Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

SKREEM Repair Infomation

Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question SKREEM Repair Infomation

I'm an old guy, almost 82, and a three year Xfire owner - 2005 yellow LTD Roadster - and a new member. Late last year I got the double whammy. Stage Three colon cancer and, I think from reading all the info on the Forum - my garaged car won't start because I need a new SKREEM unit. The VA operated and got all the bad stuff out of me along with a 79 cm piece of my plumbing, and put a bag on me. I had that for 5+ months and then in April I had it reversed and am now back to normal. Feel 30 years younger, no problems at all, and want to get my car back on the road. I contacted Needswings and ordered and paid for a SKREEM and ring antenna after trying three Chryslers stealers who could do nothing for me and were totally disinterested . I tried to get into the MB parts system - and learned that I'm not able to get one there because I have a Chrysler VIN.

I looked up the production figures for Crossfires and see Karmann assembled and delivered 2004-2008 - just over 76,000 cars. Karmann made lots of MB SLKs that used the same part, and MB can and does still service and repair them with the parts they are able to draw from their supplier - presumably Siemens, so it is only logical assume FCA/Chrysler could get them there too if they cared about their customers. I saw here on the Forum that some owners had failed SKREEM units as far back as 2006 so these failures are not new to Chrysler. FYI, MB dealer near Chicago sells the part for MB cars for less than $300 when you walk up to the parts counter, so the price differential - Chrysler dealers wanted about $550. for it but don't have any - is another issue.

Think about this: If just 50% of the Crossfires out there need or will need a SKREEM unit it's a good chunk of change. Or,taken another way, if 50% of the cars are rendered totally inoperative for lack of availability of this part, or any other part, that amounts to a large amount of dollars in parts sales and losses to the owners. Try 35,000 Crossfires x $10,000 average value or whatever numbers you think are better - Anyway you slice it, it's worth supplying the parts and too much for most owners to just throw away. Depriving owners, who purchased in good faith, of the part and the code which they need and only Chrysler controls, is irresponsible, at best. Of such irresponsibility are serious lawsuits made. If anyone has data on this situation or an informed guesstimate about frequency of failure, let me know.

I tried twice to contact Chrysler through their Customer Care link. No answer so far. So I just mailed a letter to Michael Manley, FCA CEO. Hopefully they will see the light and dig up some parts from their worldwide system or get Siemens or another supplier to run up a batch. Maybe they could do that and let Needswings or someone designated department code these and sell/ship them out to legitimate owners who need them. And maybe even lower the price back to the MB level.

I'll post next week my letter to Mr. Manley and any reply I get. I think that if this situation had been brought to Sergio's attention he would have turned to one of his aides and said, "Remedy this and get back to me by Friday and tell me how you did it." Probably Walter P. would have done that too. Hopefully we can locate the right person at FCA to get this done PDQ.

Are there other parts that are similarly unavailable?

If anyone knows, please post a reply.

Just because the Daimler connection was broken Chrysler (FCA) should not be allowed to forget about us and leave us with totally unusable cars and significant financial losses.

Last edited by Valk; 11-21-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

Glad you’re doing well. You are one tough old bird!

Well-written post.

Michael Manley is an engineer from the UK, so maybe he would understand the issues we’re dealing with.

Another approach would be to get a writer from Road & Track or Motor Trend, etc. to pick up the story. Sometimes those folks can get through to the suits at FCA. Or at least have fun poking at FCA.

Third approach is just to keep using Needswings so they become the lead supplier for SKREEMS and other parts and maybe keep everything going for us.

In any case, thanks for the post about your good health. I hope Needswings puts you at the top of their list for shipping out the SKREEMS.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the good wishes. The operations were a piece of cake. I'm ready to keep rolling, and will pursue this issue tenaciously. If I have to, I'll go to Detroit and get someone from the Detroit Free Press to go with me to FCA. Maybe it will take a little Crossfire Demonstration in front of their headquarters to get their attention and some coverage. Maybe an old guy with a flag and a big sign saying "HONK if you want FCA to stop screwing veterans." There must be another Vet somewhere that has an Xfire and needs or will need a SKREEM. Two is plural Vets.

