Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Planned modifications on my SRT6

Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Planned modifications on my SRT6

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Dang you owned him there. No one has hit 11's just on the C3 pulley and they never will. Yes that's a challenge for you C3 loyals. Don't forget to mix infamil to fill your bottle!!! LMAO.

Remember DA is only to compare your car to another at every incremental measurement on the track. 60', 330', 660', 1000', 1320'...if you don't have drag radials and you can't drive then it's useless. If your never going to hit the track then your only resource is to dyno. That doesn't mean you can't datalog on a lonely stretch of road, and give those results to your tuner and see if you need any tweaking.

Most importantly dyno or datalog on the coldest day available and still safe to run the car all out through 3rd. On that coldest day, not by coincidence will have the lowest DA of the year and will have the thinnest air available. This will be the day your tune will lean if it's going to. If tuned to that air anything warmer than those conditions you will have a completely safe tune barring part failure.
I would be willing to bet you do not run consistant 11's either. Also, that extra $2000+ in mods you have on top of your pulley (for example the $1500 intake manifolds) help a little as well.

Oh well, back on topic now. No need to argue and get all pissy over what pulley does what.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-25-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I have planned to perform the following three modifications:

1) Needswing intake kit (single pipe)
2) Code3 pulley
3) ECU tune

My question is: What can I expect for increase in RW horsepower from stock.

I only plan to perform these mods and nothing more. I look forward to your response. Also, I'm budgeting $2000.00 US, is this reasonable?

If you do not plan to purchase all your parts at one time I would go for the needswings intake first, you will notice a big difference just with that. Then add the pulley and tune last. Or if you can, do it all at once and have lots of fun!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would agree with Photoman, and that is the route I took. Even if I could do it all at once, it was more fun doing it incrementally. When I put the NW CAI on it was exciting to hear the SC whine, and the extra power. It was like I had a completely different and much faster car. About a month later, I got the C3 pulley. When I put that on..... ohhhh my gosh. Now that was fun. The low end power gains were off the hook. Now, another month later, I am going to Atlanta on 12/12 to have my LET tune done. I am soo excited to get it done. From what I hear, it is going to be more fun that when I got the C3. If I had of done everything at one time, I would have missed out on all of the experiences that are etched into my permagrin memory.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:19 PM

I am not sure why crusinquick feels the need to constantly bash the code3 pulley on here, maybe it is an insecurity issue who knows for sure.

All the pulleys seem to work well on the car, during the pulley shootout last year at MIR the code3 most certainly was not the slowest there

Regardless, as long as you have good cooling mods you will have fun with what ever you pick. None of the pulleys are a bad choice and the fun in modding your car is doing it your way and experimenting and just enjoying the hobby. That is what it is all about, not bashing others mods just because they may be different than your own or maybe less expensive and more effective than someone else’s. The only thing that matters is that you try to keep your mods in that "safe zone" where you can keep your car running so you can continue to have fun.

There is tons of good info on the site which should allow you to make an educated decision on what route you want to go or be brave and try something new and you may find out something that works better that will make you faster than the rest!

You will love your car though, it is a blast to drive and you will love it more once you get that first mod done

Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 PM

Dang you owned him there. No one has hit 11's just on the C3 pulley and they never will. Yes that's a challenge for you C3 loyals. Don't forget to mix infamil to fill your bottle!!! LMAO.
Wow..... I bet your chest is all pumped up, and you are feeling all manly about yourself now. Nothing like a childish tantrum to get your adrenaline flowing huh? Ohhhh.... and never is a really long time.

I am sure everyone is bowing down to your ASP 178 about now, wishing that they had never went SC pulley route. Thanks to your popmpus pandering, we all now see the errors in our ways.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
[/size] so I guess it is safe to say you run consistantly in the 11's
Nope...and do not care if I do again.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
I would be willing to bet you do not run consistant 11's either. Also, that extra $2000+ in mods you have on top of your pulley (for example the $1500 intake manifolds) help a little as well.

Oh well, back on topic now. No need to argue and get all pissy over what pulley does what.
Never said it did, but didn't need the mani's or dual intakes or spray to hit 11's. Just the 178, single nw, IM tune, and tires, yes still the fastest with the least amount of mods. Yes on stock mani's and the extra $2000 in mods are icing to get deeper in the 11's.

I said no c3 pulley has hit 11's without spray. Period, nothing about consistently, just once. There is not one SRT6 out there regardless of mods that will hit 11's all year round. If there is have them prove it.

I never bashed the C3, I only argued that it's not equal to the 178 when many here praised that it was. When it was first produced C3 claimed it was equal to the 178 and all the kool aid drinkers swallowed it up. It's close and an easy install. If a belt wrap kit wasn't needed with the C3 then it wouldn't have been created, so add that part to the list.

