Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

BAS ESP/ ABS/ E Brake/ Brake wear indicator light all on

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS ESP/ ABS/ E Brake/ Brake wear indicator light all on

Recently like as in a couple days recent, upon cold starts and even sometimes when I'm driving the speedometer and odometer stops working the spoiler deploys (regardless of speed and won't let me lower it back down) and the bas esp , abs , brake wear indicator & brake light all turn on. Not too sure why but so far the only correlation I've found is that like I said upon cold starts it happens.

went out and bought a voltage meter to test the battery.

My first test was after I had already warmed the car up (I had to drive to the store to get the multimeter) and of course before I left out to go get it all the lights were came on during the initial cold start.

results:
Engine not running ~ 12.90 volts
Engine not running w/ lights on ~ 12.4 volts
Engine running ~ 14.02 volts
engine running with lights on 13.9 volts

P.s. I'll also make note that my car doesn't drive any differently because of any of this (besides not having abs and traction control) it drives literally no different.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Default Re: BAS ESP/ ABS/ E Brake/ Brake wear indicator light all on

Originally Posted by Space coupe
Recently like as in a couple days recent, upon cold starts and even sometimes when I'm driving the speedometer and odometer stops working the spoiler deploys (regardless of speed and won't let me lower it back down) and the bas esp , abs , brake wear indicator & brake light all turn on. Not too sure why but so far the only correlation I've found is that like I said upon cold starts it happens.

My first test was after I had already warmed the car up (I had to drive to the store to get the multimeter) and of course before I left out to go get it all the lights were came on during the initial cold start.

results:

P.s. I'll also make note that my car doesn't drive any differently because of any of this (besides not having abs and traction control) it drives literally no different.

So I'm pretty sure that's where the grounding screw is the pizzaguy referred me to another thread talking about what seems to be grounding the battery to engine lock

Old 08-23-2018, 07:40 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Traction control relay in the relay control module (RCM) has been known to cause those exact symptoms.
Open the RCM and check that the relay is closing. Bet it isn't.
Email me to get the relay replaced.

tighed1@hotmail.com

Old 08-23-2018, 09:35 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: BAS ESP/ ABS/ E Brake/ Brake wear indicator light all on

Would the rcm also cause the BAS light to become intermittant??? I have been chasing that and its on and off without apparent cause. Thanks Woody

Old 08-23-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Traction control relay in the relay control module (RCM) has been known to cause those exact symptoms.
Open the RCM and check that the relay is closing. Bet it isn't.
Email me to get the relay replaced.

tighed1@hotmail.com

hey i I sent you an email let me know if you got it or not

Old 08-23-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
Would the rcm also cause the BAS light to become intermittant??? I have been chasing that and its on and off without apparent cause. Thanks Woody

i would think so because the traction control system (esp) is linked to the bas system .. I believe

Old 08-25-2018, 01:55 AM

The correlations I'm finding are just as weird as these symptoms ..

so it seems as though the malfunction likes to happen on cold starts while actually being cold/chilly outside at night or early mornings.. Other than that car runs perfectly fine no malfunction lights or anything else acting quirky

Old 08-26-2018, 07:06 PM

following this message as i have an intermitant Bas light as well that will cut the SC on my srt6

Old 08-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Easy to check if it's the RCM.
Remove the RCM.
Remove the cover (video on YouTube shows how, How to open RCM Crossfire.)
Reinstall RCM and position it so you can see the relays.
Start car.
Check that the 3 inner relays are engaged.
If not, you haz a problem!

Email me tighed1@hotmail for repair info.
:-)

Old 09-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Sorry for the late response..

UPDATE: So the correlation (somewhat) is that when the car is warmed up everything works fine *most of the time* ( no abs / bas esp hand brake or brake wear indicator light and the speedometer giving me a reading) So I decided to check on those solenoids like you said the middle 3 are engaging fine it's the outer 2 that won't engage in not sure what do or control but they won't engadge I've checked them while the car was malfunctioning and while it was working properly, no change so far.

