Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by PNA
Great. Ok need a complete head count. Wives? Girlfriends? Others. As it is now, with just our expected COM members we are at 8. I can give them a tentative number of 12 to start with. Kathy may come so that would leave 3 more. If we think well get more I will up it.

Update. I have a reservation for 12 for now. She said we could up it if necessary

Count me as 2, Gerrie will be there.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
Great. Ok need a complete head count. Wives? Girlfriends? Others. As it is now, with just our expected COM members we are at 8. I can give them a tentative number of 12 to start with. Kathy may come so that would leave 3 more. If we think well get more I will up it.

Update. I have a reservation for 12 for now. She said we could up it if necessary
Jason +1

remember to reserve a couple of seats extra for people that might not chime in, and so we can have some extra elbow room.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Good Paul, what time is the reservation set for?
Chas + Alesha

Old 08-30-2014, 07:46 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=ichon;809996]Good Paul, what time is the reservation set forfo?/QUOTE]

I've got it set for 2 pm. So far we have at least 12. I'll up the number ro 16.
Thanks guys.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=PNA;810072]
Originally Posted by ichon
Good Paul, what time is the reservation set forfo?/QUOTE]

I've got it set for 2 pm. So far we have at least 12. I'll up the number ro 16.
Thanks guys.
Just catching up...wow, didn't mean to turn the world upside down by my comment. So it's the Tavern now on the 14th at 2...right? So count me in still, just to confirm.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=stelmos;810331]
Originally Posted by PNA

Just catching up...wow, didn't mean to turn the world upside down by my comment. So it's the Tavern now on the 14th at 2...right? So count me in still, just to confirm.
No worries about the location change. This will allow people the option of surf or turf. Also maybe a new spot will bring in new people.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:49 PM
PNA

Reminder to COM Members, Guests and Others: GTG Sunday Sept 14. Event will be at McFalls Iron Horse Tavern in Parkville Maryland. Time is 2 PM. I look forward to seeing everyone. Any newbies out there are welcome to Join. RSVP if you are coming.

McFaul's IronHorse Tavern | 2260 Cromwell Bridge Road

2260 Cromwell Bridge Rd, Parkville, MD 21234 · (410) 828-1625

Looks like we have 14 people so far:

Paul and Kathy
Dave and Gerrie
Jason and Erin
Chas and Alicia
Pat and Micky (?)
Wyatt and ?????
James
David E.

Have I missed anyone?

Old 09-09-2014, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by PNA
Reminder to COM Members, Guests and Others: GTG Sunday Sept 14. Event will be at McFalls Iron Horse Tavern in Parkville Maryland. Time is 2 PM. I look forward to seeing everyone. Any newbies out there are welcome to Join. RSVP if you are coming.

McFaul's IronHorse Tavern | 2260 Cromwell Bridge Road

2260 Cromwell Bridge Rd, Parkville, MD 21234 · (410) 828-1625

Looks like we have 14 people so far:

Paul and Kathy
Dave and Gerrie
Jason and Erin
Chas and Alesha
Pat and Micky (?)
Wyatt and Patty
James
David E.

Have I missed anyone?
Edited the nameplates above and provided a suggestion/option for Wyatt.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Forum Regular

The get together was nice yesteday. It was nice to see everyone and spend some time chatting. David, sorry you needed to leave. Hope you feel better.
Up next for the club is the Ridgely Car show, Sunday october 19, 9am-4pm. This will likely be the last time the current group put on this show. Many of these people are personal friends of many of us, and have shown great support to our show the past two years. Please post your plans for the show. Some people are staying saturday night in the Ridgley area, and some will be traveling a different direction to avoid the bridge, so we need to set a meeting spot with the group that are crossing the bridge sunday morning. We will meet at the WaWa prior to the bay bridge like we have used in the past. I'll post WaWa meeting formation soon.

