my ‘Index of .......’ thread as I think most answers are there, if not a search will find the answer on the forum. I have actually started to delete some which were edited out because a better answer was already there.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-26-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I did not post as an admin, but a member here. We all have opinions, and I expressed mine. If you don't like my opinion, that is on you, not me.

EDIT: And we don't ban anyone here, 'cept for spammers from India who post the usual spam and fraud links.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-26-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I ask some dumb questions often,. I think after having Covid it really fried the last brain cells I had, no ****. Honestly this is a very helpful forum and I simply could not imagine what it would be like to own a XF and not have a support network like this forum. I will go back to my brake job and shut the hell up. I joined the SLK forum yesterday and have already been kicked out! In one day mind you. On a lighter note will someone come to TN and fix my fuel door?

The following 3 users liked this post by VintageBikesUSA:
dennyandnancy (05-26-2021), KeithTexas (05-27-2021), Xfire dad (02-07-2023)
Old 05-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Administrator

I posted, five years ago, on the Ranger forums and asked a question about where to add the oil pressure sending unit. I was told to "buy the service manual and take care of this yourself".

Then why have such a forum?

Old 05-26-2021, 06:22 PM

somehow comes to mind what Dale Carnegie said:
"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic. you are dealing with creatures of emotion, bursting with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity"

Old 05-26-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by phil alvirez
somehow comes to mind what Dale Carnegie said:
"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic. you are dealing with creatures of emotion, bursting with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity"
I must be seeing things, capital letters in a post.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim HolianView Post
"Some of you guy's are really stuck on yourselves! Enough of the sarcastic crap. Those of you that think you know everything can't seem to come up with a solution. People ask questions because they are hoping that someone with some REAL intelligence can point them in the right direction. Even after all the previous post's. Maybe someone HAS found a solution recently and it hasn't been posted. Ease up with the "know it all" attitude and try to help instead of criticizing. If a question has been asked umpteen times, obviously there hasn't been a correct answer or solution found, even by the people that think they know everything about everything.
Jim Holian "

but it is in vain trying to make they reason. and they dont realize that are voluntarily exposing themselves, showing a psychological sick pattern to all.
sort of parading with a banner saying: "look, am nuts and full of hatred"

Old 05-27-2021, 10:35 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

You guys crack me up LMAO..........

Old 05-28-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
You guys crack me up LMAO..........
You sold the other car, wow.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You sold the other car, wow.
Now THAT is a ban-able offense.
He's not been to the Dragon in eons - he's on pretty thin ice here.