WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/Sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

Anyone know of a source for a NEW NOS/OEM Drivers' Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

I know it has been "discontinued" - but somehow, somewhere, some dealer or warehouse likely has at least a few gathering dust on a shelf without even knowing they are there, until one day..... "what's this?"

If I can find NOS chrome windshield cowl-stripping for a Kaiser-Darrin, or NOS glass for a Studebaker Golden Hawk, and a NOS hood ornament for a '64 Imperial, and a NOS dashboard top for an '87 Merkur XR4ti in my various car part pursuits, surely somewhere, out there, is this part just longing to be with me.

I'm not finding anything from traditional sources like Ebay/Hemmings, etc. I do NOT want used, or I'm sure I would be in the same situation (these are very "one time" install type parts - the supporting thin-metal frame gets bent in removal, and even if careful, the slightest bending makes them appeared crooked/cockeyed, and not seal to the glass.

There was some work done on the door requiring it be removed, and it was left undulating, crooked, and bumpy with even a section of the strip pulling away from the glass with potential to allow water to get down in the door - even though I don't ever really drive this car in the rain. I had to drive it briefly in the rain the other day, for a short while, and noticed the rain water was going into that detached lip of the seal like it was a magnet to water!

I think when the shop removed it they assumed they could simply get the part new as a replacement, which is understandable; but I suspect they then found they had to use the old one they took off, You can't straighten these things once they get kinked. They are a great place and willing to correct the situation, but they are having as hard a time as myself finding a NEW/NOS replacement.

HELP!!

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 01-11-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Adding part number: and still looking!
Old 01-11-2020, 07:07 PM
Default Re: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

Still in need of this part. It's been a year I've been searching for it. Part #5161453AA

I know it has been "discontinued" - but somehow, somewhere, some dealer or warehouse likely has at least a few gathering dust on a shelf without even knowing they are there, until one day..... what's this? If I can find NOS chrome windshield cowl-stripping for a Kaiser-Darrin, or NOS glass for a Studebaker Golden Hawk, and a NOS hood ornament for a '64 Imperial, and a NOS dashboard top for an '87 Merkur XR4ti in my various car part pursuits, surely somewhere, out there, is this part just longing to be with me.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:29 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip!

I need one for the pass side. Been hunting about 3 months. I have ordered from a couple places that say they have it then a few days later the “sorry to inform you” email shows up. Mine got ruined by a body shop. Good luck.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

Originally Posted by Heli-Cal Blue
Still in need of this part. It's been a year I've been searching for it. Part #5161453AA

I know it has been "discontinued" - but somehow, somewhere, some dealer or warehouse likely has at least a few gathering dust on a shelf without even knowing they are there, until one day..... what's this? If I can find NOS chrome windshield cowl-stripping for a Kaiser-Darrin, or NOS glass for a Studebaker Golden Hawk, and a NOS hood ornament for a '64 Imperial, and a NOS dashboard top for an '87 Merkur XR4ti in my various car part pursuits, surely somewhere, out there, is this part just longing to be with me.

Is it possible that a part from Mercedes part will fit or can be cut in length to fit. I am sure they were not made just for the Crossfire. Maybe it has a Mercedes part number on it.
Water is actually diverted through the door interior, you can find the inlet in the upper rear corner of the door by the vertical rear door window seal. I sprayed the door interior bottom faces with antirust spray.

Old 01-12-2020, 03:38 PM
JSK

I have found slk320 moldings on eBay, they are not similar.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Try this source, although you may end up getting "that email" ..."discontinued".

https://store.mopar.com/2007-chrysle...161453AA-item/

Pricey, eh?

Good luck!

Regards,

Old 03-17-2020, 06:07 PM
JSK

Originally Posted by JSK
I have found slk320 moldings on eBay, they are not similar.
I stand corrected!

Well I was parked next to an older SLK recently and decided the belt moulding on it looked like the belt moulding on my Crossfire. Then I saw a thread where someone had installed door cards on a Crossfire from an SLK and the fit was perfect so I ordered a belt moulding for an 03 SLK 320 from a MB parts supplier on line. It was about a hundred bucks and fit perfectly

Old 03-17-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by JSK
I stand corrected!

Well I was parked next to an older SLK recently and decided the belt moulding on it looked like the belt moulding on my Crossfire. Then I saw a thread where someone had installed door cards on a Crossfire from an SLK and the fit was perfect so I ordered a belt moulding for an 03 SLK 320 from a MB parts supplier on line. It was about a hundred bucks and fit perfectly
Thanks for the follow up posting, they are always welcome.o

Old 06-20-2020, 03:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
I stand corrected!

