Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ECU Tuning Questions

Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ECU Tuning Questions

Originally Posted by Maxwell
gonna have to help your self to that one, I've posted all the answers here on the forum, the question is when will you step up. If you can't do it yourself then House of Power can do it for you.
hell im parting mine out lol

Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

You are correct Maxwell, I believe it is a Motec PCM/ECU he is going with, I mis-typed.

Everyone play nice now... (Yes, even you irwin... )

Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww come on this is fun , I have been playing with my thing now for 18 months and have reached the limit of the NA car.
Vortec (Harrop engineering here) cant help me Magnacharger wont, G Ready cant read emails nor can Top Secret in the land of the rising sun for turbo gear.
Bazanko who owns Powerchip and a friend of mine has reached his limit of what he can do with the ECU's by pushing it to 100 Octane with Nulon Boost to 105 but wont play with the TC ABS for legal reasons.
Bigger injectors helped as did the cold air but this car has limitation.

Thats why I am going to play V8's put a MB cover over the top and act dumb (or is that dumber )

So with a shortened drive shaft tremec 5 speed if the diff holds up 500+HP is easy
Only coz a hemi wont fit

Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 AM

I didn't really expect alot of people to believe me. That is part of the reason I posted the thread from the other forum of my old car Here are some other threads of mine to help confidence:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ight=trinababe

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ight=trinababe

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...highlight=25.1

You get the point. At any rate, I don't quite make the same money as I did with the Evo so the only thing holding me from starting is that. I am hoping within a a few months I should have the funds to at least get it boosted.

As far as how much power the stock engine will take I really dont know. I am sure I will end up finding out though. The reason I want to stay with the stock ECU is mainly because I dont like to tinker around with getting everything to work correctly with them. The other big reason is so that once this is done, more people may actually do it as well. You start throwing in standalone ECUs alot of people will not be interested anymore. If I can just make it a reflash type thing I think alot of people would want it. Especially those that need to pass OBD inspections. If I cant find a good way to get the car to run the exact fuel and timing I want then I will most likely end up going with a standalone. I havent looked into any of the European stand alones but I have extensive experience with the AEM EMS which would probably be the one I go with.

The supercharger will most likely be a Paxton Novi-1200. This supercharger will handle well over 500 to the ground so it will be big enough to accomplish my goals. Not sure on the front mount as of yet. Ill have to disassemble the front clip and see how much room I have to work with. All the tubing I will make myself which is quick and easy along with the mounting hardware for the Novi. Depending on what ECU stuff I find out I will probably end up just using 850cc injectors. They will handle more than enough power needed. There are plenty of fuel pumps that will handle the needed flow. An Aeromotive pressure regulator to handle the pressure is cheap. I havent even looked into if the car is a MAP car or a MAF but either way Ill get some sort of a decent BOV to work with it A Tial with the light spring is what Id like to run assuming it is a MAP car. Again some of these are dependent if I am running the stock ECU or an aftermarket one.

And hey, Ill keep taking the bets. Make them higher amounts... Ill get more ambitious to finish earlier! Ill accept any bet assuming its realistic... 400 to the ground on race gas should be more than reasonable. I give myself the race gas as insurance due to the 10:1 compression just in case the motor likes to knock

Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 AM

Oh and I dont like Dyno's.... If I need to Ill run it on one but chances are the proof will be in the Quartermile

Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Forum Regular

anyone ever think of just getting an srt charger off of an amg motor and reducing the boost? with some injectors and from what tvt is saying about being able to tune for more fuel i think this could be a simple as spam set up... of course there i go "thinking" again. everyone wants monster boost and power why not moderate to low boost and respectable power?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Well now Im stuck on deciding between a supercharger or a turbo. I did some looking around and think I found a nice spot to shove a turbo. The headers just turn me off.. Im sure it will be a pain to build them but I am really partial to turbos rather than superchargers

Today I am going to pull off the exhaust and hopefully find some SS 3" tubing and start with a catback. Dont know what i have for mufflers lying around but Ill see if I can whipe something out quick to get started. If I am ambitous I will rip the headers off and make some cad drawings to build the flanges so I can start on that. The good news about the turbo is I am sure I can find something to use for fitment and testing for free. There is not much room for the intercooler but Ill find something today while Im tearing stuff out.

