Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

STACKED PULLEYS RESULTS! DYNO and 1/4 MILE!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: STACKED PULLEYS RESULTS! DYNO and 1/4 MILE!

Thanks very much for that advice. I think I will take it

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I stacked mine and on the first test pull I let off in second and removed the pulley. AFR's at WOT in the 14's. Got a retune and SL55 pierburg and tried again. It was still lean at the top of 3rd. but now around 13 AFR. I ran my car anyway at the track but had a tank full of 100 octane. I wouldn't even try stacking the pulleys without doing some supporting fuel mods beforehand. It's just too risky, and a risk several of us have taken and later concluded, "that was dumb!"

Les

Old 05-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
I can see where lower pressure will give lower temps but 15 lower than ambient? Where did that heat go? You'll have to prove to me that you will go below ambient temps from the intake to the manifolds just because there is lower pressure. I'm not a physicist, but I don't believe that. So explain this to us all.
When a gas expands without doing work - it cools - cockpit evaporator in your AC
When a gas is worked on to compress - it heats - front condenser in your AC

Yesterdays comment was "off the cuff", I just went back into my calc. sheet to confirm.....luckily I wasn't too far off. I even impress myself sometimes....
See attached comparison of OEM v NWDCAI
for stock pulley setup and 14.5psi MAP at WOT and 6200rpm

L8tr - PS - I cant recall where I got the Throttle body drop from but I do recall it was guestimated at WOT somewhere to be about 1psi through the 74mm body. My calc sheet was set up to allow this to be changed to 80-82mm if need be.

Obviously these numbers would be accentuated with the larger cfm's that a pullied setup would impart.
And it works on a squared function - so increase cfm by 10% and you increase the pressure drops by 21% and the temps go lower again.

And - this lower value should be the pressure used when calculating your Pressure Ratio....MAP/SC Inlet pressure

Attached Images

Last edited by Billy22Bob; 05-03-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I'm running these:

Authentic Bosch EV14 52lb 550cc Injectors 48mm | eBay

In conjunction with these:

Amazon.com: Competition Cams 1706048 8PK Injector Connector: Automotive

And I have MORE THAN ENOUGH fuel... LOL.

This gets you closer to $350 for everything...
Thanks, that sounds a lot better than $550. If it looks like I need them, I will probably go that way.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
When a gas expands without doing work - it cools - cockpit evaporator in your AC
When a gas is worked on to compress - it heats - front condenser in your AC

Yesterdays comment was "off the cuff", I just went back into my calc. sheet to confirm.....luckily I wasn't too far off. I even impress myself sometimes....
See attached comparison of OEM v NWDCAI
for stock pulley setup and 14.5psi MAP at WOT and 6200rpm

L8tr - PS - I cant recall where I got the Throttle body drop from but I do recall it was guestimated at WOT somewhere to be about 1psi through the 74mm body. My calc sheet was set up to allow this to be changed to 80-82mm if need be.

Obviously these numbers would be accentuated with the larger cfm's that a pullied setup would impart.
And it works on a squared function - so increase cfm by 10% and you increase the pressure drops by 21% and the temps go lower again.

And - this lower value should be the pressure used when calculating your Pressure Ratio....MAP/SC Inlet pressure
Ok, good enough for me, thanks and sometimes you impress me. That isn't easy to do!

Old 05-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da55id
So, based on my eurocharged 65mm pulley, you seem to be saying I could easily add a 178 crank pulley without other/further mods except perhaps a retune? If so, what whp/tq gains from a dynoed 340 would that offer given my sig if anyone wants to hazard an opinion? Thanks in advance. (Yes, I did see the table but was unsure of my interpretation)

@boostmonkey; The 65mm and 178mm pulleys are approximately a 15% increase in supercharger speed. Many have run these all day long with no fuel mods - easy power.
Just to be clear: you can install the 65mm OR 178mm pulley without supporting fuel system upgrades. To do both, you need some upgrades.

For 178/65 stacked, I recommend at least the following fuel mods:
  • upgraded fuel pump
  • upgraded fuel pressure regulator & filter
  • looped fuel rail
  • 550cc injectors
  • WBO2 or dyno-tuned with WBO2

I also have:
  • larger fuel lines
  • reworked fuel fail with larger inlet
  • conversion from return-less to "regular" return style rail

For intercooling I recommend at least:
  • IC pump upgrade
  • heat exchanger upgrade

And seriously consider other intercooling upgrades such as:
  • Rudy's single-pass IC
  • IC insulation (baked potato mod)
  • IC reservoir (think of it as a heat sink)

Switching from a 62mm pulley to the stacked pulleys and getting a Eurocharged tune gained me +43 RWHP and +52RWTQ.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

That is some crazy HP to the crank and still staying out of lien trouble. Never thought I would see those numbers. Good work man...

Old 05-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostmonkey
-Rudy's single-pass IC
-IC insulation (baked potato mod)
-IC reservoir (think of it as a heat sink)
In your OP you mentioned "Insulated intercooler" - is that the stock 3 pass high flow job or an insulated RCompart single pass lower flow cooler?

b22b

Old 05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I would say that is the Rudy cooler.... which I will soon be ordering up myself. I won't be stacking though and I doubt I will have the patience to build this fuel delivery system. It is just more NHRA won't like...lol.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I did the baked potato mod on my intercooler. Here's what's changed. It takes longer to get up to temperature after a cold start. When I park after a drive it holds the heat in and takes longer to cool back down. My IAT's are a few degrees hotter with the insulated intercooler at cruise. I'm not a fan of the thermal coating or insulation on the intercooler. Apparently some air flows underneath it while moving and helps cool it down.

