Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Arrow Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California? I only ever see a lot of Midwest and Southern states cited. I have other classic cars, but would really like to take my SRT-6 out to some shows, but would be cool to see others along side it as a tour de force. I would love to hear of any.

Once the weather warms up a bit I might take my SRT-6 over to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank some Friday night, but suspect it'll get stink-eye for not being "old enough" even though it's more rare with much lower production numbers than most of the Chevelles, Camaros, BelAirs, Fairlanes, Falcons, Darts, and Mustangs that haunt the joint.

I was recently at the Los Angeles Classic Car Auto show at the downtown Los Angeles Convention Center, and there were a couple of car-clubs there with makes/models no older than our Crossfires. They were unique cars, but many were much higher-production cookie-cutter stuff, and surely nothing special compared to the SRT-6 in power/performance or rarity. In the Modern/European/Asian sections of the show, there were such 10 to 15-year old examples of Civics, Celicas, M3s, 240SX, modern Mustangs, as well as Vipers, Corvettes and such that were no better and nearly not as interesting as the Crossfire.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

A few years ago there were 7 or 8 San Diego and LA Crossies that used to meet at the Cars and Coffee in OC. I haven't heard from any of them for several years now. I used to see 6 or 7 Crossfires a week here in SD. Now I'm lucky to see 1 or 2 a month. If there are any SoCal Crossfires that would like to get together please let me know. Tomorrow I'm heading to the Carlsbad Cars and Coffee. I am always the only Crossfire there. I always end up with a small crowd around my car. 2004 SSB Coupe. All stock and original. People can't believe the shine on the paint and wheels. The clear coat they used is one of the best I have ever seen. The rear tires are only thing not stock. 275x35x19, gives the car a nasty don't mess with me stance.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:54 PM

Good to hear; do you get stink-eye or negative comments about not being a "pre-73" and a modern vehicle at such a show?

I've got plenty of classic cars that are pre-73, but the few times I took my 1990 Jaguar XJS with an LS-4 V8 conversion to a few of these, it seemed to be the bane of the show - (mind you, there was a 1972 240Z LS1 conversion there too getting nothing but accolades and praise.) That usually subsided once people realized what was under the hood but it took a lot of "but wait, there's more" moments.

Not that I care what anyone else thinks, just curious as to how people are receptive of our cars. Considering my SRT-6 is more rare in production numbers (and often faster) than most any pre-73 Chevelle, Camaro, Mustang, or other Mopars, I find it funny anyone would find fault with its presence especially when I see modern Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, and Chargers at these shows.

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 05-12-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might try posting on West Coast Crossfires or Northwest Crossfire Club as the members are from all the western States and BC. Good group of people and I am sure you will find someone. You could always join us in Boise Idaho for the next Northwest Crossfire Club scheduled meet!!
WCC https://www.facebook.com/groups/360743280628821/
NWCC https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nort...sfireClubNWCC/

Old 05-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a number of us in Northern California that would be willing to travel to Southern California for car shows with enough advance warning. Also, you are welcome to venture north as well. The Northwest group is super nice and a lot of fun to travel with.

Eric

Old 07-05-2018, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Im Joe and I am a new Crossfire owner...only a month old, living in LA County. Mary Rose...that’s her name...is a 2005 Roadster Limited Convertible, Blue/Silver with the Charcoal / Red leather interior. She has 55K original miles. She’s in good shape and quite the looker.

I love cruising Mary Rose down Hollywood Boulevard at night...top down and getting a whole different perspective of the sites of Hollywood. Then it’s down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. I enjoy the looks she gets when I pull up next to some of the more “luxurious” cars found in The Hills. During the day I enjoy taking her to the beaches of Long, Huntington, Newport and Laguna. I’ve learned about sun screen. Lol. 😜

So Im down to getting together with other Crossfire owners, putting the tops down and cruising The OC, San Diego, LA, Burbank and the Santa Monica Pier.

