TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

Old 04-20-2022, 11:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

As I looked at the pictures versus the descriptions, it seems the pictures are not correct. Either that or I am not comprehending what you are trying to show.
#5. Where is the heater grid control box? Is it along the side frame of the rear window, above the lift piston assembly? I don't understand where it is.
#6. The LED is above the screw in the extreme LEFT of the picture?
#7. I don't see any wire bundle at all in this pic. Is it behind the metal panel?'
#8. Are you referring to the wire bundle at the EXTREME TOP of the picture? Or is there another bundle I am not seeing?
#9. This one shows 2 white plastic clips, it looks like on the door frame. Which of these are supposed to be cut off?
#10. Don't see any flat spots at all. Where in the pic are these supposed to be?
#11. Don't see any wiring at all in this shot No black, no blue, no brown. Is this an incorrect picture? It looks like trim.
#12. Are these the wires you were referring to? These get cut out of the connecter end?
#13. No rubber trim pieces in this pic. There ARE 2 rubber pads with adhesive on them included with the LSC100A unit, with peel off backing.
#14. Are these the rubber pads that came with the LSC100A unit?
#15. What is this a picture of?
#16. Do I need to put a square impression in this piece of plastic? Whereabouts? Do I cut it with an exacto knife, or what? How deep does the cut square need to be? Should it be in a particular corner of the plastic part? Any particular dimensions?
#17. Another piece of plastic trim. Again, I don't see any depressions or marks. Do some clearance areas need to be cut in these?, Again, what dimensions should they be?
#18 Are the little self-adhesive foam pads that came with the flasher unit supposed to be attached where the little white label is in this pic?
#19. I have the 2 self-adhesive foam pads that came with the unit. I can skip buying this tape, correct?
#20. You say they are attached here, but you don't say where "here" actually is.
#21. This shows one self-adhesive foam pad stuck on one of the little plastic plates shown earlier. I also don't see any square cutout like you mentioned earlier, anywhere on this plastic plate. What's up with that?
#22. The black wires attach to the blue and black wire on the window connection? Do you just solder then to the lumps on the glass?
#23. What wire is this spliced into? It doesn't look like it goes to the blue wire on the window, that goes into the window heat defroster wires.
I am going to stop here, because I am thoroughly lost on this mod.

I do not understand any of this installation. It says it takes 15 minutes, but this would appear to take a couple of hours at least. I hope you can clear some of these
questions. I wanted to do this mod before I drive to California on Friday. I just got the flasher unit today, but I want to know how to do it before I take everything apart and start cutting wiring.

Thanks very much!

Old 04-21-2022, 11:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

OK\
I have even MORE questions.
My LSC-100A module has TWO red wires, and ONE black wire.
ONE red wire has a tag on it that says "This wire to LED light". So I assume this hooks up to the blue/black wire that runs to the LED light.
So if I hook this wire to the blue/black wire that goes to the LED light, then what do I do to the OTHER blue/black wire end that I just cut?
Also, everyone keeps mentioning TWO black wires. I don't have 2 black wires on the flasher module. With the ONE RED WIRE hooked to the LED light wire, I then have one black wire and one red wire on the other end of the flasher module. I assume this is the INCOMING end of the flasher module.
Now, WHAT GOES ON THE INCOMING RED WIRE GOING INTO THE FLASHER MODULE?
What attaches to the BLACK WIRE GOING INTO THE FLASHER MODULE?
None of the pics in the tutorial actually show what it should look like when finally connected. The pics are all amputated so you can't see the actual wire arrangement.
I'll wait to do this mod until I get these questions settled. I have all the parts and tools, just no good idea of how the wires connect, or what they need to go to. This tutorial is NOT clear at all on that.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:41 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
<< Just Silicone the hell out of everything >>

Good luck next time you need to take it loose or apart for service. You can buy a new seal at most automotive stores when reinstalling.

To remove silicone reasonably easy soak it in WD40, The silicone gets soft and if left long enough it dissolves. I took apart a 4’ x 18” x12” aquarium in this manner using a razor blade, It would be tough doing the spoiler base plate and similar but it is worth knowing.
What would we do without WD40?