Crossfire V8 conversions A section to discuss anything about a Crossfire modified with a V8 Engine

Questions about the (conversion) V8 Crossfire.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Questions about the (conversion) V8 Crossfire.

if you have a question about the V8 crossfire;;; ask it here one of the owners will answer you.
(Except Cost) because each one the cost was different.
I was ask this question today.

Can a V8 fit the same in a limited as in a SRT 6----------Yes, and now you can Choose the rear ratio you want .

Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Default re: Questions about the (conversion) V8 Crossfire.

here are some answers on other threads

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light=rcompart

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-swappers.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...onversion.html

Last edited by amx1397; 09-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Default Re: Questions about the (conversion) V8 Crossfire.

here are the three that Rudy built

thethreeV8crossfires005.jpg

thethreeV8crossfires008.jpg

thethreeV8crossfires009.jpg

thethreeV8crossfires007.jpg

Old 12-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Fuuuuuuuuuk, my Startech needs this conversion.

Last edited by MAYAman; 12-07-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:15 PM

sorry it has been some time ago that this post was updated. take a look at this ,, it is faster now than when the video was made.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! awesome,they must surprise a lot of people, driving what they think of as a quick car, only to have a crossfire fly past

Old 12-17-2016, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by madleemark
WOW! awesome,they must surprise a lot of people, driving what they think of as a quick car, only to have a crossfire fly past
how right you are., there are lots of people around my car after each run.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Merry Christmas Jim... Heading down to Marco Island on the 7th of January. Hopefully sometime that week I can get a peek at the V-8 again. Maybe we can talk shop.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:59 PM

the v8 conversion does appeal to me, i have put different engines in cars before, but they did not have the electronics to contend with, the actual mechanical side of the engine swop i am confident i could do, its the ecu etc that concerns me, i have been thinking about buying a running car to take the v8 out of, lots of advantages to this, can try the engine etc, and hopefully would have everything i needed for the conversion, can the mercedes ecu be unlocked? any thoughts welcome

Old 01-01-2017, 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=madleemark;879696]the v8 conversion does appeal to me, i have put different engines in cars before, but they did not have the electronics to contend with, the actual mechanical side of the engine swop i am confident i could do, its the ecu etc that concerns me, i have been thinking about buying a running car to take the v8 out of, lots of advantages to this, can try the engine etc, and hopefully would have everything i needed for the conversion, can the mercedes ecu be unlocked? any thoughts welcome[/QUOTE

it is best to have Rudy do a turn key set up for you, as you need the engine, transmission,
wiring harness, ecu, and a few other things to make the swap, example the engine does not mechanically fit from one car to another, but it is a year or longer project for you ,,,Rudy does it within a few months, send him a message on here i heard he has a car/with v8 almost finished, well when the weather improves , work should be done.
USAF 1964 t0 1968 jim

Old 01-02-2017, 06:41 AM

thank you for reply, i am the wrong side of the pond, in the uk, it is the electronics side that puts me off having a go at the conversion, i do enjoy the car with the 6cyl, it is a nice engine, but the sound and power a v8 has is tempting, i have not long had the crossfire, always liked the look of them, then joined this forum and have been looking at the work folk do to theres , the v8 upgrade turns an already unique car into something even more so i feel. suns out i am off for a topless drive

Old 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Few questions !!!

Is it wise to run the manual tranny (what mines has)

can you keep all Accessories?

How hard is it do a swap?

and who will tune it and how will they tune the ecu ( i know need flash with rear end correct)?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by GannyX
Few questions !!!

Is it wise to run the manual tranny (what mines has) NO the manual is not strong enough

can you keep all Accessories? so far everything except the cruise control

How hard is it do a swap? only a few have done it yet some have tried and are not finished yet, started years ago, so yes it is hard

and who will tune it and how will they tune the ecu ( i know need flash with rear end correct)?
I only know of one person that can rewire your ecu and tune it RUDY
this is why i say send it to him (he is only 700 or so miles from you) and pay him for the swap so within a few months you can drive it .
the rear u can keep 307 or change to a 327,,or 346, and yes the rear gets re tuned.

Last edited by amx1397; 01-16-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

awh i was hoping to keep my manual well dang !!! thanks for answering my question about the swap

Old 01-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

awh i was hoping to keep my manual well dang !!! thanks for answering my question about the swap
https://www.facebook.com/MercedesSwa...=br_tf&qsefr=1

Old 01-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

HiGannyX

I think you should keep your manual transmission. There's lots of good advice on here and I'd encourage you to give the conversion a go. It’s a very interesting project to undertake and the result will be great to drive. There's no issue that can't be sorted out. The mechanicals and wiring changes are straight forward; the ECU is the complicated bit. You have a manual car so you don’t have a transmission control unit (TCU) to worry about. I think if you want to keep your manual then one of the smaller NA V8s would be a perfect fit (ie the 4.3L or the 5.0L). The supercharged V8 might be too much for the manual gearbox (and require upgrading the rest of the driveline and brakes). As others have suggested, it's probably best to get someone to make the ECU for you as there are a few tricks to it that aren't obvious (and I'm sure that no one is going to let their methods out). The guys in the USA are very experienced at this and have done many conversions. I'm not sure how they modify their ECU's; however, from the ECUs that I've built they should function just like the stock unit. You should be able to put tunes into them, the car should start from the key as normal and all accessories should function as normal (including the cruise control).

Old 01-16-2017, 09:29 PM

Never new there were so many V8 swaps!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So how many V8 swaps have been done now? Anyone know what happened to mine? I know I sold it to a guy in AZ.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:13 PM

I know the v6 is the Mercedes m112, so is the swap simply to the m113? When I first got my xf I was curious if anyone has ever tried the m113k? 🤔🤔

Old 04-25-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dollasignm
I know the v6 is the Mercedes m112, so is the swap simply to the m113? When I first got my xf I was curious if anyone has ever tried the m113k? 🤔🤔
not as simple as a chev into a chev,, the hardest part is the oil pan,,oil filter,,wiring harness(a lot of connecting) example take the v6 harness and the v8 harness ,,,no if you want the wipers to work with the wiper switch, you need to connect the v6 yellow with blue strip and blue with the brown with white strip and the brown with blue strip ,,now do this for every switch,every light bulb even the 02 censer colors i gave you are not true color ,made up colors.it takes about 7 to 8 hours to install .the last person that tried to do it himself took almost 4 years,,,,and still had to farm out some of it. Rudy has done almost all of them 10 to 15 he is the father of the V8 swap i would never try it myself with out his input (doing 90% of it ,,i have done 3 ,,Matt has done 4.go ahead give it a try,,, we have bought 2 of them from members that started them and couldn't finish,, Miamimatt,,JS benz and myself here in south fl. my first one i sent to Chicago to rudy for him do do. I now have my second one. but ,,, jim
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...p-my-mods.html
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...y-up-sale.html

Quick Reply: Questions about the (conversion) V8 Crossfire.