Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

SKREEM Repair Infomation

Old 11-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

Reposted from the other thread per request.

EASY PEASEY! THE MDP SKREEM REPAIR WORKS! PLUG AND PLAY!

We got the SKREEM installed and she fired right up! Keys work as they should. Everything seems to be in order. It looks like MDP has the solution. We plugged in the MB software and no codes.

This was late this afternoon. The delivery from MDP was one day turnaround plus the normal postal wait. Brian even called the shop to see the parts arrived. First rate service and a real solution.

MDP seems to have the answer for this snafu. Their support email is up on their website along with their request for service form. Be smart and sign it - I forgot to and there was a back and forth that was my fault - not theirs. They need the Skreem module, ECM and all the keys. Also the documentation to prove ownership. When it arrives just plug it back together and it should work. I'll post more when I have a chance to drive it around, but it worked fine at the shop and I expect this is the solution. MDP obviously cares about solving this and will give you any help you need to see it does. The shop where it is now works on MB and other cars and their MB scanner plugged in to the OBD port, and showed no codes when scanned. All lights and doors working as they should. Nothing to do with the keys - they are ready to go. I think the cautions I've read on the Forum about disconnecting the battery for the install, and having a good battery are worth following. I' m putting in a new Interstate battery just to be sure.

I have nothing to do with MDP and wouldn't understand what they did to it (which they won't do.) Anyone needing this service should just contact MDP via they support line and follow their requests for documentation which you can include with the parts when you send them to them.

Important to note: FCA (Chrysler now) did absolutely nothing to help us find a solution, and dealers couldn't care less about our plight. Probably they don't have the MB software to monitor codes, and of course MB won't help with any of this. If/when Chrysler ever comes up with some new modules it may be prudent to buy one and have MDP look at them to see they work for the specific car - I don't know anything about that. But if you have a non-op SKREEM module or the symptoms we all know about - this appears to be the solution to use, and will probably be less expensive than getting the SKREEM from Chrysler anyway. Screw these companies - they left us sitting and their inattention to our predicament was evident and threatened our ability to ever use the cars.

Didn't have the time to drive it much, so another report tomorrow, but I would say THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED! If you have a non-op SKREEM problem it looks like Brian and MDP can fix it! Needless to say I'm ecstatic. I'm putting in a new battery just to be on the safe side, so when I've gotten time to drive it, I'll report more - but it appears THIS WORKS!

Last edited by wolfstalker; 11-19-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfstalker
Reposted from the other thread per request.

EASY PEASEY! THE MDP SKREEM REPAIR WORKS! PLUG AND PLAY!

We got the SKREEM installed and she fired right up! Keys work as they should. Everything seems to be in order. It looks like MDP has the solution. We plugged in the MB software and no codes.

This was late this afternoon. The delivery from MDP was one day turnaround plus the normal postal wait. Brian even called the shop to see the parts arrived. First rate service and a real solution.
Congratulations!!! Outstanding!!!

Old 11-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
I have read about SOS, in the past, but have never seen a posting from someone that has used them. In wolfstalkers credit he has actually let everyone know MDP was successful. I would love to hear from someone that had had success with SOS on their screem or key replacement.
once i contacted rholstrom and got the following:
Quote (Originally by phil alvirez)---
once you posted this: "If you are having SKREEM problems I suggest using "SOS diagnostics" near Portland Oregon. Look them up online. I diagnosed a no start problem with the help of this forum to be the SKREEM. I had the SKREEM & ECM removed and sent them along with our only key to have repaired by SOS and have 2 more keys cut and programmed to the system. We saved over $2500 for what the dealer wanted to do and got 2 new keys in the process.
S.O.S. Diagnostics (S.O.S. Diagnostics) "

i asked: could you tell how is it going? i have not seen any other post telling that sos has done this for them.
thanks
---End Quote---
his answer:

"The keys still work to start the car without any problem. The dealer at the time wanted to replace SKREEM + ECM + get new key made for $5000+. I think the price SOS charged was about $1800 to, diagnose the SKREEM, fix the SKREEM, reprogram the ECM and have 2 new keys made. The sealer charged $480 (4 hours labor) to have the SKREEM & ECM taken out and them put back in after SOS was done. "
but still it does not explain what exactly was done. and the amount is way higher. that is the only 1 i have succeeded in learning about what SOS has done.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Did I miss how much this costs? Lots of posts I scanned and no answers be found.
Did I skip over it, all I came up with was no charge if it did not work.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I contacted SOS about doing this way back, and was told, at that time, that they could not do that. So I never got a quote there. The cost with MDP was $450. plus about $30 for shipping the parts to them. They notified me that they had done the work and it was successful and asked for authorization to charge a credit card after they had tested it. They paid the freight back to me. Here are all the things I know about SKREEM prices:

1. New SKREEM from Chrysler - about $550. (But they can't tell you when you will get it.)

2. MB parts has them for about $270. but can't sell them to you.

3. SKREEM and antenna from/through NEEDSWINGS - $699. I ordered and paid for one but when Chrysler kept moving delivery forward I cancelled, and Rob immediately refunded my money.

4. SKREEM/KEYS KIT on eBay about $450., I think. Not sure if this even works.

I'd figure one to two hours for the in and out labor.

