TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

AT Tranny stuck in gear

Old 08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: AT Tranny stuck in gear

i'm not sure but i think he was looking for a crossfire to install a V8 into and if i remember he said around $3 to $4000.00, but check with him , i am just trying to remember.
ps when I had my tranny rebuilt under warranty the bill was over$6000.00

Last edited by amx1397; 08-01-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need you help! I visit my local dealer he told me that problem in pedal sensor so I change the pedal and after 2 weeks have the same! The car drive well but when I reach the kick down it stuck in gear. Turn the car of start again and everything is fine. And each time when I reach kick down point it stuck in gear ONLY WHAN REACH THIS POINT! Please give advise somebody! I think if I go to local dealer he will tell me to change something alse and I will miss again.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am joining this thread becuase while coming home from the Dragon and about 33 miles from home, I drove through a little town and noticed that my speedo wasn't working, ESP/BSP ligts were on, trans stuck in third and shifter had no effect. After stopping the trans was stuck in first!. I read two codes that indicated speed sensor. I just ordered the electrical plate that contains the speed sensor in the trans and went a head and odered other parts to do a full service and also ordered parts to fix the famous trans leak even though I never had the leak. I also ordered some blue top solonoids to install while it is apart. The conductor plate was $186 from OE Discount parts. The Chrysler Stealership wanted $398 and the MB dealer wanted about $288. IF you order online specify the MB part number as even OE Discount Parts wanted $240 for the Chysler part which comes in a MB box with a Chrysler sticker over it. I plan on doing the work this Saturday.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with this weekend project.
Is this the same part that you purchased ? Same part number ?

Mercedes Benz Transmission Conductor Plate 1402701161 - Volkstoy Motorsports

Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM

Its the TCM. I had the same problem with 04 crossfire. $3,600 later all is fixed.
Also had fluid changed and some "leaking plug" replaced.
Yea.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 PM

2004 Chrysler crossfire base 141,xxx miles. on 8/12/13 the car went intolimp mode = (wont shift out 1st gear + check engine light) onthe drive home from work. I stopped at the local advance auto partsstore and got the code pulled. was (p0715) = speed sensor malfunction. the speed sensors arelocated on a part call the conductor plate & the conductor plate is locatedinside the transmission pan on top of the valve body. you will have to order a newconductor plate the speed sensors are attached to it. on 8/13/13 I ordered anew oem Mercedes conductor plate from ebay $145 it came with part# 1402701161conductor plate + a new 13 pin connector, pan gasket & trans filter.the Mercedes part# 1402701161 conductor plate does fit all 04-08crossfires. avoid the dealership at all cost when it comes to replacingthis conductor plate. I found a independent local shop here in Louisiana whoreplaced the conductor plate and refilled the car with atf 4 trans fluid for$230 on 8/16/13. ok with the new conductor plate in the car will still be inlimp mode. Now its time to visit the dealership. you will HAVE TO take the carto the Chrysler dealership to have the (p0715) transmission code cleared $50.after that your good to go! happy smooth shifting again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251203466574?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got plated today at the dealership. $946

Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtisberry
Got plated today at the dealership. $946
For $946 I hope it was gold.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Hi

Sorry to be opening an old discussion but I am now experiencing what I believe to be a the electrical plate / speed sensor problem with my AT tranny.

Happened on Sunday during a drive through central London. I start the engine and drive and when I accelerate it did does not shift. So I look at the electronic display and it shows 1st gear. I assume that I must have touched the gear stick with my elbow and put it back into D. As I drive I notice that I have no power. I stop and restart the car and have issues starting the car. I get it going and and have power but it will not shift any more. I can't shift manually either. When I get home, I switch off the engine and try starting it, again problems. 1h later starting works fine but obviously still stuck in limp mode.

Next day I take the car to my local garage and there is a small leak from the tranny (the usual place). They check the oil level in the tranny and it was just below the minimum. Fixing the leak and topping up the oil did not solve the problem. Saying that we did not use original equipment to remove the fault codes. I did disconnect the battery for a while but I am not sure that would clear the fault codes.

The code I am getting is P0702 so I call Mister Transmission (suggested elsewhere in the forum as good repair shop) and find out that there should be another fault code there as well. They suggested that this is the electric plate after hearing the symptoms which is what the other posts on the forum suggest as well.

My question is:
Will disconnecting the battery clear the fault codes or does it have to be done by MB / Chrysler equipment? Any other equipment than the original that can clear the fault codes if the disconnecting the battery does not help?
And finally, reading the description, is my deduction that this will most likely be the speed sensor correct?

cheers
Peter

Old 05-02-2017, 10:45 AM

To answer my question a few years later, disconnecting the battery does not clear the error code for the tranny

Old 01-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Maj

Originally Posted by amx1397
it may be low on fluid, but the dealer has the dip stick, your tranny fill cap is sealed. I did have mine stuck in 3 (limp mode) when i was playing with the rear end it would go 1 then 2 then 3 then stay there. jim
What going on from the rear end will cause tranny problem I have a 05 cross want shift out of first added fluid same problem I see lots of fluid on connecter but I add some Same problem helppppp inalI have a rear end problem it makes a rubbing sound when I reverse like something it's grinding it rubbing in something ????????