Here's what I wrote to Manley. Please don't copy or post until we see what the reply is.

"
Dear Mr. Manley,

I have attempted to contact Chrysler several times via your Customer Care link, to no avail. Hence this letter.

The issue I wish to call to your attention is the inability or refusal of Chrysler to provide a critical part for my 2005 Crossfire. I have contacted several dealers in my area and none of them are able to provide this part, which is a SKREEM Ignition Immobilizer - part # 1708201826 - that controls the security system, and which due to failure makes the car inoperable and totally useless. I am not alone in needing this part - many other Crossfire owners need it and also have cars that are totally useless without it. (See Crossfire Forum.)

This part s a standard module used in all Crossfires as well as all Mercedes SLKs built at the same time, and perhaps in numerous other MB vehicles. It is/was made by Siemens and is in stock in the Mercedes parts system, but Crossfire owners can not purchase it through MB due to the fact that it is a vehicle specific, theft related part and the MB parts system will not accept a Chrysler VIN and MB dealers have no access to the Chrysler code that must be installed in the part. The Chrysler dealers also have - they claim - no access to these codes, and their queries to Chrysler say there is no ETA for any such part ordered. They also state that if we want one we need to pay, in full, in advance with no commitment as to when the part will be delivered. Therefore, because of this snafu, many Crossfire owners are left with cars purchased from Chrysler that are only useful as lawn ornaments. Somebody has to correct this situation.

My car has been inoperative for many months. I am an 81 year old army veteran who last year was diagnosed with Stage Three colon cancer, so for the better part of the last year I have been busy with health issues and so let the car sit. Fortunately I had a successful operation last October which removed 79 cm of my colon and tied me up with an ostomy pouch that I wore for 5 months. Then this April I had a reversal surgery and got my plumbing reconnected and am now in great shape and cancer free, the docs tell me. (Thank God for the VA health system.) I don’t know how much time I have left, but I need to get this situation solved so I don’t leave my wife as a widow to deal with a useless car.

I am asking you to immediately tell someone at Chrysler to remedy this situation, come up with the part with the correct code for my vehicle installed and get one to one of your dealers to install it, ASAP. There are two Chrysler dealers near me where I can have the car towed for this service, if the part is made available. I hope to be able to drive this car to New York in mid September to the Hemmings Motor News Concourse at Lake George, NY where it is entered, so this matter needs urgent attention.

Recently I saw online that FCA Chairman, John Elkan, speaking in London at the anniversary of Sergio’s death said, “Sergio liked to describe FCA… as filled with women and men of virtue. Individuals who feel a weight of responsibility for what they do, individuals who react with decisiveness and courage, who don’t shrink from the opportunity to set an example”I hope that’s true, and that you are one of those of whom he was speaking.

I implore you to step up and do the right thing and correct a situation that has left a lot of Chrysler customers in an untenable position.I/wehave bought many cars from Chrysler, in fact my daily driver now is my old 2001 Sebring convertible.By not solving this problem Chrysler has left a lot of Crossfire owners with cars that cannot be driven or sold.People like me cannot suffer this kind of financial loss because of Chrysler’s inability or refusal to provide a critical part for a car we purchased in good faith, are proud of, and want to drive and enjoy.It seems to me that Chrysler could easily get one of these modules from Siemens, MB or somewhere in your overseas parts system, program it for my vehicle, and get it to me PDQ.I attach copies of my Drivers License, the Illinois Crossfire vehicle registration in my name and insurance card to show the VIN and that I own this car.Since this moduleis an existing part that MB stocks, it shouldn’t require much effort on your part to get one or some of them into the Chrysler system.

