TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Rcm

Old 01-25-2019, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rcm

Originally Posted by 1951sms
I’m sorry to be such a problem. I do have Chemo Fog from Multiple Myeloma. I do make mistakes . I don’t have any experience with a Forum. Don’t have any help here to make sure I message things correct. The thing about 2017 was just something for us to remind ourselves of helping back then.. was a bad choice I guess, sorry. I had the multiple posts because I didn’t know what I was doing, sorry again.
what makes things worse is that it didn’t make the car start, I hope that I don’t bother you if I need help.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:01 AM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

what makes things worse is that it didn’t make the car start, I hope that I don’t bother you if I need help.
No problem at all, glad to be able to try and help.
You can realize that answers to your questions get all mixed up when they are spread over three threads. You get confused and the people answering get confused and often just give up answering.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

No problem at all, glad to be able to try and help.
You can realize that answers to your questions get all mixed up when they are spread over three threads. You get confused and the people answering get confused and often just give up answering.
Oh Yes I understand!! Learning how a Forum works is KEY. Well, saying that..how important, as far as the ECM goes, is the battery showing less than 100%. I charged it and the charger said 100% but my Multi-Meter said 10.5 Volts. No clicking under the hood. The cooling fan does start up with a motor that won't turn over I guess I should have started a new Thread ??

Old 01-26-2019, 10:46 AM

Oh Yes I understand!! Learning how a Forum works is KEY. Well, saying that..how important, as far as the ECM goes, is the battery showing less than 100%. I charged it and the charger said 100% but my Multi-Meter said 10.5 Volts. No clicking under the hood. The cooling fan does start up with a motor that won't turn over I guess I should have started a new Thread ??
These cars are super sensitive to batteries that are not up to par, the battery should show something more than 12 volts. Get the battery tested at an auto parts store and reolace if necessary.
I have had batteries that look like they are charged and they are not in fact. Sounds like the battery is shot inside the case, with one or two cells dead. How old is the battery?

Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM

These cars are super sensitive to batteries that are not up to par, the battery should show something more than 12 volts. Get the battery tested at an auto parts store and reolace if necessary.
I have had batteries that look like they are charged and they are not in fact. Sounds like the battery is shot inside the case, with one or two cells dead. How old is the battery?
I have just put a new battery in it.Took the RCM back out to look it over again. I turn the key to starter mode yet nothing happens. The cooling fan does start running.I need someone to ck the relays to see if I'm seeing any response to it. I bought this last week at a really great deal. They said that it had to have the "new" used key asy. needed programed. I went there over 2 hour drive with the knowledge that I could Program it. I did it cranked over about 5 seconds but nothing after that. The battery was said to be new...3 years ago new.lol They even went down farther in the cost! So we drug it back home. Soldered the circuit board, put the New Battery in today and still nothing. HELP I'M DROWNING LOL

Last edited by 1951sms; 01-26-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:37 PM

I have just put a new battery in it.Took the RCM back out to look it over again. I turn the key to starter mode yet nothing happens.I need someone to ck the relays to see if I'm seeing any response to it. I bought this last week at a really great deal. They said that it had to have the "new" used key asy. needed programed. I went there over 2 hour drive with the knowledge that I could Program it. I did it cranked over about 5 seconds but nothing after that. The battery was said to be new...3 years ago new.lol They even went down farther in the cost! So we drug it back home. Soldered the circuit board, put the New Battery in today and still nothing. HELP I'M DROWNING LOL
Every time you post we get more info, now it is a key assembly whatever that is. Without the key chip programmed to fit your car nothing will run for more than a few seconds, you can program the fob to open the doors but you cannot program the chip inside the fob to run the car.
The key may fit the doors and ignition.
The chip may or may not be the one to start your car, someone may have purchased a key on eBay it may work the doors but it will not get the car running for more than a few seconds, maybe less and maybe no starter action at all.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:29 PM

Every time you post we get more info, now it is a key assembly whatever that is. Without the key chip programmed to fit your car nothing will run for more than a few seconds, you can program the fob to open the doors but you cannot program the chip inside the fob to run the car.
The key may fit the doors and ignition.
The chip may or may not be the one to start your car, someone may have purchased a key on eBay it may work the doors but it will not get the car running for more than a few seconds, maybe less and maybe no starter action at all.
When I hit the open or close button twice of FOB and put it into the keyswitch before 30 seconds, isn't that programing the Key? The guy I bought it from said that the lights on the dash never came on for them. It did crank over a bit after that but no more.

Last edited by 1951sms; 01-26-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

When I hit the open or close button twice of FOB and put it into the keyswitch before 30 seconds, isn't that programing the Key? The guy I bought it from said that the lights on the dash never came on for them. It did crank over a bit after that but no more.
"Thief" has a fob key cut to fit car .. thief hit's button twice and drives off.. you really think the security system is that "**** poor" ? Car must recognize the coded RFID chip in the fob to start. Do the doors lock and unlock with the fob now? If not..you don't have a key "for" the car.. (or it COULD have other issues too) .. Whether "press twice" is performed or not if the RFID chip is correct the car will start. (If there is no other underlying problem.. skreem module).. A little research here would answer every question you have on this.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
"Thief" has a fob key cut to fit car .. thief hit's button twice and drives off.. you really think the security system is that "**** poor" ? Car must recognize the coded RFID chip in the fob to start. Do the doors lock and unlock with the fob now? If not..you don't have a key "for" the car.. (or it COULD have other issues too) .. Whether "press twice" is performed or not if the RFID chip is correct the car will start. (If there is no other underlying problem.. skreem module).. A little research here would answer every question you have on this.
Shawnkey, 08/06/07. Has those directions to program the Key to the ignition. What am I to believe?

Old 01-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Shawnkey, 08/06/07. Has those directions to program the Key to the ignition. What am I to believe?
You will also find "those directions" in the owners manual.. for replacement of battery in FOB.. you are not actually "Programming" you are syncing the cars security to the FOB for locking and unlocking doors. It has nothing to do with starting the car.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
You will also find "those directions" in the owners manual.. for replacement of battery in FOB.. you are not actually "Programming" you are syncing the cars security to the FOB for locking and unlocking doors. It has nothing to do with starting the car.
Okay...I have no problem accepting faught or failure, I never got this age with thinking I had all the answers LOL. Pray tell what I need to do? This key and switch were bought from EBay used. I have found multiple sequences of how to program this, none have worked. The key does all it's expected to except turn the motor over. Should I get the Engine Control Relay to power up when I turn the switch to start? Would you be able to bridge over the starter?

Last edited by 1951sms; 01-26-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:25 AM

Okay...I have no problem accepting faught or failure, I never got this age with thinking I had all the answers LOL. Pray tell what I need to do? This key and switch were bought from EBay used. I have found multiple sequences of how to program this, none have worked. The key does all it's expected to except turn the motor over. Should I get the Engine Control Relay to power up when I turn the switch to start? Would you be able to bridge over the starter?
The key you purchased on eBay will not start the car and you cannot programme it to do so. It does not match your cars electronic anti theft features.
PLEASE list you problems, the way I see it you need a new key with a chip in it that is matched to your cars original SKREEM, I hope your car has its original SKREEM.
Only the proper chip in a key that fits the ignition will start the car.
Taking the car to the dealer will cost you thousands of dollars if they do not understand the problem, it will still cost thousands even if they do.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:26 AM

The key you purchased on eBay will not start the car and you cannot programme it to do so. It does not match your cars electronic anti theft features.
PLEASE list you problems, the way I see it you need a new key with a chip in it that is matched to your cars original SKREEM, I hope your car has its original SKREEM.
Only the proper chip in a key that fits the ignition will start the car.
Taking the car to the dealer will cost you thousands of dollars if they do not understand the problem, it will still cost thousands even if they do.
I have two fobs, the original and the one that was bought from EBay. The key does everything I expect of one, except operating the starter. I did find a different process of Programming the key to the ignition. Haven’t tried it yet😐. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WITH ME. I tried to send the picture of the diagram that put me on the right track with the RCM. I appreciate your help 🤗🤗🤗

Last edited by 1951sms; 01-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:32 AM

I have two fobs, the original and the one that was bought from EBay. The key does everything I expect of one, except operating the starter. I did find a different process of Programming the key to the ignition. Haven’t tried it yet😐. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WITH ME. I tried to send the picture of the diagram that put me on the right track with the RCM. I appreciate your help 🤗🤗🤗
No matter what you are told you do not listen, I give up.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:50 PM

No matter what you are told you do not listen, I give up.
I hear you, how do I go about finding if I have the right SKREEM? How do I match these things together if I may be able to ask without me upsetting you?

Old 01-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

OK, some definitions first :
crank = engine turns over but does not start
no crank = turn key, engine does not turn over
start = cranks and engine catches

so now :
no crank = RCM failure or totally dead battery or battery ground problem or burnt out starter or bad pulse module
crank = no ignition or fuel ( out of gas, bad fuel pump, clogged filter or bad CPS ( crankshaft position sensor )
start = if engine runs only 2 seconds or so, then you try again with same 2 seconds, then on third try no crank, then you have a bad SKREEM

Hope this helps

Old 01-27-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
OK, some definitions first :
crank = engine turns over but does not start
no crank = turn key, engine does not turn over
start = cranks and engine catches

so now :
no crank = RCM failure or totally dead battery or battery ground problem or burnt out starter or bad pulse module
crank = no ignition or fuel ( out of gas, bad fuel pump, clogged filter or bad CPS ( crankshaft position sensor )
start = if engine runs only 2 seconds or so, then you try again with same 2 seconds, then on third try no crank, then you have a bad SKREEM

Hope this helps
So, does not crank. I had installed a ground cable to the Motor besides the Frame ground when I put a brand new battery in. So I need to check to see if a Engine Control Relay works or if it has any current coming to it. Have to ck into the Pulse Module.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I understand what you have said, you have the key fob that came with the car, and another one that you bought.
Does the key fob that came with the car start the engine without problems? If not, what happens when you try to start the engine with your original key fob that started your car some time ago?

I believe the key fob you bought recently cannot be expected to start the engine, so set it aside, and let's talk about the things that happen when you try to start your car with the old (original) key fob. If you do this, we will have a less confusing discussion, and (hopefully) a clear idea of what corrective steps to take.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:49 PM

The other day It turned over for about 3 Seconds. I haven’t gotten it to do that again I was using the key. After that I soldered the relay. Don’t know if it is important or not but the Headlight switch has been hanging down with one recepical empty of one plug. There’s a 10 or 12 pins male connection just hanging behind the switch. It doesn’t fit into the switch empty socket. I haven’t found anywhere it goes?

Old 01-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other day It turned over for about 3 Seconds. I haven’t gotten it to do that again I was using the key. After that I soldered the relay. Don’t know if it is important or not but the Headlight switch has been hanging down with one recepical empty of one plug. There’s a 10 or 12 pins male connection just hanging behind the switch. It doesn’t fit into the switch empty socket. I haven’t found anywhere it goes?
Okay, it turned over for 3 seconds using the old (original) key, right? When you say it "turned over", do you mean it cranked but didn't start, or did the engine start & run for 3 seconds?
The headlight switch issue is puzzling! Please operate the headlight switch to see if the headlights and running lights operate correctly. The 10 or 12 pin male connector is a puzzle; maybe members more knowledgeable than I (that is, almost all of the Forum members) will explain that.
Don't be discouraged - We'll get this sorted out!