Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

DRB III Emulator?

Old 11-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRB III Emulator?

Was reading online about the diagnostics of our fine vehicles and bumbed into a blog post stating a working emulator for Crossfire:
http://blog.obdii365.com/2017/12/02/set-up-witech-micropod-2-with-drb-emulation/
and
http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/06/16/install-drbiii-emulator-for-micropod-2-on-windows-7/

My XFire is 2005 and european, so it definately is RDB III, was just wondering can someone verify the possibility of this being legit or have I misunderstood something ?

Old 04-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: DRB III Emulator?

Originally Posted by Xtreme
Was reading online about the diagnostics of our fine vehicles and bumbed into a blog post stating a working emulator for Crossfire:
How to Set up wiTech Micropod 2 with DRB III Emulation | OBDII365.com Official Blog
and
How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog

My XFire is 2005 and european, so it definately is RDB III, was just wondering can someone verify the possibility of this being legit or have I misunderstood something ?
Yes, I have purchased and used this product on 2005 srt6 coupe and 2007 ltd roadster (us versions). It takes some work to get the software set up. But once you do, it works fine. This Micropod 2 Clone works with the Enhanced DRB 3 Emulator. Cost is about $170 (plus win 7 or XP laptop).

Old 08-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by John&Terry
Yes, I have purchased and used this product on 2005 srt6 coupe and 2007 ltd roadster (us versions). It takes some work to get the software set up. But once you do, it works fine. This Micropod 2 Clone works with the Enhanced DRB 3 Emulator. Cost is about $170 (plus win 7 or XP laptop).
Learned today that both local CDJR dealers in my area got rid of all their DRBIII software & scanners. So what exactly do I need to purchase to have the Enhanced DRB 3 Emulator up & running? Need to get the 2 new TPMS wheels sensors (installed on Driver-Side) communicating with TPMS Module & turn of the TPMS warning light.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-30-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 PM

You will need this:
1) Good computer knowledge
2) A laptop with a clean Windows XP or Windows 7 installation on it. Nothing else. Networking and Updating turned off.
3) A Micropod 2 Clone V17.04.27 wiTech MicroPod 2 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Programming Tool Multi-language
4) Follow these instructions How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog
5) A TPMS tool to "chirp" the sensors so the vehicle can read them (I use the Autel TS601)
6) Perform a TPMS Relearn sequence using DRB III Emulator. Chirp each wheel when requested by the emulator. (Takes about 5 minutes)

Old 08-30-2019, 12:15 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

You will need this:
2) A laptop with a clean Windows XP or Windows 7 installation on it. Nothing else. Networking and Updating turned off.
3) A Micropod 2 Clone V17.04.27 wiTech MicroPod 2 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Programming Tool Multi-language
4) Follow these instructions How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog
5) A TPMS tool to "chirp" the sensors so the vehicle can read them (I use the Autel TS601)
6) Perform a TPMS Relearn sequence using DRB III Emulator. Chirp each wheel when requested by the emulator. (Takes about 5 minutes)
I read the instructions and ended up more and more confused as I read.☹️
I have found nowhere an explanation of what it can do, I assume it can cancel error codes but what else?
Do you know if this can bleed the ABS unit, thanks in advance for any reply.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:49 PM

I have only used the emulator to perform a TPMS Relearn (2005 SRT6) and diagnose a defective air bag control module (2007 Roadster). I have tested some other diagnostic functions, but I am not very familiar with its additional capabilities. I think it will perform many other DRB III functions.

Attached is a DRB III manual. If you can please select a function for me to test, I will attempt to see if the emulator can perform it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DRB_3_Features_Menus.pdf (644.0 KB, 165 views)
Old 08-30-2019, 02:07 PM

I have only used the emulator to perform a TPMS Relearn (2005 SRT6) and diagnose a defective air bag control module (2007 Roadster). I have tested some other diagnostic functions, but I am not very familiar with its additional capabilities. I think it will perform many other DRB III functions.

Attached is a DRB III manual. If you can please select a function for me to test, I will attempt to see if the emulator can perform it.
It mentions Bleed brakes on page 90 of 140, does that work and does it include the ABS bleed?
Somewhere in the write-ups, it says that Win 7 Professional works and XP does not, maybe it was Rudy who said it.
Thanks again for any help on this problem.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-30-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Win 7 Professional note added
Old 08-30-2019, 02:13 PM

I will connect the DRB III Emulator to the vehicle (2005 Aeroblue SRT6 Coupe), and attempt to perform that function, or at least see if it can be performed. It may take me awhile to do this, as I have some other tasks I need to attend to right now.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:08 PM

You will need this:
Turns out I have a couple of older laptops that have Windows 7 or XP installed. Gotta boot them up (& charge the batteries) to check them out.

Thanks

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-26-2021 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Turns out I have a couple of older laptops that have WIndows 7 or XP installed. Gotta boot them up (& charge the batteries) to check them out.

Thanks
Any of those laptops should work fine. I am using Windows 7 installed on a used laptop I got on ebay for about $100.

If you purchase the Micropod 2 unit and need some assistance, or have some questions, I will be happy to try my best to help. I am however not an expert. I am just a Crossfire owner who is unhappy with my dealers (lack of) service. They charged me $75 to say they couldn't relearn my TPMS, and then estimated an additional $300 (parts only) to replace a TPMS module that I didn't need. It felt good to be able to do the work myself, and not have to depend on them. That alone was worth the money I spent.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Turns out I have a couple of older laptops that have WIndows 7 or XP installed. Gotta boot them up (& charge the batteries) to check them out.

