Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Finally going to get a crossfire

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

what?!?! what a bunch of d*cks is that the one you have posted here in this thread or is it another?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Easley15
Wellp I got screwed we went to a guy in Atlanta (4 hours away) and they told us yeah come look at the car but Long story short they didn't have the car and we are driving back empty handed
Dude - that is a blessing in disguise and the Big Guy upstairs looking out for you. For the seller to play off the gap at the headlight and the Tach needle problems like they were no big deal, saved you some bucks - he (the seller) was an idiot (a V8-REALLY??). Like everyone else has said, take your time - there are plenty out there that are in good shape that are still within your budget. If you are itching to get a sports car that you will have to fix regularly, get a mid 2000 Camaro. At least the repair costs will be somewhat less expensive.

The first Xfire I looked at to buy was 3 hours away. Found it on Craigslist. I chatted with the guy several times on email to make sure it was in good condition and had no problems. I hadn't found this forum yet to get educated, but when I got there, I saw some glaring problems with the car ... that he had described as a cream puff. Once I pointed out the problems, he called me an a$$-hole and accused me of wasting his time - yeah HIS time. I spent 6 hours on the road (round trip) and had nothing to show for it. Two days later, the SRT I now own showed up on on Cars.com for not much more than the N/A I had looked at.

Things will work out - don't get discouraged.

RL

Here's one in Monroe that has been up for sale since early Feb. Might be willing to deal ... ?
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3644295723.html

Last edited by RL67037; 02-27-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Added link to car
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular

Ill post the whole story tonight it wasn't the crappy one it was a dealer ill fill in later

Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hang in there. I negotiated for an SRT6 for two months, the day I called and said I'd be down for it, he told me, sorry, he sold it yesterday. The next day, the SRT6 I now own showed up on Cargurus.com with less mileage and brand new tires for the same $, owned by a dealer and well maintained. Good things are around the corner.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ill post the whole story tonight it wasn't the crappy one it was a dealer ill fill in later
Had a feeling it was.. "hey dang we just sold that an hour ago".. too bad it was a 4 hour drive.. but long as your here look at this great S10 pickup we got on sale.. and I'll knock another $200 off for you! "

Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Forum Regular

Ok so i am home now and tired!! So here is the story we were planning on going to see the crossfire i mentioned earlier but last second we changed our mind due to all the things that you all were saying. So we planned to head from Columbia SC to Acworth GA which is a 4 hour drive one way... so before we left we called and said that we were coming down from SC to look at it and asked what time they closed and if we got there at 6 would that be ok the guy said yeah that would be fine then we asked about the condition and he said its a fairly new car to the lot and he didnt know much about it so he would give it a test drive and call back so we said ok and then we left to head to there and we get there and he still hadnt called... i looked around the lot and realized that the car wasnt there. I walked inside and said hey Im shawn i called earlier about the crossfire and the guy looked like he saw a ghost. they proceeded to apologize to me and tell me how sorry they were and the car was in the shop for a "key reprogram". So i said well can i still see the car and they kind of hesitated and said yeah then i followed them down to the dealer. We got there and went to service. The girl that we followed from the dealership intoduced her self to the service guys and they had a confused look on there face. We told them our story how we came from columbia and we were wanting to buy the car. The guy was like well its not ready and we said cant you quickly program the key? the guy told us basically that it wasnt the key and that they have had the car since Saturday and it wont start........ so basically the guys lied to us and cost us 200 dollars in fuel and food so im kind of pissed

Thank yall for all of your inspirational comments they have helped me keep my head up!!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 PM

Offer 2 grand less than asking to flat bed it out of there! Just tow it to a tv repair shop that can solder.. LOL. RCM fix time..

Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Offer 2 grand less than asking to flat bed it out of there! Just tow it to a tv repair shop that can solder.. LOL. RCM fix time..
Haha lets just say i wasnt thinking clearly

Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 PM

Haha lets just say i wasnt thinking clearly
As long as it wasn't two tries to start and nothing till battery was disconnected.. then that one would make you skreem.. LOL.

But if they got nothing at they key when trying to crank.... even after battery cable "reset".. odds are good on the RCM .

Your call but if they been staring at it since Saturday..

Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Forum Regular

Is this one close?

04 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Red 78000Miles

Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

Originally Posted by RL67037
yeah it is actually im going to consider that one if the one im looking at tomorrow doesnt work out! thank you for looking for me!!! you all are so helpful!

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Forum Regular
Question Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
As long as it wasn't two tries to start and nothing till battery was disconnected.. then that one would make you skreem.. LOL.

But if they got nothing at they key when trying to crank.... even after battery cable "reset".. odds are good on the RCM .

Your call but if they been staring at it since Saturday..
no the key actually would turn on all electronics it just wouldnt start the engine like it wouldnt do anything....

Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 AM

Yep.. if they wanted to get rid of it bad enough.. be worth looking into.. "typical" RCM ... battery disconnect and test again would let you know if it was skreem module.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

offer them $2k less plus shipping it to you on their dime

Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM

to bad im not closer to SC i would personally come thereto help ya out...

Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
to bad im not closer to SC i would personally come thereto help ya out...
Yeah finding a car is proving to be harder than I thought because I'm being really picky but ill find it sooner or later!! Appreciate the thought though!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Yeah finding a car is proving to be harder than I thought because I'm being really picky but ill find it sooner or later!! Appreciate the thought though!
Many of us here have had to drive to find the perfect XF. Nearly three years ago, I knew exactly what I wanted for the my second XF, a graphite metallic with a 6 speed and 2 tone gray interior. Took me a little while to find it, and had to have some friends around the country go check out some cars for me, but that is what this place is for. I have gone to see no less than 6-7 cars for other members over the years and many are happy to do it.

Let us know if there is something you are seriously after and we can probably save you some time

If you are only looking at the most inexpensive cars out there, I have a feeling you are going to find quality to match the price - as others have said, it can be an expensive acr to fix, hell tires and an oil change will be north of $1K...