Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

bas esp light

Old 06-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bas esp light

1 have a 2005 roadster I am the second owner it has 92000 miles haven't had any issues until now. the bas esp light is coming on . it goes away when you shut the car off and restart it. I have done all the resets,tire pressure,ect. I am a retire mechanic on industrial equipment so I half way no my way around cars,but I know hardly anything about the crossfires. I am wondering if it is in the brake system,the pedal seems to me to have way to much travel in it before the brakes take hold,the car has never failed to stop,there are no leaks in the system ,hasn't lost any fluid,but you can drive 20 mls. no light but slow down with easy pedal pressure the light comes on,if you are creeping up in a parking place so you don't rake the front bumper sometimes it comes on., any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: bas esp light

You might try replacing the brake light switch; type BAS/ESP in the search box in the upper right of the forum and you will find much more info

Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

You will get many different ideas/answers here. I have owned my car for 10 years and have had the same symptoms several times. To solve my issues, I bled the brakes, extra good in the rear, and replaced the brake light switch and all is good. You can search for my posting on the subject and it will give you the part number for the switch.

Good luck, James

PS If the brake fluid is original, you may want to flush the old stuff out when bleeding.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just brought our "new" 2004 Silver Bullet II home from Orlando and immediately did the Sticky Key repair.
Doing so, I had to disconnect the battery during the repair to prevent other fun and games.
Fired up Bullet and the sticky was gone but the BAS/ESP light was on.
That said, as described in the 2004 owners manual page 76:
Synchronizing ESP
If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or discharged), the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator light may be illuminated with the engine running. To re-synchronize the ESP, and cancel the malfunction indicator light, the steering angle sensor will need to be recalibrated.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position.
2. Rotate the steering wheel to the center position.
3. Rotate the steering wheel completely to the left, and then rotate the steering wheel completely to the right.
4. Bring the steering wheel back to the center position.
5. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator light will go out.
If the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator light is still illuminated, the vehicle should be serviced at an authorized dealer.

I did the above 5 steps and the BAS/ESP light went out and has stayed out.
Cheers,
Chooch
Beat Army!

Old 09-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, I would like to thank everyone for the information I have tried the recalibration and that works for a day or so,ii am replacing the rear rotors and pads I am flushing the old brake fluid out and I am replacing the brake light swicht, and we will see what happens and again thanks,neil