As I see it, this is a golden opportunity to turn a very negative situation into an opportunity to generate positive publicity and priceless goodwill that shows that Chrysler cares about its customers. I know it may be a small thing for you, but it is surely something you could easily designate to someone in your entourage to solve ASAP and demonstrate that FCA wants to make things right. We owners that need this part have really no other option at our disposal. We keep spending money on the cars for plates and insurance, but can’t drive them.

I’ll hope to hear something positive from you in the very near future.

Sincerely, "

Old 08-26-2019, 12:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great letter Wolfstalker,

First let me say thank you for your service and thank you for fighting for those of us who own these cars which seem to be as you say soon to be lawn ornaments as things continue to go wrong with no support unless we retrofit American engines and drive train like the guy on YouTube called driveway he retrofitted a LS Chevy v8 He made his into a hotrod I wanted a close to original if possible . This reminds me of Packard and Studebaker and Cord and many lost models and Pontiac and Oldsmobile this is happening and those with pristine Crossfires this lack of our driver cars as each one dies makes the pristine ones like the Duesenburg worth millions We are not all rich like Jay Leno or Chip Foose to get the help we need with cars thats why rely on forums like this. Wish foose would build me a car mine is totally rust free .
My Crossfire I bought was a high mileage unloved car I bought in Oct 2018 last year Cheap and I am having trouble with a key fob I had 2 now only have one that starts the car . I bought an ebay key case ( MISTAKE ) and I had it all put together it hit the ground and the transponder popped out it is gone so I have only one useable key Make sure anyone who does this warning ( EPOXY IT TOGETHER WITH TRANSPONDER ) And as you mentioned Chrysler either knows nothing or charges you out the wazoo and even needswings charges more than I want to pay for a key fob $685 for a working remote due in Oct 2019 many other I have contacted said same thing 10/2019. I have been looking on the forums and a few keys remote stores and I hope to find one soon checking a few others tomorrow Aug/26/2019 . Ive seen some as low as $53 to $700 not sure they work or if they even have them ?? . I wish they would just find a way to kill skreem all together just bypass it with a plug and play unit.
I'm not worried about the car being stolen thats why I have insurance . My 2011 Ford Mustang aftermarket flip key another ebay purchase ( very Happy ) I programed myself and it works great and cost me $15 for 2 flip key remotes look just like the VW flip keys which are nicer than the Crossfire and Mercedes flip keys . I to am a senior citizen not in the best of health either I am suffering with crippling arthritis in both hands and my back with both knees replaced March 2018 among other issues and on a fixed income . I have had a neg comment already on this forum from a Forum member about me being upset loosing the key transponder and the costly price to replace it that I was complaining I do wonder if he will say the same to you as well. The guy who made the comment may have tons of money with his SRT6, he made the comment about me complaining about the loss of my key and the high cost of ownership of these cars . I had thought this was a nonjudgement forum full of people who love these cars and cars in general . Yes I could not afford a new or low mileage Crossfire at the time these came out . It was a car I always wanted so I bought a high mileage Crossfire which was unloved but she is a 6 speed runs great ( FOR NOW ) YIKESSS !!! And as I can do the work myself with help of kind members like yourself. My Crossfire is a blaze red coupe with black interior she is coming together as I can do the work but it has been so hot and I have no garage .
I have gotten my Crossfire running like a champ but each time something GOES WRONG like the key fob which was out of my control that it hit the black driveway and it went into 10 pieces and I have swept vacuumed and looked in the hot sun until my eyes hurt I looked everywhere and I know its gone forever . I hope I can find a replacement remote key fob with a working transponder If the place I found is true their advertisement I will buy 3 .
To those of us seniors who love cars and these cars hope we can continue to help each other and not judge each other for things that happen or cannot afford to repair on a whim or in general as these cars age . I remember taking an engine out of a car and putting back in with in a day now you need a degree from M.I.T to work on these newer cars LOLOLO some easier to work on than others. Like the Mustang key fob was a cheap fix not on this car.
Please keep us informed with anything you can and you may contact me if you wish perhaps we can learn from each other .
Best Wishes and continue good health my friend .
Manlaw38

Old 08-26-2019, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

This thread is an impressive read, and I like the suggestions about contacting "auto media" about this.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Talking re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

Quick responses - I'm impressed. I just started here yesterday and am still trying to figure out how to do things, so bear with me if my text gets garbled or whatever. This Forum is the most complete I've ever seen with so many options as to what one can do, and I am not a computer guy. If anyone can clean up my posting of the letter I sent to Mr. Manley please do so. I have no idea why some of the type jumped to a larger size, or how to correct that.

