TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Strange seatbelt warning

Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 474 Likes on 330 Posts
Default Re: Disable Seatbelt Alarm - No cutting any wires

Originally Posted by Thomas B. Whyle

The procedure for the Crossfire is as follows:

1)Turn key to ON/START - within 60 seconds, turn ignition OFF and fasten the driver seat belt.

2)Start engine and wait for the seat belt light to turn off.

3)Within 60 seconds unbuckle/rebuckle the seat belt 3 times - ending with buckled.

4)Turn the engine OFF and wait to hear a single chime.

(This confirms you have turned the repeater chimes off. Repeat the sequence or disconnect the battery to restore the reminder function.)
Thanks to someone who read this thread previously I now have a disabled seatbelt alarm
Thanks to Thomas and the person who told me about this simple fix and did it for me this weekend !!!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Strange seatbelt warning

Originally Posted by Thomas B. Whyle
I apologize for my previous post: One should never attempt a technical post when about to go to sleep. The sequence described earlier was what I used for my 300C. The correct procedure for the Crossfire is as follows: 1)Turn key to ON/START - within 60 seconds, turn ignition OFF and fasten the driver seat belt. 2)Start engine and wait for the seat belt light to turn off. 3)Within 60 seconds unbuckle/rebuckle the seat belt 3 times - ending with buckled. 4)Turn the engine OFF and wait to hear a single chime. (This confirms you have turned the repeater chimes off. Repeat the sequence or disconnect the battery to restore the reminder function.)
So, why doen't mine turn off when I do this?
On #3, I usually hear a single chime just before I buckle it for the third time.
I have tried this 6+ times and it has not worked yet. What am I doing wrong?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe, I have used this procedure countless times on 6-8 different vehicles, just be patient and run through it, make sure all doors are closed as well...

Old 11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I must have done it 30 times. Same results - nothing.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

I disabled that dang chime with the help/instructions found here in the forum! I did it because when I pull up to the rear gates in my yard and unbuckle, the dang thing chimes away. Annoying as hell. Sometimes it doesn't chime but then goes crazy when I put it in gear and drive 35 feet to pull into garage. I am really glad someone found this cure for that annoying chime. I wear my seatbelt whenever I take any of my cars out, just glad now when I move the car in my yard it doesn't drive me crazy. My car also chimed once when the sequence was finished, the ending chime sequence was different but the result was the same. NO MORE CHIME when I move the car a few feet, thats great!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by joejones
Well, I must have done it 30 times. Same results - nothing.
Did mine last week .. took a few tries.. found I was doing the buckle un-buckle one time too many.. Nothing but the stereo now for the couple minutes down the driveway now.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did mine about a year ago. This is one of the best procedures Ive gotten off of this forum. I do wear my seatbelt all the time but for those short "move the car" sessions its a Godsend not to hear that SPASTIC chime