Les

Old 05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
In your OP you mentioned "Insulated intercooler" - is that the stock 3 pass high flow job or an insulated RCompart single pass lower flow cooler?

b22b
I have an OEM intercooler because that daggon, no-good, Rudy announced his new single-pass intercoolers AFTER I had already spent MORE MONEY to replace my leaking OEM IC.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=boostmonkey;794938] any more runs at the track??? Really thinking about ur stacked set up ...how do u like it over the 62mm ec pulley ??

Old 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Roncombs25701;795147]
any more runs at the track??? Really thinking about ur stacked set up ...how do u like it over the 62mm ec pulley ??
Yes, ELEVEN more runs.

I was working on my launches trying to figure out how NOT to spin with the new-found torque. The good news is that I got it, and broke into the ONE POINT SIX second 60 foot club with three 1.69 60' times. A 1.6 60' time feels like being launched from a slingshot. It's great.

Even though the density altitude was a lot higher (2600 ft, 83 deg. F.), I was able to back up my prior 11.859 with a barely faster 11.855, an 11.86, and a bunch of 11.9s and 12.0s. My favorite run was an 11.95 @ 115.8 mph without ice cooling.

I love running 5 tenths faster than I did with the 62mm, so, yes I love the stacked pulleys and Eurocharged tune combo.

On the street it's just an animal now. The big difference is the low end torque. It is so easy to drive like a hoonigan because I am just a little more throttle away from the tail wanting to step out so often. Fortunately it is easy to hold it out a few degrees with a little counter steer and keep accelerating. It is not one of those cars always wanting to swap ends on you.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i saw what you wrote before you changed it!! i have a wavetrac in mine now so swapping the back is more fun when theres 700 ponies pushing it!

Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i saw what you wrote before you changed it!! i have a wavetrac in mine now so swapping the back is more fun when theres 700 ponies pushing it!
LOL! Dangit! I threw that little jab about the P-car in there for you, but it felt like kicking a man when he's down since you have engine trouble so I edited it out. Not fast enough apparently lol.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL! Dangit! I threw that little jab about the P-car in there for you, but it felt like kicking a man when he's down since you have engine trouble so I edited it out. Not fast enough apparently lol.
you hit the nail on the head!! NOT FAST ENOUGH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 05-10-2014, 08:00 PM
bdh

Just to be clear: you can install the 65mm OR 178mm pulley without supporting fuel system upgrades. To do both, you need some upgrades.

• upgraded fuel pump
  • looped fuel rail
  • 550cc injectors

I also have:
  • larger fuel lines

• IC pump upgrade
  • heat exchanger upgrade

• Rudy's single-pass IC

Switching from a 62mm pulley to the stacked pulleys and getting a Eurocharged tune gained me +43 RWHP and +52RWTQ.
HI Matt
I am considering stacking, And I was wondering if you think I could be successful without the looped rail, as I just installed new injectors & tune to fix my lean problem. Also can you tell me what WB02 is?
Thanks Barry

Old 05-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bdh
HI Matt
I am considering stacking, And I was wondering if you think I could be successful without the looped rail, as I just installed new injectors & tune to fix my lean problem. Also can you tell me what WB02 is?
Thanks Barry
WBO2 = wideband oxygen sensor [& datalogging]. I have the Innovate Motorsports LC-1 WBO2 and OT-2 OBD-II scanner and datalogger and I love it. It requires an iphone/ipod; I use an android phone now, but older used iphones are CHEAP. I keep an iPhone 4 around just to use with the OT-2.

I can't recommend running stacked pulleys without fuel rail and fuel regulator upgrades. It might be ok, but I am very conservative about these things. I would definitely NOT try it on the stock pump. The important thing is to monitor your air/fuel ratio with a wideband O2 on the street or, even better, tune at a trustworthy dyno shop with one.

I upgraded the fuel pump and regulator just to run the 62mm pulley. I modified the rail, upsized the lines (again) and went to 550cc injectors to go to stacked pulleys.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
bdh

WBO2 = wideband oxygen sensor [& datalogging]. I have the Innovate Motorsports LC-1 WBO2 and OT-2 OBD-II scanner and datalogger and I love it. It requires an iphone/ipod; I use an android phone now, but older used iphones are CHEAP. I keep an iPhone 4 around just to use with the OT-2.

I can't recommend running stacked pulleys without fuel rail and fuel regulator upgrades. It might be ok, but I am very conservative about these things. I would definitely NOT try it on the stock pump. The important thing is to monitor your air/fuel ratio with a wideband O2 on the street or, even better, tune at a trustworthy dyno shop with one.

I upgraded the fuel pump and regulator just to run the 62mm pulley. I modified the rail, upsized the lines (again) and went to 550cc injectors to go to stacked pulleys.
Thanks for the quick reply
Barry

Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 AM

• upgraded fuel pump
  • looped fuel rail
  • 550cc injectors

I also have:
  • larger fuel lines

• IC pump upgrade
  • heat exchanger upgrade

• Rudy's single-pass IC

Did you replace all the fuel lines from the pump to the rail? That's a pretty big job.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+43 more hp compare to 62mm

Quick Reply: STACKED PULLEYS RESULTS! DYNO and 1/4 MILE!