BMorgan- you don't know me. If you didn't get what I meant about the bottle then don't comment, those that understood got it. If you need your chest pounded then go for it, but you make zero sense with your comment. If you didn't like what I posted then simply point it out and refute it or you could send a PM. There was good information in that post, but you didn't get past the first two lines. Come on get real.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Nope...and do not care if I do again.
That's true once it's done, not much of a big deal. The rush is gone, I don't think these cars will hit 11.49 without spray. So not much else to shoot for.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's true once it's done, not much of a big deal. The rush is gone, I don't think these cars will hit 11.49 without spray. So not much else to shoot for.
Exactly right. I currently do not think mine would run a 12.2 with my current mods. I will say however that I am enjoying the more tame version of my SRT6.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 PM

BMorgan- you don't know me. If you didn't get what I meant about the bottle then don't comment, those that understood got it. If you need your chest pounded then go for it, but you make zero sense with your comment. If you didn't like what I posted then simply point it out and refute it or you could send a PM. There was good information in that post, but you didn't get past the first two lines. Come on get real.
You are right, I do not know you, and I did get what you meant about the bottle. MrPhotoman and Blkfin have both been in the 11s on meth. Maybe I spoke out of turn as I know that you know both of these gentlemen and I may have missed an inside jab. If so, I apologize. I just did not like the fact that you challenged c3 "loyals", and in the next sentence tell us to put infamil in our bottles. Again, I reacted to a challenge..... right or wrong. Having said that, you should be proud to be in the 11s with the least mods. My goal is to get to the 11s with the least amount spent on mods. So far... 300 for used NW CAI, and 350 for a used C3 pulley, next is a tune not much savings there, but do get a 10% group discount. And, if it takes meth to get there, I think I can do that for less than 300 also. That should put me somewhere between 1300 and 1600 to get into the 11s. Not bad.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM

lmao, someone thinks that meth is a power adder.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:40 PM

Never said it did, but didn't need the mani's or dual intakes or spray to hit 11's. Just the 178, single nw, IM tune, and tires, yes still the fastest with the least amount of mods. Yes on stock mani's and the extra $2000 in mods are icing to get deeper in the 11's.

I said no c3 pulley has hit 11's without spray. Period, nothing about consistently, just once. There is not one SRT6 out there regardless of mods that will hit 11's all year round. If there is have them prove it.

I never bashed the C3, I only argued that it's not equal to the 178 when many here praised that it was. When it was first produced C3 claimed it was equal to the 178 and all the kool aid drinkers swallowed it up. It's close and an easy install. If a belt wrap kit wasn't needed with the C3 then it wouldn't have been created, so add that part to the list.

i maybe wrong here but it looks like you are telling a different story here:

11' finally! with the IM's!
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-finally.html

12's with just the pulley tune and drag radials, slower actually than the code3 times:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-inmotion.html

also, if your going to now make the claim you ran 11's with just the pulley tune and tires you may want to delete your sig. but wait, too late i copied it in this post

Stock (13.26) Needswings Intake (12.78)
178mm ASP crank pulley, Hoosier 16" DR's (12.52)
InMotion Rob's Tune (12.02)
All done with stock cooling, exhaust, and ignition.
Needswings Mani's(11.976@116.75 2100' DA)
Needswings ypipe(11.891@117 1600' DA)
Best 60' 1.72

quote from your thread where you FIRST ran 11's and you state it was with the manifolds on!

Yep that's a snap shot and the line is 3rd gear changing to 4th gear. My o2 bung is in between the 1st and 2nd cat. Can you imagine what kind of power I would be running if I was at 17 AFR? I'm not that daring though even though it's not a daily driver.
Read my first post, dang buicks. They are breaking the track all the time. One hit another car and took out the 60' lights in the process. Yep with the mani's on. I'm sure my 60' times were killer, but would be nice to know how low they were. My first pass at 12.008 was before the accident and with spinning the tires I had a 1.901, that's what brought the mph up.

I run 100 oct Torco racing fuel.
here is the post in that thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/321986-post21.html

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-26-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:44 PM

lmao, someone thinks that meth is a power adder.
I do not think that I stated that meth was a power adder. Meth will cool the internals which in turn will allow your engine to perform at peak efficiency. If I need educating, please do. I try to soak up as much information on here as I can. You would not tell me that meth did not assist you in getting into the 11s would you? If so, that would contradict what cruzinquick said as you are running a C3. I am not trying to stir things up.

Edit. Sorry, it looks like you are running a 178 now also. Your time in dragTimes was with a C3 though.