Just figured Id make sure people know I am still going to make this thing force fed one way or another Ill take some pics and start an album once I start.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Good luck and keep the forum updated.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Well I found enough tubing that was bent in enough directions I could cut it up and make the catback so that got finished. The problem is I couldnt find a muffler(s) I liked so I am ordering something and it should be here in a week or so. The catback turned out pretty good considering I used some old piping I just found (From another cars exhaust). Once I get the muffler Ill post up some pics. Took alot longer than i ecpected so I didnt get much time to look at the boosting part of the project but I have decided to go with a supercharger. The turbo thing would be too big a pain and I would never do it again so if anyone else wanted to do it I really wouldnt want to help much

Once I finish this exhaust I would be willing to make more if anyone is actually interested. It is 3"" stainless steel mandrel bent tig welded , blah blah. Right now I am driving the car with no muffler and it sounds decent.. too loud but you can tell it will have a very nice note with a muffler of some kind. I looked around and there doesnt seem to be much of a choice for a nice catback so figured Id let people know I would do it if they wanted. 3" SS isnt cheap so its not like I could do it for real real cheap but Im sure cheaper than any company that makes one.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:29 AM

I forgot to mention earlier about the MAF deal... Im assuming no one really knows but if for some reason someone does; How pissed off will this MAF get if I force feed it? I know most MAFs of this kind do not like to be force fed in which case it will need to be either moved or removed.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tim Russell
I forgot to mention earlier about the MAF deal... Im assuming no one really knows but if for some reason someone does; How pissed off will this MAF get if I force feed it? I know most MAFs of this kind do not like to be force fed in which case it will need to be either moved or removed.
I believe your ok at 5-6 psi, after that, I think you need split second's MAF clamp,The VC2 Voltage Clamp is designed to condition the output of voltage based air flow meters, MAP sensors and mass air flow sensors. It is often used to avoid fuel cut in forced induction applications. Under normal operating conditions, the VC2 outputs a signal that is identical to the signal present at its input. When the voltage of the flow signal reaches the internally set clamp level, the VC2 maintains a constant output voltage at the clamp level as the input voltage rises. The VC2 differs from the VC1 by offering a hard clamp function that is user adjustable. The hard clamp allows the output to track the input right up to the clamp voltage. Once in clamp, the VC2 maintains the clamp level with high accuracy regardless of overdrive.

ask around the MBworld forum, the only guys I've found who tune the 3.2 are the C class guys, most of the slk guys are not that innovative

Last edited by Maxwell; 03-23-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 AM

Any chance you can make cat forward exhaust to delete the cats altogether. don't worry about the sensors as I have the sims, gimme a price.
Originally Posted by Tim Russell
Well I found enough tubing that was bent in enough directions I could cut it up and make the catback so that got finished. The problem is I couldnt find a muffler(s) I liked so I am ordering something and it should be here in a week or so. The catback turned out pretty good considering I used some old piping I just found (From another cars exhaust). Once I get the muffler Ill post up some pics. Took alot longer than i ecpected so I didnt get much time to look at the boosting part of the project but I have decided to go with a supercharger. The turbo thing would be too big a pain and I would never do it again so if anyone else wanted to do it I really wouldnt want to help much

Once I finish this exhaust I would be willing to make more if anyone is actually interested. It is 3"" stainless steel mandrel bent tig welded , blah blah. Right now I am driving the car with no muffler and it sounds decent.. too loud but you can tell it will have a very nice note with a muffler of some kind. I looked around and there doesnt seem to be much of a choice for a nice catback so figured Id let people know I would do it if they wanted. 3" SS isnt cheap so its not like I could do it for real real cheap but Im sure cheaper than any company that makes one.

Last edited by Maxwell; 03-23-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:50 AM

Yeah Ill make one.. your looking for the entire system then or just the section from the headers to the Y pipe where they connect? Would you want to still utilize a Y pipe to merge them going to the rear or make a dual exhaust? Let me know what ya need and Ill make one up.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by apkano
Many have tried.....all have failed.

You're gonna get a lot of cynicism here........about twice a month someone makes the exact same claim as you.

Best of luck though.......plan on spending a lot of cash.

basically, if you want a supercharged Crossfire.....buy a SRT-6.

No fun without 6 gears

Old 08-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Received 412 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Swellfella
No fun without 6 gears

You do know you responded to an 8 1/2 year old post, right?