If I can find someone that does photoshop I'd like to get a pretty simple sign board incorporated with a Crossfire pic - yellow roadster - superimposed in front of a modern appearing generic Chrysler speakership, that I could include with letters to the automotive press. "Pic worth plenty words", especially with younger generations..."

Lots of other concepts for this... a Crossfire slowly sinking into a sea with old junk cars on the bottom, maybe the Titanic ruins, a couple old Hun helmets or MB stars lying like starfish, and on the surface an austere exec figure arms folded, ignoring it as it goes down... You get the idea.

Now with the billion dollar new plant on Mack drawing all the Suit's attention, maybe that should figure in - New Factory with FCA logo as a Crossfire is towed by past a road sign pointing to "Oblivion." Balloon from the car reads, "What about us?"

You get the idea... any computer savvy members out there??? HELP!

Old 08-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
This thread is an impressive read, and I like the suggestions about contacting "auto media" about this.
I agree
I'm thankful to our seniors here who have the love for the Crossfire and the time and passion to reach out and try to help all of us to continue to maintain our cars and have the parts available to do so
Many thanks to everyone here who work together to help one another

Gary

Old 08-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

I think Josh is offering to clone a working SKREEM for $300. That may be a good way to get a spare cheap. You have to sent him your working SKREEM for this to happen.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:53 PM

Seniors? Look, I know what the calendar says, but I just don't feel I am in that group yet. Prior to my VA visit last October, I hadn't been to a doctor since 1964. So I, of course, have no PMH (previous medical history) - because I was never sick. Good food, good wine, good dog(s), good woman and lots of natural stuff, being outdoors in all weather did the trick for me. But the VA Docs, God bless 'em, assign me to a GP to just check up on me while they tout me as a poster boy for cancer survivorship. So far, no pain, no problems, but when they want to check up on me I have to go to the "Geriatric Clinic". Ouch!

Too bad I didn't start to look into this situation a couple months ago. We could have had a great chance to make the public aware of just how FCA is treating the Crossfire and Crossfire owners at the Woodward Dream Cruise. We could have put my car on a flatbed with the hood open and an "SOS" sign or something better. I can tell you that if FCA doesn't step up and fix this situation PDQ they are going to learn what the power of the press is all about, and what exactly "tenacious" means.

Don't forget - this is an international problem - young and older owners all over the globe are affected by this failure on the part of FCA to provide these parts. We should be allowed to drive and enjoy our cars in our "Golden Years." I've built and repaired all kinds of cars. A '32 Ford rod when I was in high school, a '50 Olds convert that I pulled the hydro out of and put in a LaSalle floor box. Two '40 Ford converts, both hopped up, one with ARDUN heads. A '56 300B. A 1954 MB 220A convert I was driving on the Kurfurstendamm when I heard the news on Kennedy. A bunch of Citroens - DS, SM, lots of 2CVs - one of which I bought in Cambodia and drove to Amsterdam on a one year trip around the world. I once owned a '53 aluminum-bodied Porsche Americka that was the first car I took my wife out in, when in college. I've restored basket-case hydraulic Citroens and still own a '56 Nash Ambassador Custom - one of the few that came with the 352 Packard V-8. I know a little about cars, but this problem is not about what I call cars. This is about electronics, things which most of us can't delve into unless we want a second career. The companies that put these systems into the cars they sold us must support us and provide what we need. If they don't, it's a swindle.

I will not take this lying down. We cannot be just ignored. They can't disown their responsibility. Not without a fight, anyway.