Last edited by bmorgan; 11-25-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
You are right, I do not know you, and I did get what you meant about the bottle. MrPhotoman and Blkfin have both been in the 11s on meth. Maybe I spoke out of turn as I know that you know both of these gentlemen and I may have missed an inside jab. If so, I apologize. I just did not like the fact that you challenged c3 "loyals", and in the next sentence tell us to put infamil in our bottles. Again, I reacted to a challenge..... right or wrong. Having said that, you should be proud to be in the 11s with the least mods. My goal is to get to the 11s with the least amount spent on mods. So far... 300 for used NW CAI, and 350 for a used C3 pulley, next is a tune not much savings there, but do get a 10% group discount. And, if it takes meth to get there, I think I can do that for less than 300 also. That should put me somewhere between 1300 and 1600 to get into the 11s. Not bad.
cruizin has quite the ego, he rants and raves about DA all the time. read some of his posts, he tries to give the impression he runs the fastest times in the highest da known to man lol.

he has posted his drivel about his 900,000ft da at 9000 degrees Fahrenheit that he runs in. He attempts to minimize anyone elses times on here by insinuating that he would have ran faster with his car if only he had incredible da like everyone else has. guess what cruiz, my track is only a little over 200ft lower altitude than yours but my humidity is a hell of a lot worse than you ever see. you are LUCKY to have such low humidity in AZ that makes for great racing conditions. Here we are lucky to have under 90% humidity any day in the summer.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-26-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 PM

I do not think that I stated that meth was a power adder. Meth will cool the internals which in turn will allow your engine to perform at peak efficiency. If I need educating, please do. I try to soak up as much information on here as I can. You would not tell me that meth did not assist you in getting into the 11s would you? If so, that would contradict what cruzinquick said as you are running a C3. I am not trying to stir things up.

Edit. Sorry, it looks like you are running a 178 now also. Your time in dragTimes was with a C3 though.
no i have a code3

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-26-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM

no i have a code3 and i was directing that comment to mr ego i mean cruizinslow
Ahhhh..... ok Cool...... I was hoping that I had not pissed 2 people off in here. haha. I need all the help I can get from the likes of you and Blkfin. I am learning more and more daily.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Ahhhh..... ok Cool...... I was hoping that I had not pissed 2 people off in here. haha. I need all the help I can get from the likes of you and Blkfin. I am learning more and more daily.
lol i am not pissed at anyone. cruzin for some reason thinks he needs to dismiss anything other than his own times and that every thread needs to be about him.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 PM

cruizin has quite the ego, he rants and raves about DA all the time. read some of his posts, he tries to give the impression he runs the fastest times in the highest da known to man lol.

he has posted his drivel about his 900,000ft da at 9000 degrees Fahrenheit that he runs in. He attempts to minimize anyone elses times on here by insinuating that he would have ran faster with his car if only he had incredible da like everyone else has. guess what cruiz, my track is only a little over 200ft lower altitude than yours but my humidity is a hell of a lot worse than you ever see. you are LUCKY to have such low humidity in AZ that makes for great racing conditions. Here we are lucky to have under 90% humidity any day in the summer.
If you understood DA instead of dismissing it you could actually compare your times, and use it to your advantage. We are humid in AZ, we have all four seasons. That's why DA is used to balance the times around the country. Now as far as running the fastest times whether it's hitting 11's or just the fastest for your mods, DA does not come into play. There is no sea level correcting, only your timeslip.

Now the fastest is moparrbust. If he had even my DA hands down he would be in the 11.6's or 11.7's. Since he does run in that exaggerated, sarcarstic DA you mention on a weekly basis his times doesn't reflect how fast his car really is. With knowing how many hundredths every 100' lower your ET, it's easy to adjust your time to DA of any elevation. It's a useful tool if you open your eyes and mind.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:13 PM

So Cruzinquick, can you clear up the confusion? Did you get into the 11s with just your pulley as you stated, or was it actually with the mani's as you previously posted? It does appear that 12.02 was the best that you did with just pulley.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 PM

I understand DA just fine, thanks. Trying to use "adjusted" times as your actual time is a crutch that people use to make excuses. I and many others see it as bad as all the excuses ricers use when they lose a race.

sorry but using "da adjusted" times are not REAL OR VALID times. The times that show on your timeslip ARE however REAL AND VALID times. Anything else is just a wild guess/excuse.

Maybe baseball, football, the olympics, doctors, lawyers and so on can start using "adjusted" times, scores, and so on.

Regardless, I apologize to the original poster for this thread going off topic.

Quick Reply: Planned modifications on my SRT6