All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
You know.. if you used high temp BBQ paint.. undo 4 screws and you could be "da man".. at an open fire hamburger cook out..

Looking forward to seeing your work..
Only if I am frying Canadian bacon.....lol.... Next weekend...we will do the install...they turned out really good...

Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Only if I am frying Canadian bacon.....lol.... Next weekend...we will do the install...they turned out really good...
Here is a few tips on using the grille as a grill. LOL

I think this first one is real good.

Use this idea if you want to save your grille.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hillbilly BBQ.jpg (12.7 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg
Hillbilly BBQ-2.jpg (46.9 KB, 242 views)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I just found time to re-flash my ECU with the Eurocharged tune file . . .
W O W ! !
That final step makes it worth all the time, effort and money I spent on performance modifications. I'm VERY HAPPY!
It's like driving a little ROCKET SHIP!!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
You know it looked good from the drivers seat.. but that angle makes me think I'll go take another look.. Just locked the sleeve in and slid the stereo into place..

Edit: Further inspection reveals the bezel surround is on a taper.. the stereo sleeve and HU itself fits squared off to the opening.. No big deal and sounds better even with just a right-left setup for now..
I have been wanting to replace factory stereo,any suggestion and does it sound better than stock unit? Oh yea is mine the only one that changes station by itself?

Old 12-29-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Here is a few tips on using the grille as a grill. LOL

I think this first one is real good.

Use this idea if you want to save your grille.

See what I mean......

Old 12-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Red ragtop
I have been wanting to replace factory stereo,any suggestion and does it sound better than stock unit? Oh yea is mine the only one that changes station by itself?
Go with a name you know and trust.. and just get all the features you want for it. Blue tooth.. usb etc. and yes the sound improvement is there, especially with the frequency pass through variables.

You can wire up from the new units speaker leads, or get one with 4v RCA output. There's plenty of threads on the install. Most common "error" is the blue amp turn on lead position in the adapter harness.

I just did a quick install for now, but intend to come back and break the wiring out at the amp inputs for a true 4 channel control. I did this on mine and the ability to front / rear fade is worth the extra time.

If you can't "deal" with a black faced stereo, you will have to go marine grade to get the silver, which works fine still. We put this unit in the corvette last summer and wife loves the ability to change button display colors, which you can match to the normal green of the dash lights. She leaves it in demo for the color rainbow.. Was a nice Christmas surprise for her..

Old 12-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by FP
Being that I recently bought my coupe, I changed the oil today, and installed new struts on the trunk lid. I got a pretty good deal on the Mobil1 oil at Farm & Fleet; $5.29 per Qt.
FP: Is Farm & Fleet a national chain or just local in your area? The best price I can get on Mobil 1 is 7.74 per quart. Carl

Old 12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by carl graham
FP: Is Farm & Fleet a national chain or just local in your area? The best price I can get on Mobil 1 is 7.74 per quart. Carl
Check at your local Wal-Mart . . . They recently started carrying the Mobil1 0W-40 synthetic oil and have a great price on the 5 qt jugs! (comes out to right around $5.25 a quart)

Old 12-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Check at your local Wal-Mart . . . They recently started carrying the Mobil1 0W-40 synthetic oil and have a great price on the 5 qt jugs! (comes out to right around $5.25 a quart)
Your're right, Dogman...Called Walley World...and they have it for that price in the 5 gal. jug...Thanks heaps for that cost saving info...Carl

Old 12-29-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Caliper covers? Link, please?
Ordered them from Auto Anything they give a 15% off and take paypal!

Will update when the come in

Old 12-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of Auto Anything...

Old 12-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Never heard of Auto Anything...
Have you heard of Google?

AutoAnything | Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories - Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers

Old 12-29-2013, 06:05 PM

Well, with bad weather predicted for the next 2 weeks, we went ahead and mounted our Canadian BBQ grilles onto the front of the cars today. Took about an hour I quess. Install was easy. Paint matches perfectly on the coupe....not a big deal on the roadster. So, next time Valk has hot dogs, I have the grilles. But, after a few runs down the track, you can just sit them on the top of the s/c. They will have grille marks on them.... carry on... I will put some photos of the before and after later on. Too dark now....

Old 12-30-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I just found time to re-flash my ECU with the Eurocharged tune file . . .
W O W ! !
That final step makes it worth all the time, effort and money I spent on performance modifications. I'm VERY HAPPY!
It's like driving a little ROCKET SHIP!!
I really enjoy reading the post of members who are experiencing the results of a nicely modded SRT for the first time. It is all about making your car the best it can be and in my opinion the results are well worth the money spent. Just wait until you get back to the Dragon and feel how your rocket ship explodes out of the turns. That feeling is priceless.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM

I had the soldering iron out for something else today and remembered the RCM fix, so I went and pulled the RCM and reflowed the solder on those three spots. One looked a little dicey, so it was a good thing I did it. If you haven't done it already, it only takes a couple of minutes to pull the board out of the car and pop the cover off. Easy fix and good peace of mind (especially after I got stranded from that damn crankshaft sensor that went TU on me.)

Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Pulled it out from a warm garage and took it for a drive
Roads were dry and with a outside temp at 11 degrees the CAI is really pulling in COLD air.
Watch the air intake temp drop on my Ultraguage as I accelerate
Also ya can hear the sweet sound of the Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust

Old 01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

I'm with Valk, just got back from a 30 mile jaunt. A little warmer here (40 degrees F), partly sunny and no snow or salt on the ground. Of course that all changes tomorrow with more snow on the way, so it was today or who knows when. Today was the first time out of the garage since the end of October.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Well, started the roadster to let her warm, and found the coupe dead... Should have pulled the braille battery, as it didn't seem to like being on a tender. May not get it back. Trying to slow charge it, but not much luck so far...so may be done. No luck with these little batteries. I am going back to full size. Hopefully I can find my receipt and they will warranty it. Bummer.
Update: I used the rubber mount for my Dashdaq/zeitronics, as it got cold in the garage, it fell off the windshield and turned itself on, which led to the dead battery. I jumped started the car and found it on. Turned it off, let the car run awhile after taking the jumpers off. As soon as I turned the dashdaq back on, it killed the car. Battery was dead, down to 5 volts. She will not hold more than 5 volts after charging for hrs. Got to be careful not to leave anything on while charging...lesson learned. I usually unhook them, but got lazy this year...

Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 PM

Well my Crossfire is in the garage covered with blankets to keep sawdust off. I drive her on dry days. They use salt and gravel here when it snows so can't drive her on those days. I would like to post a photo...still trying to figure out how.

hotwheels

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Put an interstate in the coupe for now. Braille is replacing the battery. I will just use it on race days from now on. Unplugged the dashdaq...lol. Lesson learned. I need a Rudy mount for the dashdaq.....hint....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?