Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

The actual emails I got from Chrysler tonight.....

Old 12-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The actual emails I got from Chrysler tonight...

So you think by contacting Chrysler you'll get the help you are seeking? That is so funny, never happen... read these replies to my emails I sent to Chrysler concerning my complaints (ref the thread "Dealership sticks it to me on Crossfire...")... Here are the two emails I got from Chrysler, only edited to remove my identity:

1st email:
Thank you for contacting DaimlerChrysler concerning your dissatisfaction with your Chrysler Crossfire.I regret your dissatisfaction in your DaimlerChrysler product, or
quality of your product, and appreciate the time and effort you took to bring this matter to my attention. Comments like yours are one way to learn of problems that may develop and improvements desired by customers. The information received is used in product development and quality analysis.
DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation has made tremendous gains in customer
satisfaction and vehicle quality. Apparently, your expectations have not been met. Please accept my apology for the problems you have experienced.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact DaimlerChrysler concerning
your dissatisfaction with your Chrysler Crossfire.

Sincerely,
Cynthia
Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email system. If you have a need to respond to this message, please visit us at our reply
form (link provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this address

2nd email:
Thank you for your recent email regarding your sales concerns.
As much as I would like to be of assistance, the circumstances in this matter prevent me from doing so. DaimlerChrysler Motors dealers are independent businesses, and as such are responsible for addressing concerns directly related to their sales departments, including their personnel. DaimlerChrysler Motors has no authority to resolve disputes
involving retail sales agreements between an independent dealer and their retail customer. I would suggest you pursue the matter directly with dealership management.

Your dissatisfaction is regrettable, and I trust you will understand our
position. I hope this experience will not cause you to misjudge our products. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. Information received from customers enables better evaluation of dealers' sales activities. Your complaint will be retained in the dealer's file.

Thank you again for your email.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email system. If
you have a need to respond to this message, please visit us at our reply
form (link provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails
at this address.

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER:
REPLY LINK:

Sincerely,
Kristen
Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center

Yes can call or email the Chrysler Rep. - good people, but got not pull - Hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 12-10-2005 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: The actual emails I got from Chrysler tonight...

That's great, I got the same thing too!!! Chrysler must be turning into wal-mart, Sell a car made overseas, and throw customer service right out the door. But they already got our $$$ so why should they care, right?

Old 12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Forum Regular

Yes to get anything done after purchase you must kiss the dealership's feet, Chrysler will not help you. I am stuck, now all I can do is suck it up and live with the problems. Other then that I cut my own throat and give the Crossfire back to the finance company.

**** poor hooah...

Old 12-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...I'm telling you, you've got to complain to the local BBB and Chamber of Commerce. If your problems were related to the design of the product, DaimlerChrysler would have a lot more pull. But, the rock chips and door dent on your car happened after the car was sold to the dealership. At that point, it was out of their control. Try forwarding your complaint per my recommendation. Maybe even get an attorney involved. I wish you were not going through this crap, because otherwise I think you would be thrilled to own and drive this car.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:01 PM

These are the same two responses that I received from Chrysler for actual material defects...see my other post about lemon law... The last correspondence from the "senior staff representative" encouraged me to lemon law the car...WTF? Are they trying to get out of their 5 year contract with Karmann? Then to add insult to injury, the chrysler rep had to "drive" my vehicle and was "unable to replicate any of the mentioned faults" despite two master techs and the service manager all documenting them...I am going to make them repair every friggin fault on the car for a year (complete with rental) and then lemon law it...after they put at least 18K into it in repairs.

~ Jess

Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 PM

I have one suggestion that may or may not help you. I can only speak from personal experience with GM. I had a problem, the dealer was outstanding, the car crap. I wanted another car, but the dealer was hamstrung by GM, whose policy was to keep fixing it (most likely until the customer screamed, "enough" and traded it). Long story short...I went to the Library and looked up,"Who's Who in American Business" (I believe that was the title). I looked up the name and HOME address for the CEO of GM at the time. I sat down and wrote a very polite letter, explaining all of my problems (car's transmission), and my simple desire to have the car replaced with one equipped with a manual. I also praised the dealer for all of the work he had done, to include replacing the transmission with one from a car he had in stock, after several repairs proved fruitless. The new transmission had the same problem, collapsing clutch plates.

I mailed the letter, Certified, with a Return Receipt. He received the letter, at his home, as I did get the receipt back. We all know he would never have seen the letter if I had mailed it to his office address.

Ten days after mailing it I received a call from the dealer. He said, he didn't know what I had done, but GM Corporate had authorized him to replace my car with anything of equal value in his inventory. If there was nothing I liked, he would order a new car, using an executive code he was given and delivery would be in two to three weeks. I ended up ordering a duplicate car, but with the five speed in lieu of the auto. The car was delivered as promised, and it was perfect. Hmmm,they can build them right.

I am not sure you can even locate the home address for the DC CEO in the U.S., in order to send him a letter, due to so many privacy concerns, but it may be worth the effort. You never know what a letter to him will result in. Having been through this, I understand your frustrations, and it is a shame we have to go to such extremes in order to simply get what we paid for, especially at these prices.

Good Luck! Sorry for the long post...

John

Old 12-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think juddz has a point. I hammer the dealer and any consumer agencies I could find in your area.
Cobra 953 - I had a problem with a '79 Corvette bought new. The car stalled out when cold whenever you turned a corner. The dealer had it at least a week out of every month I owned it. In August (delivered in March after a 16 week wait) I got mad enough to walk into the dealership and toss the keys on the sales manger's desk. He was nasty so I decided to call Detroit. I got one of their VP's on the phone, I was amazed. Within 10 minutes of my call the dealership called me back, gave me a car to drive while they figured it out. If it wasn't fixed in a week I got my money back or a trade in for what I paid for the car. It was a float in the carb.
Firebase D - sorry about your problems but juddz is right they didn't happen on the manufacturing end of things. That said it doesn't make it not a problem. I lean on the dealer or any other DC reps I could get a hold of.

Pat

Old 12-10-2005, 05:00 PM

Patpur, agreed. I went through this a couple of years ago with Ford. They bent over backwards to keep me FROM lemon law-ing the car...I don't understand DC's push to lemon law the car. All I want is to not get screwed in my trade in...

~ Jess

Old 12-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by juddz
...I'm telling you, you've got to complain to the local BBB and Chamber of Commerce.
That is my next move.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:25 AM

I think this position is what all the manufacturers seem to practice.
Ie: the manufacturer/finance co. and dealer all point the finger at each other to dodge the issue.
Volvo tried the same tactic stating they have no relationship with the dealers that sell their autos. How about that for bureaucratic bs -

Old 12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got similar responses from Chrysler... "thank you for your letter", "dealers are independent," etc., etc. They provide a link that enables you to reply. The problem is, the links don't work - I repeatedly tried them for several days (server times out).