For those who were not at the dinner yesterday, I am in the process of selling my crossfire. I don't know how soon this will happen, I'm thinking it will be the spring when I'm ready to activily sell the car. I still plan on being an active part of COM (unless the board tells me to leave), but since i will eventually not have a crossfire I cannot continue being the active "face" of the club. With this in mind I open discussion as to who will be the next club president. COM has built several relationships both locally and nationally during the past three years that will have to be kept up and grown apon. The president will need to be able to be available to attend events, display the banner, and be vocal while at the event to build and gain frendships with the other clubs to build COM. I did try to attend a car show every week in some form or another, and while the new president might not be able to do that, they do need to be able to attend one event a month, sometimes two. They need to be able to work with and at times butt heads with CICCI in order to help grow both COM and CICCI. Like i had mentioned i'll still be active with COM and the other clubs i belong to, but there is now a need for a new face of the club to contine building COM, and grow it in ways I could not. I'll still hang out and park with you guys at the car shows, I'll still bring the canopy so we all have shade, the only difference is the hood of my car will no longer stand at 90 degrees.

Last edited by chisler29; 09-15-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
The get together was nice yesteday. It was nice to see everyone and spend some time chatting. David, sorry you needed to leave. Hope you feel better.
Up next for the club is the Ridgely Car show, Sunday october 19, 9am-4pm. This will likely be the last time the current group put on this show. Many of these people are personal friends of many of us, and have shown great support to our show the past two years. Please post your plans for the show. Some people are staying saturday night in the Ridgley area, and some will be traveling a different direction to avoid the bridge, so we need to set a meeting spot with the group that are crossing the bridge sunday morning. We will meet at the WaWa prior to the bay bridge like we have used in the past. I'll post WaWa meeting formation soon.

For those who were not at the dinner yesterday, I am in the process of selling my crossfire. I don't know how soon this will happen, I'm thinking it will be the spring when I'm ready to activily sell the car. I still plan on being an active part of COM (unless the board tells me to leave), but since i will eventually not have a crossfire I cannot continue being the active "face" of the club. With this in mind I open discussion as to who will be the next club president. COM has built several relationships both locally and nationally during the past three years that will have to be kept up and grown apon. The president will need to be able to be available to attend events, display the banner, and be vocal while at the event to build and gain frendships with the other clubs to build COM. I did try to attend a car show every week in some form or another, and while the new president might not be able to do that, they do need to be able to attend one event a month, sometimes two. They need to be able to work with and at times butt heads with CICCI in order to help grow both COM and CICCI. Like i had mentioned i'll still be active with COM and the other clubs i belong to, but there is now a need for a new face of the club to contine building COM, and grow it in ways I could not. I'll still hang out and park with you guys at the car shows, I'll still bring the canopy so we all have shade, the only difference is the hood of my car will no longer stand at 90 degrees.

Since just about everybody that shows up at our events are already a board member I nominate Chas as new president.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Since just about everybody that shows up at our events are already a board member I nominate Chas as new president.

Thanks for the nomination Dave but according to the By-Laws of CICCI I am unable to preside over a Regional Group. That being said, as an Advisor for COM, I would suggest that Paul, current Vice-President, ascend to the position of President and continue the great representation of COM in the region that Jason exhibited. I also suggest that David E. assume the position of VP.

Last edited by ichon; 09-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Jason, your 90 degrees will be missed (hopefully for only a short time wink wink) and thank you so much for the time, consideration and efforts you have put forth to represent the Chrysler Crossfire and Crossfires of Maryland. I suggest you nominate a successor.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular

Jason, your 90 degrees will be missed (hopefully for only a short time wink wink) and thank you so much for the time, consideration and efforts you have put forth to represent the Chrysler Crossfire and Crossfires of Maryland. I suggest you nominate a successor.

Thank you for the kind words. Again, im not going to dissapear from the group. I have made too many good friends to let the fact that i will be driving a fish or fury instead of a fire keep me from hanging out with you guys. I'll still be at the shows with you guys, ill still go to the events, i'll still help with the show and be part of the club, ill just have a different car.

As far as the next club president, Paul is the logical choice, but his schedule hasnt allowed him to be at all the needed shows/events. David E has been at alot of events and has come up with good ideas for the club to do, he would make a good president should Paul wish to stay as VP. Dave B would also make a good president, but that would require two positions being filled, and a change in the club's IRS information. There is time for the current board members to decide if they can commit to the role.

Last edited by chisler29; 09-30-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 AM
PNA

Thank you for the kind words. Again, im not going to dissapear from the group. I have made too many good friends to let the fact that i will be driving a fish or fury instead of a fire keep me from hanging out with you guys. I'll still be at the shows with you guys, ill still go to the events, i'll still help with the show and be part of the club, ill just have a different car.

