New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member from Arkansas

Old 12-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Member from Arkansas

Hi Folks. I bought an 05 Crossfire LTD Roadster a couple weeks ago and while searching the web I noticed this forum and was anxious to sign up. I've been a car nut for most of my 72 years and won't change as long as I can turn a wrench. I got into hot rods in the 60's and have built several "mild mannered" beaters over the years. I just finished a ground-up build of a 66 Chev C-10 Fleetside shortbed and was getting bored...UNTIL I learned of the one owner Crossfire for sale. I picked it up in west Texas and drove it back. What a blast! It's almost showroom fresh with only 26K miles. I'm sure I'll be seeking advice as I need to learn more about it. Jim

Old 12-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Received 532 Likes on 422 Posts
Default Re: New Member from Arkansas

Congrats on your recent XFire purchase and welcome to our forum!

Later,

Old 12-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum! It is to bad you didn't purchase your Crossfire sooner because we just had our National Meet ( Crossfires Across America 6 ) this past June in Eureka Springs, Ark and the surrounding area. Good Luck with your new car.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 467 Likes on 326 Posts

Welcome Jim
Lots of info is available here and I'm sure you will love the new ride

Gary

Old 12-23-2015, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Welcome to the forum! It is to bad you didn't purchase your Crossfire sooner because we just had our National Meet ( Crossfires Across America 6 ) this past June in Eureka Springs, Ark and the surrounding area. Good Luck with your new car.

I hate I didn't know of the Meet. I'd been thinking of getting a XF since about that time. Eureka Springs is lots of fun. Maybe next time.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:22 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm a hotrodder from the late 60s - early 70s and really enjoy my Crossfire. I haven't had a car this fun to drive in a very long time.

You'll find this forum is holds a wealth of information. The knowledge contained here and in its members will save countless dollars and hours should your Crossfire needs any repairs. As an example my 04 coupe had the check engine light come on last year. Armed with the error code pulled for free at a local parts store, I came to the forum where I learned it was a problem with the relay control board. If I'd taken to the dealer they would have replaced the module for $300+, but I found step-by-step instructions on how to open the module and clean one of the relay's contacts. At the same time I checked the board for cold solder joints (common problem) and resoldered the relay joints just in case. Put it all back together and problem solved. My cost = ZERO. Time = 40 minutes. Membership to this forum = Priceless.

Tom

Old 12-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Jim!

Old 12-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome from Wilmington NC. I too am relatively new to the forum. Great source of information and service tips. Can't say I've contributed much, but it is a great group.
I also tinkered with 'rodding', had several fast Fords in the 50's and 60's, none were as much fun as my 05 Xfire Roadster.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by astrnmrtom
. My cost = ZERO. Time = 40 minutes. Membership to this forum = Priceless.

Tom
Yes, welcome! And that quote sums up this forum very well. The weekend before I bought my Crossfire this summer, I read through ALL of the stickies, and a lot more. I highly recommend reading all of the suggested threads.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Yes, welcome! And that quote sums up this forum very well. The weekend before I bought my Crossfire this summer, I read through ALL of the stickies, and a lot more. I highly recommend reading all of the suggested threads.

Good advice...I've been working my way thru the forum and really enjoying it.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!