Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Member - Need help

Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Need help

Hi all, just got 2005 crossfire yesterday and need some help fixing the water in the headlight. I took out the top two screws but the assembly wont come out. Read somewhere that there's 2 more under the light whats the best way to get to it. Or bumper has to be removed to get to it? its the driver side.

Also car was in winter mode and it went into tip mode and got stuck in 4th gear. I had to pull to the side turn it off and turn it back on after which it was working ? is this a common problem or can someone point me to right direction to figure out what that was? its Automatic and i dont feel any problems when it is changing gears. I dont plan to drive it in winter was just bring it home from dealer. Outside temp was around -12 *C.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: New Member - Need help

Welcome and follow the link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post585345

Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by ijaved
Hi all, just got 2005 crossfire yesterday and need some help fixing the water in the headlight. I took out the top two screws but the assembly wont come out. Read somewhere that there's 2 more under the light whats the best way to get to it. Or bumper has to be removed to get to it? its the driver side.

Also car was in winter mode and it went into tip mode and got stuck in 4th gear. I had to pull to the side turn it off and turn it back on after which it was working ? is this a common problem or can someone point me to right direction to figure out what that was? its Automatic and i dont feel any problems when it is changing gears. I dont plan to drive it in winter was just bring it home from dealer. Outside temp was around -12 *C.
I drive a 6 speed, not sure I've heard of the auto-thing you are describing. What is "tip mode"? I HAD an auto for a time, never had any problem with it other than the common transmission-fluid-leak-from-the-electrical-connector that everyone else has at least once.

I THINK there is a thread here SOMEWHERE talking about removing the headlight assembly... doing a search with the search button might do it, or search the "exterior" forum for thread titles about it - is all you can do.

Other than that, it sounds like you better go here and download the SRT6 Service manual (applies 99% to the N/A-Limited-Base models):

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

You will never print it all, but it IS helpful. Just hard to search thru.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Thanks i did look there but couldnt find. I was in a hurry so will sniff through it again.

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I drive a 6 speed, not sure I've heard of the auto-thing you are describing. What is "tip mode"? I HAD an auto for a time, never had any problem with it other than the common transmission-fluid-leak-from-the-electrical-connector that everyone else has at least once.

I THINK there is a thread here SOMEWHERE talking about removing the headlight assembly... doing a search with the search button might do it, or search the "exterior" forum for thread titles about it - is all you can do.

Other than that, it sounds like you better go here and download the SRT6 Service manual (applies 99% to the N/A-Limited-Base models):

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

You will never print it all, but it IS helpful. Just hard to search thru.
Sorry if i wasnt clear. I believe its called tiptronic where you have + - for manually shifting gears in automatic D. So it went to that mode and got stuck at 4 it wasnt even picking speed up could be a fail safe or something. It only happened once so I am hoping it would never happen again but wanted to see if anyone else had similar problem.

If someone out there used tiptronic shifting can you give me hinters ? how to get out of if without shifting to N or turning the car off?

Last edited by ijaved; 01-27-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM

if your in "tip mode" hold the shifter to the left to return to D. u should see this change on the dash as u use + and -.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

European car? Cause I push mine to the right to get in "D".. push left to downshift..

Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ijaved
Thanks i did look there but couldnt find. I was in a hurry so will sniff through it again.

Sorry if i wasnt clear. I believe its called tiptronic where you have + - for manually shifting gears in automatic D. So it went to that mode and got stuck at 4 it wasnt even picking speed up could be a fail safe or something. It only happened once so I am hoping it would never happen again but wanted to see if anyone else had similar problem.

If someone out there used tiptronic shifting can you give me hinters ? how to get out of if without shifting to N or turning the car off?

sounds like you bumped it 1 time.. 4th.. bump again.. 3rd.. press and hold.. 1st from any gear.. press and hold to right.. back to D.. "bump" either direction selects next gear.. press and hold takes to end of selection range.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

and the bottom bolts can be accessed through the little removable panels at the front of each wheel well with a 1/4" drive, long extension and I think a 10mm socket. ( and a good flashlight )

Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM

sorry mr miata is right hold right to get in D left to downshift thats what i get for posting and trying to work at the same time

Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
sorry mr miata is right hold right to get in D left to downshift thats what i get for posting and trying to work at the same time
Hey it happens.. lol.. I had to go back and edit that last post.. had your bump left in my head..

Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
and the bottom bolts can be accessed through the little removable panels at the front of each wheel well with a 1/4" drive, long extension and I think a 10mm socket. ( and a good flashlight )
I took it out last night and there's no way I can find the nut or screw with a long extension unless I knew what I was looking for and where. So I am thinking of just taking the jumper off doing it. Probably do it this weekend.

PS: Thanks for the Tip help. I will try it out when I take it out for a spin hopefully this weekend.