Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Clint on TPMS Issues

Old 07-26-2020, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts
Default Clint on TPMS Issues

These questions keep coming up:

What sensors work with our cars?
How do I get the tire light to go out?
Why can't my tire dealer handle this - they said they could, but I"m out $1000 and the light is still on.....

Clint (formerly of Chrysler, he was on the engineering team(s) that worked on various safety aspects of the Crossfire and other products at the time) provides the following.
Please download the attached files.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TPMS by Clint.pdf (56.8 KB, 180 views)
File Type: docx
TPMS.docx (21.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 07-26-2020, 01:44 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Clint on TPMS Issues

I got my SRT in 2011 from the US and failed to pass the required safety inspection because of poor treads on the rear wheels, to speed up the process I borrowed two rear wheels from another SRT owner. It passed the test just fine, later I realized that the wheels were set to different TPMS codes to the tire that was on there originally.
My question is why did it not set the red light? I did not disable the TPMS module.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

perhaps the loaner wheels/tires were not driven on long/far enough to trigger the light?

Old 07-26-2020, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Received 886 Likes on 690 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I got my SRT in 2011 from the US and failed to pass the required safety inspection because of poor treads on the rear wheels, to speed up the process I borrowed two rear wheels from another SRT owner. It passed the test just fine, later I realized that the wheels were set to different TPMS codes to the tire that was on there originally.
My question is why did it not set the red light? I did not disable the TPMS module.
Instead of guess, I will wait for Clint to comment.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:32 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I contacted ATEQ TMPS TOOLS USA regarding their ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41 and this was their response:

Sent: July 28, 2021 8:44 AM
To: bluecoupe
Cc: support@ateqtpmsusa.com
Subject: FW: Contact Us en-us

Good morning Mr. Collins, yes the S41 will allow you to program an EZ sensor and perform a relearn on a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire.

Sent: July 28, 2021 8:32 AM
To: ATEQ TPMS Tools - USA <help@supporttpms.com>
Subject: Fwd: Contact Us en-us

OUR ADDRESS HAS CHANGED!

ATEQ TPMS Tools, LC

41144 Vincenti Ct., Novi, MI 48375

c.248-872-4429 | o. 734-838-6119 ext. 113

ateq-tpms.com

Subject

ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41

Hello, will the ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41 work with my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 ? If not, which Ateq TPMS tool will ?
Thanks

Can anyone on this forum confirm this works with our Crossfires?

https://www.tpms.com/ATEQ-Schrader-E...p/s41kit10.htm

Last edited by bluecoupe; 07-29-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I contacted ATEQ TMPS TOOLS USA regarding their ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41 and this was their response:

Sent: July 28, 2021 8:44 AM
Cc: support@ateqtpmsusa.com

Good morning Mr. Collins, yes the S41 will allow you to program an EZ sensor and perform a relearn on a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire.

Sent: July 28, 2021 8:32 AM
To: ATEQ TPMS Tools - USA <help@supporttpms.com>
Subject: Fwd: Contact Us en-us

OUR ADDRESS HAS CHANGED!

ATEQ TPMS Tools, LC

41144 Vincenti Ct., Novi, MI 48375

c.248-872-4429 | o. 734-838-6119 ext. 113

ateq-tpms.com

Subject

ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41

Hello, will the ATEQ Schrader EZ Sensor TPMS Diagnostic Relearn Programming Tool Starter Kit S41 work with my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 ? If not, which Ateq TPMS tool will ?
Thanks

Can anyone on this forum confirm this works with our Crossfires?

https://www.tpms.com/ATEQ-Schrader-E...p/s41kit10.htm
I am guessing he is saying you can clone the sensor and basically it is relearned. The only way to truly program a new sensor is with an actual DRB 3 or a DRB 3 emulator. No one has encountered a TPMS tool that can program a Crossfire.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:14 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 07-29-2021, 05:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I suspect the previous owner did. This mod is all over the forum and Fakebook.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:02 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
I suspect the previous owner did. This mod is all over the forum and Fakebook.
Your suspicions would be wrong. I put the original tires back on and stored the car for the winter. I replaced the tires the next spring, and I run them to this date.
The light came on a few times over the years when the pressure was a little low and it became cold. This spring the light came on with the correct pressure in each tire and I personally disconnected the TPMS module as per the thread by Rudy which by now is all over this forum and FakeBook as you say.

The following users liked this post:
KDW4Him (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 07:25 PM

Ronman, I’m guessing you don’t don’t have any experience using this tool. Maybe someone who has will provide an answer.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

Ronman, I’m guessing you don’t don’t have any experience using this tool. Maybe someone who has will provide an answer.
I bet the person who answered your email has zero experience also. There is nobody that is going to emulate the special software they made for the Crossfire TPMS. Nobody even makes a scan tool that properly reads all the modules for the Crossfire. The only way is to clone your existing sensors or use a DRB 3/emulator plain and simple.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ronman
I bet the person who answered your email has zero experience also. There is nobody that is going to emulate the special software they made for the Crossfire TPMS. Nobody even makes a scan tool that properly reads all the modules for the Crossfire. The only way is to clone your existing sensors or use a DRB 3/emulator plain and simple.
Ronman you win the bet! I contacted Ateq again quoting your response and received the following reply:

Sent: August 2, 2021 8:30 AM

Good morning Mr. Collins. The dealers are correct that an OE tool is required to perform the relearn on this vehicle (pair new sensor IDs with the vehicle’s ECU). As far as the programing of sensors is concerned the S41 can both create (assign a unique ID and protocol) and copy sensors.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:41 AM
Forum Regular

Ronman you win the bet! I contacted Ateq again quoting your response and received the following reply:

Sent: August 2, 2021 8:30 AM

Good morning Mr. Collins. The dealers are correct that an OE tool is required to perform the relearn on this vehicle (pair new sensor IDs with the vehicle’s ECU). As far as the programing of sensors is concerned the S41 can both create (assign a unique ID and protocol) and copy sensors.
Sorry you got that response I wasn't trying to win. Your best bet is either to clone your existing sensors or buy the Chinese micropod and have a DRB 3 emulator that will let you read all the existing modules and you can program your tire sensors anytime you want. I'm on my 3rd set of sensors (including the originals) and the DRB 3 emulator works and is pretty easy to use. Rockauto has the 20028 Schrader sensors at a low price whenever they have them in stock and they are not old stock either (those have to be programmed and cannot be cloned).

Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm experiencing an issue with my TPMS. light on, replaced all four 3 years ago. All tire pressures are at 35. Can the TPMS tool that the "stealerships" have for programming our system be used to detect a weak or failing tire sensor? This is on the blk SRT.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post957514
The link above I feel is decently informative. To my knowledge your local tire store can tell if a sensor is transmitting. If it is not is when the options of Schrader or Autel come into play.
If it is OEM you seek I have that listed as well.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Clint on TPMS Issues

I disabled the light and used the tire stem monitors ( red-yello green ) that show low pressure, it gets checked often enough that this works for me. Batteries and sensors are an unwanted expense. On my RAM I had the aluminum stems rot out-leak and used standard rubber stems, solving that issue. I work on my cars and years ago this was not a problem, now a costly dealer feature that has minimal value versus the cost. Woody

The following users liked this post:
GraphiteGhost (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
I disabled the light and used the tire stem monitors ( red-yello green ) that show low pressure, it gets checked often enough that this works for me. Batteries and sensors are an unwanted expense. On my RAM I had the aluminum stems rot out-leak and used standard rubber stems, solving that issue. I work on my cars and years ago this was not a problem, now a costly dealer feature that has minimal value versus the cost. Woody

Ditto on the bypass!