And that brings up another point - economic incentive. One would think that selling parts is profitable. If I had to buy all the parts to assemble my Crossfire it would probably cost half a million dollars. We paid good money for these cars, want to buy some parts to keep them running, can't afford to just let them sit outside as useless ornaments. If you have an old MB, even very old, you can get parts for it. Siemens makes the part, MB dealers have it, but because Chrysler keeps the secret codes to themselves, they have been able to sell these units at a much higher price. Now they just don't stock any, render our cars useless, and ignore us. That's a sad story with legs. It stands up and walks on its own. If negative publicity deters just a few buyers FCA loses. If they solve this snafu, I'll work just as hard to tell people that their new CEO heard us and took much-needed action. FCA SUCKS or FCA GOOD GUYS HELP OWNERS IN DISTRESS. If they have common sense they should remedy this situation, and any others, PDQ All it takes is ordering a batch of parts that already are made by their former supplier. They just need to hear about it and do the right thing.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Exclamation re: SKREEM Repair Infomation

Here's a link to a little video of my Nash. A couple people of good will get together and we can make nice things happen

https://journal.classiccars.com/2017...sh-ambassador/

Old 08-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sceem module

I am also a 82 year old Vet with a yellow 2005 Crossfire Roadster. My car still runs very well at this point,but I feel that a spare Screem Module is a good thing to have since there are a lot of owners
with this problem. It's not if but when the screem will go bad. I also contacted a MB dealer and a Chrysler dealer and got the same response. MB price $270.00 with 600 units in stock, but not for us. Chrysler not available at $555.00. Looking for a supplier, maybe by October with December or January Delivery. My car has only 41,000 miles and is almost showroom condition. I would not be very happy if my screem went bad
My oldest daughter has been in love with our crossfire ever since we bought it. I'm afraid to give it to her at this time with a none available part problem.
The answer to this problem may be a Class Action Lawsuit against both MB and Chrysler. If enough owners are willing to band together and have a Lawyer write a certified letter to the CEO'S of both companies stating our problem be fore a lawsuit will be started we might at least get there attention. There must be a Lawyer on our forum that would be willing to help all of us get this problem solved

Old 08-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts
Default Re: Sceem module

I dont think lawyers are the answer here.

I like this gentlemen's approach:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...reem-unit.html

Your SKREEM is NOT certain to go bad. You can lower the odds of ANY module failing by following these recommendations:

1) Do not jump start another vehicle with your Crossfire.
2) Only jump start your Crossfire with a booster battery - NOT another vehicle, tow truck or plug-in booster.
3) Keep battery posts, ground cable connections clean and TIGHT.
4) At four years, replace the battery.
5) Perform one of the two mods in this thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...le-engine.html
6) If your car is a convertible, NEVER put the top up or down without the engine running.

I've had three Roadsters over ten years and 110,000 miles; never had a SKREEM failure.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:44 AM

I tried to get a live body at MOPAR this AM by registering my VIN - no avail. I sent this via their link to "Mopar Customer Service." We'll see what, if any, response will get. The FCA Chat does not work on their website. There is a guy named Tom Brewer listed as the MOPAR PR guy - I'll try and get to him if anyone ever answers their phones.

What I sent - Subject: Need part # 1708201826

I, and many other Crossfire owners need this SKREEM Ignition Immobilizer module. Our cars cannot be operated without this part. Your dealers say you have none. MB has 600 in stock - same part but their parts cannot be ordered with a Chrysler VIN Your failure to provide this critical part is resulting in many owners being left with cars that cannot be driven or sold. Be cause FCA/Mopar refuses to make this part available through MOPAR and because this part must be made VIN specific with codes only Chrysler has, FCA/Chrysler is essentially causing serious financial jeopardy to all Chrysler Crossfire owners. 75,000 of these cars were built and sold worldwide by Chrysler. Why Chrysler refuses to stock and sell this part is unfathomable. You must have these parts somewhere in your worldwide network or order more from Siemens which makes and supplies them to MB. Please respond ASAP. Thank you. DS