I dont wanna take it to auto shop or dealer to get it looked at but at the same time it needs to get fixed

Idk how clear it is but the middle 3 are closed and the car is running

Running fine with the 3 solenoids engaged and outer 2 disengadged... Don't mind the gas light

Battery out putting 12.9 ~ 13 volts while not running

Old 04-06-2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Space coupe

results:

ANSWER: ABS MODULE NEEDED TO BE SWAPPED pn 1935450132
Scanner used: iCarsoft i980

To finally end of the crazy rabbit hole chase this was of a fix, She finally works. The problem was because of dirty grounds, loose wires & ABS module. If anyone encounters this same issue I would suggest diagnosing in the order of (1) Dianostics Test (P0600, P0500, B/P1040, C/P1141 (2) Checking the RCM [traction control module ***D.j. Tighe knows all***] (3) Check wheel speed sensors (4) Perform a pin-out test on the CAN C BUS (5) replace ABS module (Could also be the, SLA (shift Lever assembly), SKREEM (Sentry Key Remote Entry Module), TCM (Transmission Control Module), ICM (Instrument Cluster Module), ECU/PCM (Power Train Control Module).

Changing the RCM/K40 typically fixes this issue for most people, but in my case my car consistently kept setting the P0600 code only and that's a general DTC for a CAN C BUS communication error. I Took it a step further and rewired the CAN C Bus which may or may not have been necessary but the test results were showing that i had faulty wiring going to the ABS module so I re wired the entire CAN C BUS System.

After you Install any used parts be sure to clear the codes, otherwise the ecu won't take the any of the freshly installed modules. Even if it doesn't have stored codes STILL CLEAR THEM.

I have pictures and videos of everything and shop manual section references if anyone needs them, just pm me.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:05 AM

interesting, wonder if this is what's happening with my srt6. after about 45 min of driving the esp, has light comes on and the supercharger no longer engages. ( I assume its not engaging because of the eps light coming on) but have done all the normal stuff, pump, intake air temp, rcm, burped the fluid, looked for leaking intercooler.)

Old 04-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Joef89
interesting, wonder if this is what's happening with my srt6. after about 45 min of driving the esp, has light comes on and the supercharger no longer engages. ( I assume its not engaging because of the eps light coming on) but have done all the normal stuff, pump, intake air temp, rcm, burped the fluid, looked for leaking intercooler.)
And if thats the case I'll strongly suggest swapping the ABS Module or at the very least get yourself a iCarsoft i980 and see what codes the ABS module is throwing. In the scanner it will show up as 2 different modules and neither one will say ABS, one will say ESP (which as abs and traction control) and the other will say BAS. If you need a copy of the shop manual I'll be more than happy to send it over.

What other symptoms are you having ? Does it also seem to fault when it's raining or on cold starts ?

Old 04-07-2020, 02:28 PM

I have an autel maxiDiag MD808, ill see if im getting any new codes as its been a while. but when it comes on if I cycle the key it stays off for a little while. Not as long as when you first start the car from a cold start. but right before the light comes on you will feel the car loose power then the bas esp light illuminates and that's it no more supercharger.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:42 PM

I have an autel maxiDiag MD808, ill see if im getting any new codes as its been a while. but when it comes on if I cycle the key it stays off for a little while. Not as long as when you first start the car from a cold start. but right before the light comes on you will feel the car loose power then the bas esp light illuminates and that's it no more supercharger.
Sounds just like my situation, not sure if the autel lets you see the abs module or not but you'll need access to all 6 modules connected to the CAN C bus network, (1) Shift Lever (2) Transmission Module (3) SKREEM (4) Instrument CLuster (5) CAB/ABS module (6) ECU/PCM

Old 05-11-2020, 02:48 PM

is it only the BAS light coming on ?

Old 05-12-2020, 09:20 AM

BAS ESP light that's it.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts

When my BAS/ESP light comes on I just start the car and turn the steering all of the way to the right, all of the way to the left and back to center. I turn it off for a minute and when I restart it the light is off.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:22 PM

Yea, unfortunately, that's, not the issue at hand as we have tried it several times. I'm going to swap out the clocking spring here soon, she just informed me that her cruise control has quit working so going to swap the clocking spring and SAS sensor to see if that fixes anything.