Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Key stuck in ignition

Old 08-29-2023, 06:56 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Key stuck in ignition

I thought it would not happen to me, after all I did the sticky key fix.
Lo and behold the key was jammed in the ignition when I got home yesterday, I turned it ON, turn
ed it OFF several times, still stuck.
Knowing a little about it, I turned the key ON, moved the gear shift to drive and then turned the key back to OFF and the key came out lickerty split.
When I tried to do it it always came out, but later in the day I went out and upon returning home it stuck again. I repeated the gear change solution and out the key popped.
Some fine adjustment is called for I think.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:22 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Key stuck in ignition

This came up on Fakebook a while back. That "throttle cable" thingy that goes from the shift to the ignition switch is the culprit.
Bob McCubbin suggested that you could disconnect the cable at the ignition switch and the default position of the 'slider' in there is "unlock", if you dont want to chase this.

Old 08-30-2023, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
This came up on Fakebook a while back. That "throttle cable" thingy that goes from the shift to the ignition switch is the culprit.
Bob McCubbin suggested that you could disconnect the cable at the ignition switch and the default position of the 'slider' in there is "unlock", if you dont want to chase this.
You have to remember that I tried to fix the door open switch in the console switch group for hours, no luck yet. So I think that it will be an easy task to fix this. I think it must be on the tipping point of working and not working.
I cannot have two things on the car not working. 🙄
I nearly had a woman drive into the side of me the other day, she was merging into my lane and I could see she never looked at me, just the cars a bit behind me. I stopped, blew my horn and the she saw me. No acknowledgment of me she just carried on her way.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-30-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Would this not allow the car to be started in DRIVE, causing a dangerous situation? It would be like disabling the lock that is on the NAs.