Northwest Forum Serving AK, ID, OR, WA.

Transmission in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission in Seattle

Anyone have a reputable place where they have gotten there transmission worked on in Seattle to South King? Appreciate any legitamate responses.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: Transmission in Seattle

what is your tranny doing, these are tuff trannys and when u think they need overhaul it may be something minor. jim

Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Thanks amx1397, It started leaking fluid so I stopped driving it about 6 months ago so I culd save up some $$ fearing the worst, I tried moving it the other day but it revs real high and wont reverse anymore, I'm hoping that all the fluid just leaked out so thats why it wont engage?, I have a transmission place picking it up today and they said they have worked on crossfires before but I really dont believe them, I have never had any luck with mechanics and I'm afraid there gonna give me sum bad news today $$, what questions do u suggest I ask them when they give me my diagnosis?

Thanks!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

being there is not a dip stick in any crossfire ask them what the dip stick read ?
the dealer has a universal dipstick that works in most Mercedes, the oil level is read from the bottom of the pan up. and yes oil can cause that problem if they can stop the leak and proper for the amount of fluid in its it's needed,, it also takes a special fluid. I'm not sure which one but it is a special fluid that Mercedes uses.
if they insist on the overhaul. I would ask them to To fix the leak and the only way they're going to find the leak is to put a bullet in it once a path to eliminate you should drive it and see if it's working okay if it is most likely nothing is wrong with it don't drive it and just drive drive it in the slapstick also .. If it that time it's okay then have them repair the leak bill it back up with polluted and you're ready to go good luck

Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Thumbs down Re: Transmission in Seattle

So, I was right. Mechanic said he needs to pull it out and and look at it. So far its $1800 + whatever freakn parts he says I need. I tried to do my best to look for a good shop but I dont think those exist anymore. I called this guy when I was looking around and specifically asked to make sure he knew the crossfire and it turns out he works on alot of Chryslers but not this model. I feel like a complete idiot because I let this happen. Thanks to the overwheming response I received on this forum I midas have just put on a blindfold and went to the yellow pages.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If he's worked on plenty of Chryslers.. "but not that model".. I'd find an independent Mercede's repair shop asap. Hell Chrysler dealers.. who have plenty of experience with Chryslers.. are lost with our car!
As noted if it was working, and started leaking.. could just be fluid level and a seal..

Old 04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by XFIRE206
So, I was right. Mechanic said he needs to pull it out and and look at it. So far its $1800 + whatever freakn parts he says I need. I tried to do my best to look for a good shop but I dont think those exist anymore. I called this guy when I was looking around and specifically asked to make sure he knew the crossfire and it turns out he works on alot of Chryslers but not this model. I feel like a complete idiot because I let this happen. Thanks to the overwheming response I received on this forum I midas have just put on a blindfold and went to the yellow pages.
Your big mistake was not asking here first. You have had six months to ask and then decided to throw yourself on the tender mercies of a transmission joint within a day of asking here, not the smartest of decisions.

As for the overwhelming response you mention somewhat sarcastically, we are sorry if we had known it was you we would have dropped everything and answered you at once.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:37 PM

Hey I'd rather spend money than have to spend 2 hours online in a forum dedicated to this car looking to see if something similar has been dealt with. I think self help is becoming a lost concept. I spent a week researching my first LCD tv. Nearly six years without a single glitch. But that's just me I guess.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad.....such an easy fix too and just a $10 part. Fixed mine last year.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Hey I'd rather spend money than have to spend 2 hours online in a forum dedicated to this car looking to see if something similar has been dealt with. I think self help is becoming a lost concept. I spent a week researching my first LCD tv. Nearly six years without a single glitch. But that's just me I guess.
OMG !!! You too ?
I did the same thing, still have the Sharp and it's still working fine.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
OMG !!! You too ?
I did the same thing, still have the Sharp and it's still working fine.
OCD... embrace it! LOL.

Sony Bravia.. Sharp was in the running back then.. LOL. Bravia won out with its "compatibility interface" to their surround systems..

Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry I missed this post man. Perhaps more than a day's heads up might have Yielded better results. Town and country Chrysler jeep has 3 guys who are also Mercedes mechanics. fully certified to work on Crossfires. There are also several great shops up north that specialize in German cars, ( that's what this is) and don't charge an arm and a leg.

$1,800 to tell You they are going to pull Your tranny? how did this turn out for You? and what was the problem and final cost?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Too bad.....such an easy fix too and just a $10 part. Fixed mine last year.
What did you replace?

I just had my transmission serviced by the dealership two weeks ago. Yesterday, it started leaking transmission oil. I had to have it towed to a dealer in Irvine, CA. So far, he said it sounds like a "nag connector". Do you know if this is something that would have been tinkered with during the regular service two weeks ago?

Thanks for any information!

Tracy

Old 03-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular

Hey you keep mentioning Dealer, are they doing this as warranty work? Do they have Crossfire certified ( Mercedes ) Mechanic? Yes having unqualified people work on your transmission could result in hem fracking it up

Here is a nice link that deals with this issue that includes a DIY https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...eak-maybe.html It appears to be a $200 fix if the dealership has qualified personnel, and if they don't they probably broke it.

Last edited by 05roadsterguy; 03-11-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tmgambino
What did you replace?

I just had my transmission serviced by the dealership two weeks ago. Yesterday, it started leaking transmission oil. I had to have it towed to a dealer in Irvine, CA. So far, he said it sounds like a "nag connector". Do you know if this is something that would have been tinkered with during the regular service two weeks ago?

Thanks for any information!

Tracy
Definitely the transmission plug if it was $10. It's an easy DIY job with basic tools and plastic ramps. I believe the issue with the plugs is that the stock o-rings were crap, and the new part has better ones.

Last edited by grip grip; 03-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

Nice post Grip Grip! Yeah looks like a simple DIY and no need to take out the transmission for this one.

You know someone with some chops should move this to a sticky in the TSB section. it sounds like all of us are going to deal with this at some point. Hiding this info down in the least used forum on the board is kinda counterproductive.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Nice post Grip Grip! Yeah looks like a simple DIY and no need to take out the transmission for this one.

You know someone with some chops should move this to a sticky in the TSB section. it sounds like all of us are going to deal with this at some point. Hiding this info down in the least used forum on the board is kinda counterproductive.
We have some good videos of this already, more welcome but these are pretty good.
Click here

or Woodys classic thread here.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.