Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

won't start...then does...dealer stymied

Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't start...then does...dealer stymied

hello, i have a 2005 ltd that is giving me fits......last week it wouldn't start.....no reaction when turning the key except the idiot lights. all electrical items work fine as it has a new battery. called aaa and as we started to put the car on the ramp....it started.
three days later, same thing......this time got it to dealer using aaa. took car off flat bed and lo and behold....it started.
dealer just called and they cannot find a problem.....drove it around a bit.....let it sit and it keeps starting. dealer wants to give it back but i am worried i will be stuck somewhere. any ideas out there???
thank you all very much for any feedback...
dan

Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: won't start......then does......dealer stymied

Check the solder connections on the RCM (Relay Control Module). Sounds like the culprit. You need to look at them under magnification - normally the naked eye can not see the cold solder joints. Search on here for RCM and "No Start" and you will find a thread with repair instructions that takes $0 and about 10 minutes.

RL

Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: won't start......then does......dealer stymied

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ing-issue.html

Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Default Re: won't start...then does...dealer stymied

the forum was the place to search.....after my initial post, i finally found time to spend.......of course the info i needed was there.....thanks to those who replied so quickly which gave me the info i needed to know when responding to the dealers message that the car just keeps starting and they can't find anything.
the fact that there aren't that many of these great cars being serviced at the dealership makes diagnosis more difficult........l

Last edited by danoone; 05-15-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by danoone
the forum was the place to search.....after my initial post, i finally found time to spend.......of course the info i needed was there.....thanks to those who replied so quickly which gave methe infoi needed to know when responding to the dealers message that the car just keeps starting and they can't find anything.
add the fact that there aren't that many of these great cars being serviced at the dealership........l
We don't go near dealerships is why they don't service many.... Most don't have a clue.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM

hello, i have a 2005 ltd that is giving me fits......last week it wouldn't start.....no reaction when turning the key except the idiot lights. all electrical items work fine as it has a new battery. called aaa and as we started to put the car on the ramp....it started.
three days later, same thing......this time got it to dealer using aaa. took car off flat bed and lo and behold....it started.
dealer just called and they cannot find a problem.....drove it around a bit.....let it sit and it keeps starting. dealer wants to give it back but i am worried i will be stuck somewhere. any ideas out there???
thank you all very much for any feedback...
dan
check your error codes for the Crank Sensor's number

Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 AM

I feel your pain mine did exactly the same got it to chrysler dealer first they said battery was bad $232 later did same thing dealer had car 14 days no answers as to cause of problem finally picked up car ran great for about a week did it again started again hasn't done it since knock on wood 3 month later still running great

Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by tipad5050
I feel your pain mine did exactly the same got it to chrysler dealer first they said battery was bad $232 later did same thing dealer had car 14 days no answers as to cause of problem finally picked up car ran great for about a week did it again started again hasn't done it since knock on wood 3 month later still running great
thanks a lot to all that replied......wow, this is the most unusual problem I have ever had with a vehicle in my 66 years. it has been running fine for almost a week now. a neighbor up the street has a crossfire and is coming over tomorrow to look at the control mod as he also had a similliar problem which he fixed. will report on the results on the weekend. thanks again forum members.....

Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

thanks a lot to all that replied......wow, this is the most unusual problem I have ever had with a vehicle in my 66 years. it has been running fine for almost a week now. a neighbor up the street has a crossfire and is coming over tomorrow to look at the control mod as he also had a similliar problem which he fixed. will report on the results on the weekend. thanks again forum members.....
Go straight to the Relay Control Module and check the joints. Print this PDF out, it explains the whole procedure. Good luck.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM

my problem started strange.got new wheels as soon as the car was back on the ground there was a clicking from right rear wheel almost like something was rubbing like baseball card in a spoke of a bike tire
went back to stock wheels still did it this is when the no start started turn key all lights nothing else
went away after going back to new wheels then all of a sudden bam!!every other time it did it
the rcm was the first thing i tried worked for a few days then tried abs wheel speed sensor solved no start but caused esb/abs light break ware light and only 2nd gear
off to dealer we go (a little back ground on car 06 limited 22364 miles on it)had car about 4 months when this started dealer said the pulled 18 codes and the battery was bad they changed battery same hit and miss problem 14 days later I pick car up drove great for a week the same issue went away again hasn't returned since hope I am not jinxing my self been three months
would love to know any ideas as to what could cause this problem dont get me wrong it can stay away but if it comes back like to know where to start looking

Last edited by tipad5050; 05-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Looking through this thread for clues, simple deduction would lead Sherlock Holmes to the conclusion that the problem is caused by the car owners not using capitals, and commas etc in their writing. He knew nowt about cars, so he could be forgiven.

I realize that phones and such are hard to type on, so forgive me. I joke. LOL