I would also completely disconnect the battery and check it before doing this, and charge it or put in a new one if it is "iffy." Put the parts back in, reconnect the battery, and it should work. You can check for any codes if you have access to the MB scanner and software.

That's all I know and all we did. EASY PEASEY!

Old 11-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now, I need to ask or find out for myself; can MDP program the transponder (RFID) from a mercedes key fob that has the correct part number (DOC/MDC: 267 102 334) and RFID (FC C ID KR55) to work with a companion duplicate Chrysler Crossfire key. These Mercedes keys can be bought on the internet. I paid $250 but have seen them for less. Because the dealership cannot reprogram the RFID transponder I ended up sending the key back and paid a hefty restocking fee.. I apologize for posting something regarding the key fob in this skreem thread but it is related to the MDP service..

Old 11-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfstalker
I contacted SOS about doing this way back, and was told, at that time, that they could not do that. So I never got a quote there. The cost with MDP was $450. plus about $30 for shipping the parts to them. They notified me that they had done the work and it was successful and asked for authorization to charge a credit card after they had tested it. They paid the freight back to me. Here are all the things I know about SKREEM prices:

1. New SKREEM from Chrysler - about $550. (But they can't tell you when you will get it.)

2. MB parts has them for about $270. but can't sell them to you.

3. SKREEM and antenna from/through NEEDSWINGS - $699. I ordered and paid for one but when Chrysler kept moving delivery forward I cancelled, and Rob immediately refunded my money.

4. SKREEM/KEYS KIT on eBay about $450., I think. Not sure if this even works.

I'd figure one to two hours for the in and out labor.

I would also completely disconnect the battery and check it before doing this, and charge it or put in a new one if it is "iffy." Put the parts back in, reconnect the battery, and it should work. You can check for any codes if you have access to the MB scanner and software.

That's all I know and all we did. EASY PEASEY!
SOS has been doing it for a while. I doubt you even bothered to contact them. This is what they charge when I contacted them recently:

Our minimum bench fee is $195 to hook up and test your parts. If faulty parts are found, we will quote repairs before continuing. The most common issue is software related and no parts are needed.

If we reprogram the SKREEM and ECM to work again, you receive a lifetime warranty on the programming if the parts ever go out of synch again (this does not cover parts if a module develops a hardware fault later).

Parts needed:

ECM

SKREEM

All existing keys

Shipment forms (no owner docs needed. Don’t forget odometer)

What you can expect:

We will test and reprogram your parts as necessary and then test run them in our Crossfire test vehicle to make sure the car starts. The turnaround time is generally 1 week for this service. Any necessary repairs will be approved by you before we complete them and bill you.

Common issues (costs include the $195 setup fee)

Corrupted software $650 (lifetime warranty on programming)

Faulty key $285 for the 1st key $90 for each additional

(aftermarket non-remote keys)

Faulty ECM $935

(includes refurbished ECM w/ 1yr exchange warranty for defective parts)

Faulty SKREEM $505

(includes refurbished SKREEM w/ 1yr exchange warranty for defective parts)

Old 11-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Where is the link to MDP's site for others to use this service? I've been away from the forum for some time and have lost track of all this recent news. I can not believe my eyes, and this is as close to a "Crossfire Miracle" as one can get.

Could I suggest someone who knows make a NEW thread - and I will STICKY that thread so we can spread the word to the entire community - I know of two cars on Facebook that are parked due to confirmed SKREEM failure; these two owners desperately need help.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Where is the link to MDP's site for others to use this service? I've been away from the forum for some time and have lost track of all this recent news. I can not believe my eyes, and this is as close to a "Crossfire Miracle" as one can get.

Could I suggest someone who knows make a NEW thread - and I will STICKY that thread so we can spread the word to the entire community - I know of two cars on Facebook that are parked due to confirmed SKREEM failure; these two owners desperately need help.
Absolutely,, ,I couldn't agree more . Wolfstalker is the man who made this happen. Share you appreciation with him pls.

Hello pizza guy ,, scroll up just a few articles , there is a large easy to find add for Bryan the owner of Mobile Diagnostic and Programing LLC in Florida .
the number is 727 432 7240 . Pls allow me to guide you on their site.
Once you have found their website on google
There will be a header offering choices along the top.
Go all the way to the right to MORE
The dropdown will offer the option crossfire problems.
Everything will be explained.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 PM

Old 11-19-2019, 08:37 PM

They repair or clone the ECM or Skreem
Create keys that operate your vehicle.
They solved all the problems.
We are all free other than a couple hecklers who arnt appreciating what has happened.
Crossfire vehicle resale values will regain their place once buyer confidence is confirmed.
Hope this helps .

Old 11-20-2019, 02:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: How many Crossfire Owners need a new SKREEM unit?

Originally Posted by Emery Erickson
So if you have the "correct key" what's the point in sending it in? Isn't it already programmed to the car?

Old 11-20-2019, 04:10 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

They need the key for programming the SKREEM, and the SKREEM for programming the ECM

Old 11-21-2019, 10:30 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I can not believe my eyes, and this is as close to a "Crossfire Miracle" as one can get.
Could I suggest someone who knows make a NEW thread - and I will STICKY that thread so we can spread the word to the entire community
I know of two cars on Facebook that are parked due to confirmed SKREEM failure; these two owners desperately need help.

A new thread now here >>> Skreem failure symptoms and repair that works