Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

How can I disable the TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Old 08-23-2022, 04:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: How can I disable the TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Sounds like you have given your awl but still come up short. At the bottom of the rectangular slots in the side is a little tang on the contact that springs into that slot when it reaches it when the contact is pushed in. All you have to do is push the tang so that it is in as far as it will go while pulling on the wire, it is best done if you can rest the plug against the housing as you do not what to slip and only succeed in pulling the screwdriver out of your hand.
If this fails cut the wire 2” or so from the plug and tape the ends of. Maybe the next owner can fix it correctly or ignore it.
Good luck.

Thanks... I'll give it one last shot with your advice...with a major problem being that my 60 year old eyes are bugging out of my head and I can barely see this stuff, even with a magnifying glass.
If I can't get it, the wire shall be cut as I use a wide range of four letter words upon it.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:24 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck62
Thanks... I'll give it one last shot with your advice...with a major problem being that my 60 year old eyes are bugging out of my head and I can barely see this stuff, even with a magnifying glass.
If I can't get it, the wire shall be cut as I use a wide range of four letter words upon it.
I don't have that excuse anymore, I had my cataracts fixed 30 months ago and had them tuned up with a laser yesterday, I have eyes like a hawk now.

The following users liked this post:
Buck62 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 132 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't have that excuse anymore, I had my cataracts fixed 30 months ago and had them tuned up with a laser yesterday, I have eyes like a hawk now.
Did you say, "Nice start, now what about the rest of me?" 😁
Was at my regular DR yesterday and he offered to freeze all the (what they call all the permanent sun-damaged spots) pre-cancer areas on my face. I thought only dermatologists did that procedure but I said, "sure, go ahead." They hurt a little last night but today all the pain is gone. He said they'd all scab-up and permanently heal in the next 10 days, but in the mean-time I wouldn't be "pretty"! If that's all it takes to get rid of an entire life-time of being roasted in the Florida sun... I'll take it!

Old 08-23-2022, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by WD40
Did you say, "Nice start, now what about the rest of me?" 😁
Was at my regular DR yesterday and he offered to freeze all the (what they call all the permanent sun-damaged spots) pre-cancer areas on my face. I thought only dermatologists did that procedure but I said, "sure, go ahead." They hurt a little last night but today all the pain is gone. He said they'd all scab-up and permanently heal in the next 10 days, but in the mean-time I wouldn't be "pretty"! If that's all it takes to get rid of an entire life-time of being roasted in the Florida sun... I'll take it!
I have had that done and two cut out, they will not kill you they said. I have other doctors that are working on the rest of me, none of them give guarantees though.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular

I have had that done and two cut out, they will not kill you they said. I have other doctors that are working on the rest of me, none of them give guarantees though.
Around 2010 one of my perennial "pre-cancer" spots flared-up and turned into REAL cancer. There is no doubt in your mind when it does. It goes from being something which simply is a dry, damaged, flaking & never completely healing area to something akin to a growing volcanic mountain before an explosion. When I went to have it looked at he said "can you come in tomorrow?". I said "is there an option?" He said "If you wanna live, no." That's when they cut an ellipse around the lesion and remove it with a scalpel.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by WD40
Around 2010 one of my perennial "pre-cancer" spots flared-up and turned into REAL cancer. There is no doubt in your mind when it does. It goes from being something which simply is a dry, damaged, flaking & never completely healing area to something akin to a growing volcanic mountain before an explosion. When I went to have it looked at he said "can you come in tomorrow?". I said "is there an option?" He said "If you wanna live, no." That's when they cut an ellipse around the lesion and remove it with a scalpel.
Scary stuff, stay safe.

Old 12-21-2022, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How can I disable the TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoing System)

Originally Posted by rcompart
Easiest way to disable it is to remove the wire from pin 2 (red highlight) and put it in the empty place of pin 6 (blue highligh). This will completely disable it and you will no longer have the light illuminate on the instrument cluster. This will not affect the HomeLink in any way so you don't lose that functionality.
********************* ATTENTION!!!!! *********************
The highlight colors are NOT the wire colors. They are only there to highlight where the pin is from the factory and where its to go to disable the TPMS. The ONLY wire being changed is the grey wire with the yellow stripe (20GY/YL).

To get at the TPMS/HomeLink connector, just remove the dome light and you can see the wires going into it. Remove the connector, use a pick or other fine tipped tool and depress the top of pin 2 so it will slide out. Push the pin back into the connector in the 6th position and reinstall the connector. Reinstall the dome light and you are finished.

I know this is a crossfire forum but you seem to know what you are talking about.

Would you happen to know if this is possible on an 08 Sebring?

Sorry I just couldn’t find the info anywhere else

Old 12-23-2022, 08:48 AM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

08sebring
Cut a small piece of black electrical tape and past it in the instrument panel over the offending TPMS light in the dash.
That should resolve that fairly quickly and cheaply....

Dennis
DTMenace

Old 03-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcompart
Easiest way to disable it is to remove the wire from pin 2 (red highlight) and put it in the empty place of pin 6 (blue highligh). This will completely disable it and you will no longer have the light illuminate on the instrument cluster. This will not affect the HomeLink in any way so you don't lose that functionality.
********************* ATTENTION!!!!! *********************
The highlight colors are NOT the wire colors. They are only there to highlight where the pin is from the factory and where its to go to disable the TPMS. The ONLY wire being changed is the grey wire with the yellow stripe (20GY/YL).

To get at the TPMS/HomeLink connector, just remove the dome light and you can see the wires going into it. Remove the connector, use a pick or other fine tipped tool and depress the top of pin 2 so it will slide out. Push the pin back into the connector in the 6th position and reinstall the connector. Reinstall the dome light and you are finished.
I have tried to do this; '06 Roadster; got the dome light down and the only connector attached to it was black in color; only three wires in the connector with five positions; the number one and five being blank. Positions two, three, four with wires; attempted to
pull wire two out without success; I do not see a pin to depress for the wire to slide out ? The color of number two wire is light brown ? Got
frustrated and subsequently put everything back together ... now in this thread I see ( and indicated orig. the connector is ' white ' ? )
did not see a white connector with a grey/ yellow striped wire. Was it tucked forward towards the homelink / garage part ? Answers please ... I'm willing to try again to get that annoying icon on the dash to go out ... thanks bauukbros in RDU

Old 03-12-2023, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bayukbros
I have tried to do this; '06 Roadster; got the dome light down and the only connector attached to it was black in color; only three wires in the connector with five positions; the number one and five being blank. Positions two, three, four with wires; attempted to
pull wire two out without success; I do not see a pin to depress for the wire to slide out ? The color of number two wire is light brown ? Got
frustrated and subsequently put everything back together ... now in this thread I see ( and indicated orig. the connector is ' white ' ? )
did not see a white connector with a grey/ yellow striped wire. Was it tucked forward towards the homelink / garage part ? Answers please ... I'm willing to try again to get that annoying icon on the dash to go out ... thanks bauukbros in RDU
You're messing with the wrong electrical connector. The connector you want is above the dome light inside the header-railing. Look at these 2 posts (with pictures) and it should become clear:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post793109

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post931761