Thanks
Win 7 recommended and some say Win 7 Professional, and some say XP, confusing or what?
I have Win 7 Pro but no laptop.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Win 7 recommended and some say Win 7 Professional, and some say XP, confusing or what?
Yes, it is confusing. And I wish it wasn't that way. And I also didn't find the manufacturer's customer service representatives to be very helpful (email only). There is a one day delay between here and China to get a response. They said only windows XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) would work.

My eBay laptop came with a Solid State Drive with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) installed. Turns out my laptop with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) works just fine. I did have to do a little tweaking, which I am not sure I would have had to do if I was using windows XP or Win 7(32 bit).

I am still working on my other project, but I will try to provide an answer to your previous ABS brake bleeding question as soon as I can (probably tomorrow).

Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

180 - Is this the answer to what you were talking about in your other post about bleeding the ABS system? I'm not a computer whiz but if this works out for you could you let us know, in everyday language, what we will have to do to bleed the ABS system. Just a suggestion but could your info also go on your original post from the other day?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
180 - Is this the answer to what you were talking about in your other post about bleeding the ABS system? I'm not a computer whiz but if this works out for you could you let us know, in everyday language, what we will have to do to bleed the ABS system. Just a suggestion but could your info also go on your original post from the other day?

Thanks,

Jim
Yes, this is me wondering if this emulator could do the ABS bleeding easily.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:35 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Dave, I have a laptop with Win 7 available for you to use.

Old 08-31-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Dave, I have a laptop with Win 7 available for you to use.
That is great if I ever get that far, thanks.
The instructions say that there should be no other program on the computer, that may be a problem.

Old 08-31-2019, 03:05 PM

It mentions Bleed brakes on page 90 of 140, does that work and does it include the ABS bleed?
Somewhere in the write-ups, it says that Win 7 Professional works and XP does not, maybe it was Rudy who said it.
Thanks again for any help on this problem.
Unfortunately, I can not find any option to bleed the brakes in the ABS section of the DRB III emulator.

Page 90 references the ABS (Section 11) in the DRB III Manual, page 11.2. I ran the emulator on my 2005 SRT6 Coupe today and tested the ABS function. Attached is a printout of all the ABS functions and the options for testing and diagnostics under each of those functions. Unfortunately, I did not find any option to bleed the brakes. Page 90 of the manual indicates Brake Bleeding is located in the ABS Section under Miscellaneous Functions. However, when running the emulator in Crossfire mode only the following options are listed under Miscellaneous Functions: 1) Erase Zero PT-Offset Error, 2) Relearn Steering Angle.
[img]file:///C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image002.jpg[/img]

Using DRB III Emulator with Chrysler Crossfire Options available under ABS - Miscellaneous Functions

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DRB III ABS.pdf (1.11 MB, 39 views)
Old 08-31-2019, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=John&Terry;928746]Unfortunately, I can not find any option to bleed the brakes in the ABS section of the DRB III emulator.

Page 90 references the ABS (Section 11) in the DRB III Manual, page 11.2. I ran the emulator on my 2005 SRT6 Coupe today and tested the ABS function. Attached is a printout of all the ABS functions and the options for testing and diagnostics under each of those functions. Unfortunately, I did not find any option to bleed the brakes. Page 90 of the manual indicates Brake Bleeding is located in the ABS Section under Miscellaneous Functions. However, when running the emulator in Crossfire mode only the following options are listed under Miscellaneous Functions: 1) Erase Zero PT-Offset Error, 2) Relearn Steering Angle.
[img]file:///C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image002.jpg

Using DRB III Emulator with Chrysler Crossfire Options available under ABS - Miscellaneous Functions[/QUOTE)
Thanks for the effort, now we know that is not the answer.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You will need this:
John&Terry, I wanted to thank you for this post. It gave me the confidence to buy the emulator and Micropod 2 from OBDII365.com to get my XF to "relearn" my new sensors. As discussed, there are varied and confusing instructions. However, I followed this guy's instructions and it worked perfectly: How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog.
In fact, I did not need to buy the "TPMS tool" to trigger the sensors. I went back to Discount Tire, who installed the new Dill sensors and they were happy to do it for me while ran the DRB III emulator to trigger the learning sequence. I happily drove home with no TPMS light - first time since I bought it from the original owner earlier this year!

Art

Last edited by ArtS; 12-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ArtS:
John&Terry (07-15-2020), KDW4Him (09-07-2020), redsnake (11-25-2023)
Old 10-28-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ArtS
John&Terry, I wanted to thank you for this post. It gave me the confidence to buy the emulator and Micropod 2 from OBDII365.com to get my XF to "relearn" my new sensors. As discussed, there are varied and confusing instructions. However, I followed this guy's instructions and it worked perfectly: How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog.
In fact, I did not need to buy the "TPMS tool" to trigger the sensors. I went back to Discount Tire, who installed the new Dill sensors and they were happy to do it for me while ran the ODB II emulator to trigger the learning sequence. I happily drove home with no TPMS light - first time since I bought it from the original owner earlier this year!

Art
I gotta remember this approach. Discount Tire did the install of both TPMS sensors on the Driver's Side of my coupe. What device did you load the software on?

Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: DRB III Emulator?