I’ve included a pic of Mary Rose checking out the waves of Laguna Beach earlier this summer. Sunning herself along Laguna Beach, 6/2018.
Sitting pretty in downtown Covina.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome to the Crossfire family . . . Contact your local group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163428650524426/

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-06-2018 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:58 PM

Hi folks... as an update to this; last month I took one of my other classic-cars to the Petersen Auto Museum monthly "Breakfast Club Cruise-In" meet they do on usually the last Sunday of the month in the morning, 8:00AM - 12:00PM (but you want to get there around 7:00 AM for a good spot on the main floor). It was a lot of fun, lots of rare classic cars and hot-rods, even Jay Leno and his filming crew showed up, which I guess is a regular thing.

However, it wasn't solely relegated to classic-cars. There were a lot of modern "muscle-cars" in general, but there were certainly a good deal of unique modern AMG Mercedes, Porsches, decked out BMWs, Honda S2000s, 350Z's, Miatas, and other "tuner" cars parked in groups - but not one Crossfire in the bunch.

Realizing that, I was thinking to myself that my mint SRT-6 would have fit right in at this show along-side the AMG/GT stuff, and even be a show highlight to both spectrum of the crowd; I'm quite sure both the classic-car lovers and the modern high-end showings would appreciate seeing up-close the rarity and engine-bay of the Crossfire SRT-6.

While they often do "themed" show events to highlight certain makes/models or types each month, such as a '50's Shoebox weekend, Porsche weekend, Corvette weekend, etc., it's never exclusive. It's an everything goes kind of show, and when I last went, I was parked next to a 1955 Bel Aire on one side, a Ford GT-40 on the other, a 1969 Mercury Cougar behind me, and a 1950's Facel Vega on the other side, with an AMC Gremlin X, a 1970 Datsun 240Z, a new Mercedes GT, and others in proximity.
With that in mind, anyone interested in hitting any of the up-coming shows as a group of Crossfires? While the November show will likely be lame because it's Thanksgiving weekend, and it appears they are doing a "special invite" show anyway, maybe some of us Southern California Crossfire owners appear at future "Breakfast Club Cruise-In" shows en masse. It would be great to at least get about a half-dozen parked in a line.

The show has big wide parking spaces, free bagels and coffee, and was simply a good group of people talking cars.

Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036 United

https://www.petersen.org/events/2019...club-cruise-in

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 11-02-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:25 PM

I ended up doing the 11/24/2019 show at the Petersen Auto Museum anyway. Lower turn-out than usual, likely because that's a big travel day for the approaching holiday week, but it was still a beautiful day, with plenty of amazing cars.

Here's 'Blue' out there representing our Crossfire mystique in SRT-6 form:

Name:  Y7am1itl.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  KpEIBV9l.jpg
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  rKKg4Zpl.jpg
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  Z6SiqWzl.jpg
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 12-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

Well kept car. Next time push the button on the hood strut to fully open the hood; It usually draws a few comments just on it's own.
Thanks for the showing!

Old 10-26-2020, 04:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aquaman, I know it's been a while but if you're still out there....why do your pics looks so clean and clear? Real camera? She's real sweet.

Last edited by Hawker; 10-27-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:28 AM
Post Re: Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

There is a big Mopar ONLY show this weekend in Woodley Park, Van Nuys, CA if anyone is interested. Both Saturday and Sunday, and since photos from prior years show plenty of late model Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, Prowlers, and PT Cruisers, I don't see why our Crossfires, and especially SRT-6 variants, would not also be welcome. Would be nice to have others there to represent our faction.

There is a fee to enter a car in the show and/or just to park within, free to spectators - but it's now in its 35th year and quite large - may be worth it.

Supposedly many rare cars show up; Jay Leno was there last year with his Chrysler Turbine car. Also vendors, food trucks, and parts-swaps/sellers.

I know it's 11th hour to announce/post this now, but I only found out about it myself this afternoon. I may make the drive to go; and apparently it's OK to just show up and pay/register at the gate (gates open at 7:00am).