Do you happen to have the Mercedes part#? Ive been looking for about a year as well. The center part of mine doesn't sit properly and is allowing water in that way and its not a pretty situation when driving in the rain. I don't drive often in the rain with his car but would still like to have it fixed. Thank you in advance

Old 06-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JSK
I stand corrected!

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

Is the the part that you are referring to that you were in need of?

Old 06-20-2020, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Sussudio
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

Is the the part that you are referring to that you were in need of?
Mercedes SLK 320 Left: 170-720-03-24
Mercedes SLK 320 Right: 170-720-04-24

Good luck and let use know how it goes.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ronman
Mercedes SLK 320 Left: 170-720-03-24
Mercedes SLK 320 Right: 170-720-04-24

Good luck and let use know how it goes.
Thanks!

Ironically, I always wondered about the likelihood of this, and yet in a passing view, and looking at the line-drawing depictions on various websites, they appeared to be different.

So I figured the Crossfire team and Karman-builders must have used something unique on the Crossfire. However considering that so many other Crossfire parts are marked with the Merc logo, it stands to reason this is yet another part they pulled from the shared parts bin.

Hopefully I can get it at a Mercedes dealer locally where i can actually see it in person first, just to be sure. Some photos online of those SLK-320s show they appear to have an anodized aluminum outer metal-form covering on those, rather than rubber outer shells.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heli-Cal Blue
Thanks!

Ironically, I always wondered about the likelihood of this, and yet in a passing view, and looking at the line-drawing depictions on various websites, they appeared to be different.

So I figured the Crossfire team and Karman-builders must have used something unique on the Crossfire. However considering that so many other Crossfire parts are marked with the Merc logo, it stands to reason this is yet another part they pulled from the shared parts bin.

Hopefully I can get it at a Mercedes dealer locally where i can actually see it in person first, just to be sure. Some photos online of those SLK-320s show they appear to have an anodized aluminum outer metal-form covering on those, rather than rubber outer shells.

the aluminum part from what I can tell is actually for the inside of the door. The illustrations I’ve seen don’t help at all but that’s apparently where they go.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:03 PM
JSK

My blue coupe has the SLK320 moulding on the pass door. It works fine.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JSK
My blue coupe has the SLK320 moulding on the pass door. It works fine.
I’ve found a place in Germany that has more than 10 of them, but they won’t send it here due to Covid. No problem though. I’ve got a couple of ideas I’m going to try on it as it’s not super bad. I think I need to adjust the window a bit as I’m getting a little hissing in the front upper corner and that seal at the top is in almost new condition. I just really wanted to avoid taking the panel off but that seems what is going to have to happen. This might help with both problems.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sussudio
I’ve found a place in Germany that has more than 10 of them, but they won’t send it here due to Covid. No problem though. I’ve got a couple of ideas I’m going to try on it as it’s not super bad. I think I need to adjust the window a bit as I’m getting a little hissing in the front upper corner and that seal at the top is in almost new condition. I just really wanted to avoid taking the panel off but that seems what is going to have to happen. This might help with both problems.
I adjusted my window and the tilt adjustments are made through two holes in the bottom of the door. The door panel does have to come off. It's explained in the Service Manual.
Here is a photo showing the adjustment points.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-23-2020 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Inner door panel has to come off. Tilt word added.
The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:43 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I adjusted my window and the adjustments are made through two holes in the bottom of the door. The door panel does have to come off. It's explained in the Service Manual.
Here is a photo showing the adjustment points.

Thank you I appreciate the picture. I can't really see the hex bolts, but I'm sure once i get it off I'll be able to tell.

Old 07-01-2020, 03:56 PM
KJN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSK
I stand corrected!

Jeff
I have an 99 00 01 02 03 04 MERCEDES SLK Door-Window Sweep Belt Molding Weatherstrip Right side. I was going to replace the one on my 06 Roadster.
Is this the same SLK part you had that firt the crossfire?
I also wanted to know if you had to take the inside panel and window off to replace the window seal?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Kevin

The following users liked this post:
Kraig (08-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJN
Jeff
I have an 99 00 01 02 03 04 MERCEDES SLK Door-Window Sweep Belt Molding Weatherstrip Right side. I was going to replace the one on my 06 Roadster.
Is this the same SLK part you had that firt the crossfire?
I also wanted to know if you had to take the inside panel and window off to replace the window seal?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Kevin
I replied to your other post but if you see this one first here's the part# for the right side 1707200424. This is the equivalent to Chrysler part # 05161452AA

Old 07-02-2020, 01:27 AM
JSK

I did not remove the door card.

Quick Reply: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip!