U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Hi all! Prospective Crossfire owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi all! Prospective Crossfire owner

Thanks gents, I'm very happy with my purchase .

Thanks for the thought Mo, I need a Y and an E for the Chrysler!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM
pct

Originally Posted by Uk Pete

Spent an hour today removing all the crud from the 'ledge' under the rear wheel arches. It was well packed in so glad to get it cleaned out. Can anyone suggest a product to help prevent corrosion in these sort of areas?
Hi Pete i've just done the de-crudding of my rear arches too, once i'd dug them out I gave them a scrub around with a piece of that green plastic pan scourer stuff, then I soaked a piece of rag with some thick gloopy 90w gear oil which i happened to have lying around in the garage and applied a good layer into the inner ledge, i did two applications giving each one about 15 minutes to soak in, then finished off with a handful of grease (wearing those condom gloves) and gave that a good smear around leaving about half an inch of it around the inner ledge.

Its a good idea to stick a couple of carrier bags or rags over the tops of the rear tyres while you do it, but I escaped with just a few random drips.

Ongoing i'll scoop the grease out out and re-apply some fresh stuff every year and hopefully that should look after those area's.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by pct
Hi Pete i've just done the de-crudding of my rear arches too, once i'd dug them out I gave them a scrub around with a piece of that green plastic pan scourer stuff, then I soaked a piece of rag with some thick gloopy 90w gear oil which i happened to have lying around in the garage and applied a good layer into the inner ledge, i did two applications giving each one about 15 minutes to soak in, then finished off with a handful of grease (wearing those condom gloves) and gave that a good smear around leaving about half an inch of it around the inner ledge.

Its a good idea to stick a couple of carrier bags or rags over the tops of the rear tyres while you do it, but I escaped with just a few random drips.

Ongoing i'll scoop the grease out out and re-apply some fresh stuff every year and hopefully that should look after those area's.
Thanks for the gen pct.

I've cleaned them out but haven't treated them as yet, I was thinking of giving the area another scrub and then brushing on Waxoyl which is obviously a more expensive route than you've taken. I had a MK3 Toyota Supra many years ago which bubbled all around the rear arches and I think is a similar design in that area to the Xfire, so this is a priority job for me over the weekend if the weather permits .

Cheers,

Pete.