As far as the next club president, Paul is the logical choice, but his schedule hasnt allowed him to be at all the needed shows/events. David E has been at alot of events and has come up with good ideas for the club to do, he would make a good president should Paul wish to stay as VP. Dave E would also make a good president, but that would require two positions being filled, and a change in the club's IRS information. There is time for the current board members to decide if they can commit to the role.
Jason, I too want to thank you for your energy, time and enthusiam to lead the club. You'll be missed as our president but as you noted, you'll still be around, which is great news for all of us.

As far as your successor, any of the guys would be great candidates. My focus will likely continue to be on our show, with ideas, action and implementiaton at the top of my list (with a call for help next year). While I do a lot to connect, promote and engage with others about our club, the "show" scene isn't my thing. I enjoy a couple key shows or events with you guys but I've found many of them to require too much time investment that frankly I don't have, with little or no return on that investment for our club. Theire are a couple shows I'll go to becasue they seem to care and receprocate, but the others don't. I know you believe that attendance at all these shows is important, and while I know they have some intrinsic value for other reasons, they are limited to our club in many ways because there are so many shows it's impossible for a band of 6 to cover them like other clubs can cover them.

So, with that said, I'll leave it to the other guys to chime in about their interest to take the helm. Anyone of them would do a great job. We've tried hard for 3 years to get others to band with us from the small commuity of Crossfires and we remain the same number / size as we did back then. There are a few others which love and care about the car, but don't get involved in the club. Beyond that, it's just a car for all the others out there. I'm OK with that, because the few of us that care are doing some good with our efforts, and having some fun and extending our friendships even further.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Forum Regular

Time to start planning the schedule for october.

Ridgley MD October 19 9am-4pm. Who is planning on attending, who will drive across the bridge that morning, and who will spend the night on that side of the bay?

Also there has been interest in a halloween themed show. the biggest and the best in the area is the Kent island cruisers halloween show. ive heard that in the past there are several hundred cars, most are decorated, there will be vendors, swap meet items and lots of fall themed food. Check your schedules and lets plan on attending. It's open to all cars.

Kent Island Cruisers Halloween Car Show Oct 25 10-3 Held at the KIVFD Firehouse 1610 Main St. Chester, Md. 21619 $10 Reg fee (W. Shore folks get $2 rebate for bridge) bchevy7@yahoo.com

http://www.kentisland.cc/kicevents.pdf

Old 09-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular

Ridgley MD October 19 9am-4pm. Who is planning on attending, who will drive across the bridge that morning, and who will spend the night on that side of the bay?

Also there has been interest in a halloween themed show. the biggest and the best in the area is the Kent island cruisers halloween show. ive heard that in the past there are several hundred cars, most are decorated, there will be vendors, swap meet items and lots of fall themed food. Check your schedules and lets plan on attending. It's open to all cars.

Kent Island Cruisers Halloween Car Show Oct 25 10-3 Held at the KIVFD Firehouse 1610 Main St. Chester, Md. 21619 $10 Reg fee (W. Shore folks get $2 rebate for bridge) bchevy7@yahoo.com

I will not be at Ridgley sorry guys good luck.
I may do the Oct 25th @ Kent Island need to check calendar.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:21 PM
PNA

As of now, I'm in for Ridgely. I do have some other family obligations but I'm looking to rearrange things so I can attend. As far as when I'm going, if people are planning on going the night before, let me know and I'll see if I can make that work as well. If not, I'll likely just try and hitch up and fly accross the bridge with others. If things can't get worked out, I'll let you know.

WRT the Oct 25 show, I'm not going to make that one.

Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular

I will drive to Ridgley the morning of the show. It takes an hour to get from the WaWa station prior to the bridge to Ridgley. The show starts at 9am. I think in the past we have planned to leave WaWa between 7 and 730am. Thoughts?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:00 PM

I will drive to Ridgley the morning of the show. It takes an hour to get from the WaWa station prior to the bridge to Ridgley. The show starts at 9am. I think in the past we have planned to leave WaWa between 7 and 730am. Thoughts?

I'll meet you at the WaWa at 730am (hopefully).

Old 10-01-2014, 06:08 PM
PNA

I'll meet you at the WaWa at 730am (hopefully).
Me too (hopefully)

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)