LINK TO THE SPRING FLING MOPAR SHOW IS HERE - LINK TO PDF FLIER BELOW THAT:

Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling

http://www.socalcarculture.com/Image...pringFling.pdf

Wish I had known about it sooner: would have been great to corral a Crossfire only group to line up and enter the gates together, to park in the same area of the show.

Our cars are seriously under-represented at shows like this, and my 17-year old SRT-6 is more rare, more classic, and faster (or as fast) than a lot of other common classic or modern Mopars that clog these shows.

--

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 04-23-2022 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Heli-Cal Blue
Our cars are seriously under-represented at shows like this, and my 17-year old SRT-6 is more rare, more classic, and faster (or as fast) than a lot of other common classic or modern Mopars that clog these shows.

--
You can say THAT again.
And with YOUR car, many will walk up and ask, "What the hell Chrysler is THAT?" I love it when I get that question.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

~ I happened upon a lone Crossfire at a car show today in Belleview,Fl not far from The Villages,Fl. It was nice looking, yellow in color low mileage. The owner had never heard of this forum, I told him about it, he wrote it down and will probably become a new member soon. He also owns an 05 Aero Blue SRT6 he showed me a picture of. I was driving the ssb srt and it wasnt in "clean" enough shape to enter it into the show. I showed him the second stage of our lift supports that he was unaware of....there's a lil "grin factor"...Peace

Old 04-23-2022, 07:31 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquaman1nj
Hi, Im Joe and I am a new Crossfire owner...only a month old, living in LA County. Mary Rose...that’s her name...is a 2005 Roadster Limited Convertible, Blue/Silver with the Charcoal / Red leather interior. She has 55K original miles. She’s in good shape and quite the looker.

I love cruising Mary Rose down Hollywood Boulevard at night...top down and getting a whole different perspective of the sites of Hollywood. Then it’s down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. I enjoy the looks she gets when I pull up next to some of the more “luxurious” cars found in The Hills. During the day I enjoy taking her to the beaches of Long, Huntington, Newport and Laguna. I’ve learned about sun screen. Lol. 😜

So Im down to getting together with other Crossfire owners, putting the tops down and cruising The OC, San Diego, LA, Burbank and the Santa Monica Pier.

I’ve included a pic of Mary Rose checking out the waves of Laguna Beach earlier this summer. Sunning herself along Laguna Beach, 6/2018.
Sitting pretty in downtown Covina.
Always liked this color combo - same as the Crossfire Concept.

Old 04-23-2022, 11:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks great! I'm sure it gets more than a few stares!

Old 04-24-2022, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
You can say THAT again.
And with YOUR car, many will walk up and ask, "What the hell Chrysler is THAT?" I love it when I get that question.
I DID hit the show today after all - great show, lots of fun, a beautiful day, and as expected: I was the only Crossfire there.

With all the modern Challengers, Chargers, 300's and Magnums that appear, even a few PT Cruisers (surprisingly, not a single Dodge Viper) - the SRT-6 fit right in, even if the only one. Got lots of the "what's this?" questions which made for good conversation, even from many who knew of the Crossfire, they revealed never knew about the "supercharged" variation SRT-6 which opened some eyes and stoked new interest in Crossfires.

And yes, I got the question from one guy if I made the custom strut to make my hood stand straight up.

A real benefit of the show; I found a genuine NOS vendor that had a Mopar original oil filter in an un-opened box for $10.00 - always a plus.

Name:  EUDJYNGl.jpg
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  lQLxaRkl.jpg
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  W8XnAk4l.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  H1yNGNpl.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  86.0 KB

Name:  qjXJPjrl.jpg
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  Emjqpill.jpg
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  RNrsAybl.jpg
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  DeVppuSl.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  u1PJc5ul.jpg
Size:  69.0 KB

----

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 04-28-2022 at 07:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hawker (04-24-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 07:09 PM
Exclamation Re: Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

FYI - They will be doing this show again as their "Mopar Fall Fling" on Saturday 10/22/2022 - same place, Woodley Park, Van Nuys, CA.

When it gets closer, or they post the actual details on their website, I'll start a separate thread to see if we can muster at least a few more Crossfires at the show come October, than just myself.

-----