New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Top won't go up or down

Old 05-09-2022, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Top won't go up or down

I have an issue with my top:
Open top with d handle and windows go down and the red light on the button lights up.
Nothing happens. I have unlatched the divider and the trunk and each case the fault beeps which indicates that both switches are working. Reading Pizza Guys posts, I have tried to manually raise and lower the top. When I raise the top to the complete position, just prior to closing it down with the d handle, the system starts beeping that there is a problem. Even after I close the top with the d handle the beeping continues. I had to disconnect the battery and that seemed to cure the fault problem. But every time I raise the top, the same thing happens. I originally thought the problem was the top open switch but that does not account for the fact the top won't go up either. Since the top does not go up, am I correct in assuming the top open switch is not the problem?
Thanks for any help.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Top won't go up or down

Originally Posted by Rbegora
Since the top does not go up, am I correct in assuming the top open switch is not the problem?
Thanks for any help.
The top open and divider switches are not "polled" when you hit the button to put the top UP. So, we have something else going on here.
Im on a road trip, stopped for lunch. I'll be on here EARLY tomorrow morning and post more.

But here's a few things:
1) Do the door locks all work?
2) Does the wing act normally (in Base and Limited models only, SRTs dont have a powered wing).

If either answer is "No", I'd yank the trim from the trunk and look for water intrusion to the Central Locking pump/Security System Module.
You should probably also look at fluid level in the tank, but Im not thinking that is the problem.

I'll be back in aabout 18 hours...

Old 05-10-2022, 10:51 AM

The power door locks work and the wing both work.
Last I checked, the fluid level is looking good.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the trunk panel in the locked in the holders.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:27 AM

I might be mistaken here but when I open the trunk the warning light starts and it beeps. When the trunk is closed, the warning light stops, which is an indication that the trunk lid is working correctly. However, the pump is not engaging at all and the trunk never locks...basically, the actual top operation never starts except for the windows going down.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:37 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

I believe for the top to operate the trunk lid must lock.