If anyone has been down this trail before please let me know where, when and what happened. If anyone has any direct email to a live FCA person I'd welcome that. Phone queries are more than 5 minute waits with that trash noise to listen to. You'd think they would at least play MOTOWN but that probably costs money they won't spend.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:26 PM

I contacted the Detroit Free Press which covers the auto sector in Detroit extensively. Hopefully this will interest them enough to return contact me and I'll send them more info on the situation. I figure if they got my letter to Manley and they contact his office for comment that would make them aware of the situation.

Subject: This should go to whoever deals with Detroit auto related stories.

I am an 81 year old Vet who bought a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire, the Daimler-Chrysler "Halo" car that FCA now seems to disown. DC built about 75,000 of these cars in Germany 2004-2008 at the Karmann plant where MB SLKs were also built.

These cars are essentially Chrysler designed bodies on an MB SLK platform. Perhaps 90% of the parts are MB. Chrysler used an MB designed system for security, and so each car contains Siemens components that MB uses in many of their cars.

One of them is a SKREEM Ignition Immobilizer Module located behind the dashboard - a cig pack sized little beauty that is vehicle specific, meaning each one has to contain a code number issued by Chrysler for that particular vehicle. If this goes out, you need to get one from Chrysler with the correct code inserted, and they claim they have none and can't supply them. So Crossfire owners all over the world who have this problem are essentially left with two-seater flower pots - the cars cannot be started or driven. I have one and I'm tired of being given the run around by dealerships that are totally uninterested and unreturned letters and calls to FCA.

If the appropriate person will send me an email address I'll be happy to send my letter of last week to Michael Manley - CEO of FCA. I have not been able to use my car for many months, and there are lots of other Crossfire owners in the same position. We are being stuck with nice cars we like that can't be started, driven or sold. And no one seems to care.

What makes this situation so absurd is that this same part is sitting on the shelf at MB. Last contact they had 600 in stock, but Crossfire owners can't get one because their parts system won't recognize a Chrysler VIN, and they have no access to the Chrysler codes each one needs.

Additionally, when I went to three Chrysler stealerships they told me, IF they had the part which they claim they don't, it would cost $550-570 or more, must be paid in full in advance, and no ETA for when I get it. That irks me even more because MB only charges $270 for the same part. IF I had an MB SLK VIN I could buy one today, except for the fact it would not have the correct Chrysler code for my vehicle.

I'd like to email you a copy of my letter to Mr. Manley. I think that if this situation had been brought to Sergio's attention he would have told an aide "Remedythis and get back to me by Friday to let me know it's done and how you did it."

I hope someone at the Free Press will be able to help me (us) get this situation corrected. It would seem Chrysler wants satisfied customers, and should abhor bad publicity about Customer Care. I've tried their online channels and no reply. Maybe I need to trailer the car to Auburn Hills and chain it to a tree with a sign that says "FCA Screws Vets". Is that what it takes? I would think a little probing and a story would work better.

Thanks for your time reading this. I hope I'll hear back from someone so I can send them more info.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:18 PM

I emailed Autoweek and Car & Driver similar versions of the above. We'll see if they probe any further. I figure that if one or more of them calls Manley's office for a comment that should motivate them to get on this. See, even at 81 I'm still an optimist.

Are there any other parts in a similar situation?

Old 08-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfstalker
Are there any other parts in a similar situation?
Keys and the PCM.
Those 2 and the SKREEM are tied to each Crossfire VIN
Unless I missed it, all other parts are available from online parts stores, MB, or salvage yards.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wolfstacker,

My hats off to you for putting into words what a lot of us owners feel. Thank you for stepping in and "grabbing the bull by the horns".

I live in the metro Detroit area (born and raised on the east of Detroit).

Every Thursday's Detroit Free Press, Mark Phelan writes/features automotive news and reviews new products and features. He's well respected in the automotive world. Here's hoping your letter to the Detroit Free Press crosses his desk.