Last edited by Maj; 01-17-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Missed out information
Old 01-17-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maj
What going on from the rear end will cause tranny problem I have a 05 cross want shift out of first added fluid same problem I see lots of fluid on connecter but I add some Same problem helppppp inalI have a rear end problem it makes a rubbing sound when I reverse like something it's grinding it rubbing in something ????????
no,rear end will not cause tranny not to shift, but the TCU will it is under the carpet on the passenger side,,move carpet,,remove Styrofoam,,, lay the metal plate down the tcu is the small box 5"x5 if the wires have tranny fluid on them, it will cause your problem,,,remove TCU clean dry use elect clean put every thing back together and try it. it that did not fix it then your tranny may need a conductor plate and elect plug. both can stop it from shifting

if rain or high humidity rust on rotor will make that sound.. #2 remove the rear wheel ,put one lug into rim ,make sure you have 5/8 sticking through ( it rubs the e-brake cable if longer) unless this noise just started then it is rust.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Maj

Car was towed to aamco later was told transmission had a gear ratio code...was also told the transmission was damage and nothing can fix the problem...it would cost around $3500- $3800 to fix ....is there another route besides what I was told also might have to replace torch converter , replacing the electric plate would be point less since it had a gear ratio problem...is there another option to fixing this or am I left with getting tranny rebuilt?????

Old 01-18-2019, 01:31 PM

is this a srt6 or limited ,, find someone near you that has a crossfire if yours is limited then limited and put his tcu into your car if it is a gear ratio problem then this will solve it. then you get a tcu or yours retuned
these trannys don't go bad unless abused or run with no fluid. i don't think it is the tranny
there is the Kansas city crossfire group ( on here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ht=kansas+city maybe one of them can help. for now don't get the tranny rebuilt.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

High Gang, glad to see that this forum is still up and running. Been reading through this thread, as after 17 years of ownership of my SRT6, I have now had my car go into limp mode, showing the expected P0715 on the OBDII scan. Called the dealership where I bought the car, and where I have had various repairs and service performed over the years, and the was told they no longer work on Crossfires. So, though I've never cracked a transmission before, it looks like I'll be doing this repair myself. I'm not what you would call a skilled mechanic, but I'm pretty good with bolt-ons, replacing gaskets and sensors, replace circuit board, etc., but this one seems a little out of my skill set. However, if it merely requires removal of an access panel to get to the plate the speed sensor sits on, I think I can handle it. I assume the service manual, of which I have a copy, will provide the procedure, and I'm pretty good at following directions.

The only real problem I face right now, is I didn't see a part number listed in the thread. Does anyone have that part number? And know from whom it might be ordered?

Thanks in advance. This forum has been very helpful in the past. BTW, if anyone knows of a good, competent mechanic in the area of Cobb County, Ga. I'd be appreciative of a pointer.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:40 PM

Folks, looks like I do find part numbers in the thread. So, I think that question may be settled. But, still, if you know a good mechanic in Cobb County, Ga. who is competent to work on Chyrsler/Mercedes cars I'd be happy to have the pointer.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote
Folks, looks like I do find part numbers in the thread. So, I think that question may be settled. But, still, if you know a good mechanic in Cobb County, Ga. who is competent to work on Chyrsler/Mercedes cars I'd be happy to have the pointer.
In the Documentation thread are parts list for all years and models. You can find the part number there, do not use this number to buy the part as it is a Chrysler number.You must buy it using the Mercedes number from a Mercedes dealer as it will be cheaper, the Chrysler dealer will buy the part from the Mercedes dealer and add large markup for you to pay. It is after all a Mercedes part.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
In the Documentation thread are parts list for all years and models. You can find the part number there, do not use this number to buy the part as it is a Chrysler number.You must buy it using the Mercedes number from a Mercedes dealer as it will be cheaper, the Chrysler dealer will buy the part from the Mercedes dealer and add large markup for you to pay. It is after all a Mercedes part.
Hi onehundred80. Thanks for your input. I can't count the number of times I've relied on the compendium of knowledge you put together on this forum. Over the past 17 years I have had plenty of opportunity to make
good use thatknowledge store. I believe I even downloaded my copy of the SRT6 service manual from there. And I've learned about from your postings over the years as well. Many thanks to you and the rest of the
folks here who have also contributed so much.

I have been looking on Ebay, as that was mentioned in the thread, and have seen many listings. But, to be honest, I think I'll give the local Mercedes dealership to see what they have first. BTW, the Chrysler Part
number is 52108308aa. Apparently it is used in multiple vehicles.

Thanks again!

Old 11-12-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote
Hi onehundred80. Thanks for your input. I can't count the number of times I've relied on the compendium of knowledge you put together on this forum. Over the past 17 years I have had plenty of opportunity to make
good use thatknowledge store. I believe I even downloaded my copy of the SRT6 service manual from there. And I've learned about from your postings over the years as well. Many thanks to you and the rest of the
folks here who have also contributed so much.

I have been looking on Ebay, as that was mentioned in the thread, and have seen many listings. But, to be honest, I think I'll give the local Mercedes dealership to see what they have first. BTW, the Chrysler Part
number is 52108308aa. Apparently it is used in multiple vehicles.

Thanks again!
This guy cleared the code and cleared the problem at the same time/
CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-12-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This guy cleared the code and cleared the problem at the same time/
CLICK

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered the Autel 802.

Quick Reply: AT Tranny stuck in gear