Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Mystery no start issue

Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Mystery no start issue

You will also save some money if you read this ENTIRE thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...fire-keys.html

Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CrossFireBaby
JUST FOUND THIS ARTICLE> So, I'm guessing the transponder in the key is shot. and my kill switch activated. I'll get a new key, but I assume the dealer has to undo the Kill Switch???? Again, if you know of a XFire expert in Tampa region...??

How to take apart a Crossfire key fob....
Wow, I just now saw this post.

I know nothing of the "kill switch". Maybe someone else will chime in - but it looks to me like you need a new key. I'd order two!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Is it possible that after the switch is taken apart that the car has to relearn the code. That would require a reset of the key just as if you had a new key.
There is a thread here somewhere.
On second thoughts - I guess not.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-05-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My primary key for the last 3 years started acting funny and I had to get closer and closer to the car to get it to work remotely... then a few weeks ago I decided to put in a new battery... now it does not work remotely at all.... manually it works fine and still starts the car perfectly... it is like the buttons quit working...(I know the panic button dosent work cause the middle fell out months ago)... I tried the re-programming sequence but still no remote.... so it is now my back up...

I still think there is a problem with your ingnition/transponder.....

Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys...yes, I believe it is the transponder. I'm ordering a key tonight and hoping that will get it started. Problem is, it will take two weeks to get. I appreciate everyone's help on this. I'll keep you posted...

Old 07-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by CrossFireBaby
Hi Guys...yes, I believe it is the transponder. I'm ordering a key tonight and hoping that will get it started. Problem is, it will take two weeks to get. I appreciate everyone's help on this. I'll keep you posted...
OK, let's hope it works.
There are a few lessons to be learned here.
1, Do not let your sons friend touch the car.
2, Tell all the details in the first post.
3, Do not let the dealership charge you to program the key, you can do it for nothing.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post146279
4, Read this post and see if you recognize inside the fob, do you have the transponder or is it lost?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/22470-how-take-apart-key-fob-without-destroying.html

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-05-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onehundred80
4, Read this post and see if you recognize inside the fob, do you have the transponder or is it lost?
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/22470-how-take-apart-key-fob-without-destroying.html

WOW! Good thread.

The transponder is a TINY thing... but important.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Tom will do house calls for food.....lol...

Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM

: ( Got the new key from remotesandkeys.com I programmed it, so it locks and unlocks the doors, so on. But, it still won't start. The lights are coming on for the dash. At this point, I don't know. Could the security system still be locked down? So, I guess I have to tow her to the dealer, which scares the crap out of me wondering if they are going to start randomly wanting to throw things at it.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM

My issue solved with no dealership.
The programmed key worked that I ordered from remotes&keys, just had to program the locks, lights. It didn't start, because the battery was low sitting for two weeks. Tow truck jumped it and off I went to Autozone for a new battery. Thanks Forum Members

Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM

I replaced the fuel pump on my 04... after the dealership wanted almost 1000$ to do it..also replaced the filter...still no fire up..replaced the c.p.s and fixed the rcm.....cranks but no start....any other options????

Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 PM

My problem was the key. It was shot and torn apart. I ordered a new key, and it didn't start right away, but that's because the battery sat and was getting older anyway. We jump started the car with the new key. Once I replaced the battery, the new key started right away. We've had no problems since. Is your key damaged?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Angry Re: Mystery no start issue

Not sure its got 105k miles on lol.....the red light still works and it will unlock the car with the remote......as far as the car battery I'm thinking it the original one that it came out with....

Old 08-26-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by speedone
Not sure its got 105k miles on lol.....the red light still works and it will unlock the car with the remote......as far as the car battery I'm thinking it the original one that it came out with....
You have made four posts the first one said you had problems with the car, but you have not told us what that problem was.
I suggest you start at the beginning as we do not know the whole story.
How did the dealer decide it was the fuel pump and did you drive the car to the dealership?
Please, the whole story.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:57 PM

Double post.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 AM

About a month ago I left work. Drove about half a block and it started sputtering out. It made it back a half block to work. Would idle but would cough and sputter and no pick up rpm's. I shut it off and waited a few min to restart... it would crank over but not start. Had it taken to chrysler. Got a call the next day with them saying its. Sthe fuel pump and it would be almost 1000$ bucks. I bought the pump and filter and did it myself. Turned the key on and I can hear the pump working. Checked the fuel rail and I have fuel coming out. Still no start. So I replaced the cps... cranks fine but still no fire up. Also fixed the rcm......

Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 AM

About a month ago I left work. Drove about half a block and it started sputtering out. It made it back a half block to work. Would idle but would cough and sputter and no pick up rpm's. I shut it off and waited a few min to restart... it would crank over but not start. Had it taken to chrysler. Got a call the next day with them saying its. Sthe fuel pump and it would be almost 1000$ bucks. I bought the pump and filter and did it myself. Turned the key on and I can hear the pump working. Checked the fuel rail and I have fuel coming out. Still no start. So I replaced the cps... cranks fine but still no fire up. Also fixed the rcm......
Start a new thread as everyone is tired of this one.
Have you checked to see if there is a spark at the plugs?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 AM

I did its called new parts no change......

Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Guys, I'm stuck (literally in my driveway) and need some help! I've got the same issue-turns over three times, begins to fire, then dies. After that, nothing when I turn the key unless I disconnect the battery and/or wait a while, then the same thing. I've read the entire thread here, plus anything else I can find on the site. I've re-soldered the relays (or, rather, a pro did), checked the battery for full charge, tried both key fobs, and nothing helps. Could it be the transponder ring itself, and is there a test for it? Is there anything I'm missing or something else I can try? I'm out of ideas, myself, and about to give it over to the stealership.
Thanks.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

Sometimes even the "pros"' do not get it right. Second time failure after fixing this part has been reported and seems to be an issue. KISS this issue; the transponder ring is a real job.

My Suggestion. Buy a new part and send the old one to the Xfire guy in Sierra Vista, AZ who repairs them. You will then have a good spare. Sorry I forgot his name but it is in this thread.

Joe

Quick Reply: Mystery no start issue