Lastly, I'm sincerely happy that your health issues have been overcome. Keep on keeping on!!

All the best to you!

Regards,

Old 08-27-2019, 06:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im doing some research . My 2nd cousin works at Mercedes for near 30 yrs. Im hoping he contacts me about my key issue I will also ask about the Skreem and if there are ways to have these replaced with Meecedes units unless someone else has done this who works at Mercedes ??? The keys as we all know are outrageous price for one key fob $685. And the Skreem at same price
Way to much for a car that depreciates as I write this. I will let everyone know if he contacts me. Wish you all the best.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: Sceem module

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I dont think lawyers are the answer here.

I like this gentlemen's approach:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...reem-unit.html

Your SKREEM is NOT certain to go bad. You can lower the odds of ANY module failing by following these recommendations:

1) Do not jump start another vehicle with your Crossfire.
2) Only jump start your Crossfire with a booster battery - NOT another vehicle, tow truck or plug-in booster.
3) Keep battery posts, ground cable connections clean and TIGHT.
4) At four years, replace the battery.
5) Perform one of the two mods in this thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...le-engine.html
6) If your car is a convertible, NEVER put the top up or down without the engine running.

I've had three Roadsters over ten years and 110,000 miles; never had a SKREEM failure.

(7) Always have a battery tender connected when not driving your car for extended periods.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:39 PM

I followed up to Mr. Phelan at the Detroit Free Press today with this:

Mr. Phelan:

A little more info on this FCA snafu.

Below is a short video made by an aftermarket supplier - Needswings - which is in your area. They made this remove-and-replace video to show what the symtoms are for a failed SKREEM module and what a simple fix it is - IF you have a properly coded replacement part. I ordered (and paid for) one at the inflated price but as you can see from their web page Chrysler gives no ETA for delivery. Making this part is not the problem - they exist and are in the MB parts inventory and if I had an MB VIN instead of the Chrysler code I could pick one up from them for $270. retail but they can’t access the “code” number that needs to be put in it because Chrysler controls the codes. So I, and a lot of other Crossfire owners are left with cars that can’t be started, driven or sold. That ain’t fair.

NeedsWings Performance Products. Crossfire SKREEM and Antenna Ring

We are all stuck with sizable investments in these cars and ongoing expenses for license plates, insurance, etc. I’ve tried several times to get somebody at FCA to address this issue but can’t get a response to any of my queries addressed to Manley, Chrysler Customer care, even MOPAR. I sent Mr. Manley copies of my DL, current valid (and paid for Illinois registration, even my insurance card. No response. That’s no way to instill customer confidence in the buying public.

I found this listing on an FCA web page but can’t come up with an address or email for this gentlemen who says he is “Here when you need us. Can you contact him and send him what I have sent you? Much appreciated if you can

Dale Jewett
Do you know your blood type? Mine is 100 octane (not your standard blood bank classification). At any given moment, I’m thinking about cars – driving one, fixing one, buying one or (in my dreams) restoring one. So I love to tell stories that involve horsepower, brake and wheel diameters and 0-to-60 times – and the people who make it happen. Because behind every awesome vehicle are amazing people with vision and the desire to make it a reality. I cover Mopar, Dodge, SRT and motorsports for FCA Digital Media. I learned to drive on a 1973 Jeep CJ-5 with the rare Super Jeep option package and three-speed manual transmission. I still belong to the dwindling club of people who prefer to shift their own gears, and think the best way to drive is with the top down!

HERE WHEN YOU NEED US

Have a question or need some help? We're here for you day and night.

Yeah, right.

I’m really getting frustrated. Maybe you can suggest a high visibility location near their HQ that I can tow my little yellow roadster with its Chrysler badging to park it with a big sign - “Why does FCA screw vets that bought Chryslers???

Last edited by wolfstalker; 08-30-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: remove my name posted in error

Quick Reply: SKREEM Repair Infomation