Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

I received a letter from Chrysler, dtd 7 Sep 11 stating the replacement and extended warranty on the top, but there are no numbers except my VIN #. It just so happens that I actually fixed mine myself a few months ago and it seems to be holding just fine.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Originally Posted by stlas69
confirming note I just got, I'm in IL

Dear Mark:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center in
regards to your 2005 Crossfire Convertible.

As of September 2011, a warranty extension has been placed on Back Glass
Adhesion/Backlite Covers on select 2005 MY Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
Convertible vehicles. This warranty extension is for 10 years or 100,000
miles (whichever occurs first) per the original In-Service Date of the
vehicle.

This Warranty Extension applies only to 2005 Chrysler Crossife Roadster
Convertibles shipped to dealers in the following states:

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisana, Missouri, North Carolina, South
Carolina, Tennessee, Texas

As your vehicle was not shipped to a Dealership within the above States,
it does not fall under the Extended Warranty.

If you are currently experiencing an issue you feel may be related to
this component, we advise speaking further with your authorized
Dealership for further diagnosis and attention.

Thanks again for your email, Mark.
stlas69,

Sorry you got such a stupid reply. It should not matter what state your car was shipped to. In many cases, these tops are failing 5 years latter...and recently in july...many states other than the ones mentioned had 100+ degree weather!!

I am in that catagory here in Pennsylvania.

Can you tell me who you sent your original letter to? Also, could you tell me what you said in your letter?

I am definitely fighting this.

Thanks...Ben

Old 09-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Wooooo Hoooo. My daughter got a check today from Chrysler for the cost of putting the top on the car. The top was replaced under warranty, but I had to cover the cost of installation. $487.00 Excellent. My check should be coming shortly.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular

11th character- Identifies the assembly plant for the vehicle.

I expect all our CFs will have an "X" in the 11th position.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 AM
svo
Forum Regular

Just heard from the dealership today and was offered the option of paying $500 for a convertible hardtop.

Oops... sorry, I forgot April fools is 6 months away. But honestly, the dealership told me my new top should
be in Friday or early next week. I have no idea what state my car was originally shipped to - I am in California, and the window just came out about 3 weeks ago.

JUST WONDERING... since the warranty has been extended on the back glass, does that mean that we will be able to get a free rental as was the case when the car was under warranty?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by svo

JUST WONDERING... since the warranty has been extended on the back glass, does that mean that we will be able to get a free rental as was the case when the car was under warranty?
Yes. I was given a new Dodge Charger for the day. So don't let 'em BS ya'.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by NiceGuy
I have a '05 crossfire roadster. I received a letter from Chrysler telling me my car rear window warranty had been extended 10 years and 10,000 miles. It instructed me that, if I had already had the "problem" (which I had, and a local chrysler dealer replaced my top to to tune of $2,300) I could send in the paperwork for a reimbursement.

I should add that I had the top replaced in 2009.

I did so and am hoping for the best.
Just to let everyone know, the check from Chrysler arrived the other day for the full amount, $2,301 and change.

If your car is covered, they are taking care of it quickly. Crossing my fingers for the other model years and states shipped.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Just got a call, my top is in. will be taking it in next week.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Forum Regular

I have an appointment to take my crossfire in for the top. I hope they have the parts and can start on the repair this week.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular

Took the Crossfire to Allen Samuels Chrysler today. They ordered my convertible top, but it will take approx 7 days to come in. They said that they just did a top the other day and it takes about 1 day to complete. I'm a little less anxious seeing that they have some experience doing this repair now. Owners should chime in about the quality of work done after the repair to help steer owners to or away from dealers.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by noles
Took the Crossfire to Allen Samuels Chrysler today. They ordered my convertible top, but it will take approx 7 days to come in. They said that they just did a top the other day and it takes about 1 day to complete. I'm a little less anxious seeing that they have some experience doing this repair now. Owners should chime in about the quality of work done after the repair to help steer owners to or away from dealers.
That's a great idea Noles....I have been watching this thread to see if anyone in my area has had their top done, as I'm a little worried about the quality of the install. If anyone in the Fort Myers, Florida area has had their top replaced by Chrysler I'd really like to get some feedback as to where they took it and how it turned out.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 05-crsfire
That's a great idea Noles....I have been watching this thread to see if anyone in my area has had their top done, as I'm a little worried about the quality of the install. If anyone in the Fort Myers, Florida area has had their top replaced by Chrysler I'd really like to get some feedback as to where they took it and how it turned out.
Doing the same here, we've had our letter for a while, just waiting to see who'll be first in the OKC area.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM

My SRT was sold new in Minnesota, where I bought it after being traded back to the original dealer. I bought it from that dealer and brought it back to Massachusetts.
So far, no signs of any problems with the window at all.
I wonder what Chryslers rationale is when identifying problem cars via where they were sold new.

Cars move all over the country after being sold new!

The only thing I could think of is, the cars when new sat outside on dealers lots for a extended period of time. Possibly the fairly new adhesive combined with the 100+ degree temps. for long periods compromised the long term holding ability of the adhesive.

If cars outside those specified states begin to fail, I can't see how Chrysler can deny them a fix.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 05-crsfire
Just had our top replaced at dealer (Galeana Chrysler) in Fort Myers, Looks great!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Doing the same here, we've had our letter for a while, just waiting to see who'll be first in the OKC area.
Don't wait too long in case Chrysler runs out of $$.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
Wooooo Hoooo. My daughter got a check today from Chrysler for the cost of putting the top on the car. The top was replaced under warranty, but I had to cover the cost of installation. $487.00 Excellent. My check should be coming shortly.
I got my check today,,,,,, wooo hoooooo $467.50

Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM

I received the extended warranty letter from Chrysler a few weeks ago. I haven't had any problems with my window but I keep my car garaged. I read somewhere on the forum that you shouldn't ride with your top up and window down because it could cause the window to fall out. Now that it is under warranty, I can finally ride with my window down or is this a bad thing to do regardless??

Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfirejb
I received the extended warranty letter from Chrysler a few weeks ago. I haven't had any problems with my window but I keep my car garaged. I read somewhere on the forum that you shouldn't ride with your top up and window down because it could cause the window to fall out. Now that it is under warranty, I can finally ride with my window down or is this a bad thing to do regardless??
The theory (maybe a fact) behind this, is that the wind coming into the car, creates a vortex on the rear window area, causing the top to vibrate, and possibly cause the seal to break. As long as you have Chryslers "promise", LET THE FRESH AIR FLOW........

Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular

Has anyone noticed any difference in how the window is attached on the new tops or between '05 and later model tops?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Just wanted to share my success story regarding the X31 top replacement. I have an 05 crossfire shipped to TX and a few years ago my rear window completely fell out and I had to buy a new one from GAHH. Total cost with labor $2300. It took 2 weeks because my top had to be removed and mailed to GAHH in California because they re-use the parts for the new top and mailed it back to TX. 1 year later that window fell out of the new top! But GAHH covered that under their warranty. A week and a half ago I received the letter from Chrysler telling me my top may be covered under the X31 reimbursement and I sent in my receipt online. Today I got a check in the mail from Chrysler for $2300! So HAPPY right now!

Quick Reply: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!