Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Changed SKREEM, key & ECU no start!

Old 08-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Changed SKREEM, key & ECU no start!

Originally Posted by zip439
If you are getting the security model (central locking model) you may as well play it safe and get the Body Control Model from the donor car as well. The central locking model "talks" to the BCM with the OK of the SKREEM. Hope you are getting all these really cheap as a new SKREEM from Needswings is about $250
Don't know yet. Should've went that route but I bought it tore down already. The previous owner changed the ignition because it locked on them and after that it wouldn't start. Only reason I bought the used stuff is because I got a LH headlamp, engine cover, ECU and SKREEM for $270.00. was thinking headlamp was worth that.

Last edited by Auto; 08-05-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto
Don't know yet. Should've went that route but I bought it tore down already. The previous owner changed the ignition because it locked on them and after that it wouldn't start. Only reason I bought the used stuff is because I got a LH headlamp, engine cover, ECU and SKREEM for $270.00. was thinking headlamp was worth that.
Did that include the ignition key and ignition,, statements that omit missing items cause me to worry.
At that price you should have got the other headlamp if decent snd available.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Did that include the ignition key and ignition,, statements that omit missing items cause me to worry.
At that price you should have got the other headlamp if decent snd available.
As far as I know, the ignition switch has nothing to do with with the RFID, Ring and SKREEM itself but I could be wrong.
Used headlamp on Fleabay is $400-500.00 and the engine cover without guts is $100 used. New the headlamp is over $700.00 so I don't think I did that bad. If there is somewhere I can buy stuff cheaper, I'm game.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

And takes less than an hour to install.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

As far as I know, the ignition switch has nothing to do with with the RFID, Ring and SKREEM itself but I could be wrong.
Used headlamp on Fleabay is $400-500.00 and the engine cover without guts is $100 used. New the headlamp is over $700.00 so I don't think I did that bad. If there is somewhere I can buy stuff cheaper, I'm game.
Taking my statement on its own could be confusing but when taking it in context with your statement which I quote it is obvious. For the price you paid I said you should have purchased the other headlamp if it was available, that is what I said because I am aware of the headlamp prices.
I am trying to see what the previous owner had done and how it could affect you now.
He changed the ignition and presumably the key, did he change the old chip into the new key? If not the car would not be able to start.
In the statement that I referenced you do not mention the the ignition switch or the key ring being included in the deal although previously you said they were.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Taking my statement on its own could be confusing but when taking it in context with your statement which I quote it is obvious. For the price you paid I said you should have purchased the other headlamp if it was available, that is what I said because I am aware of the headlamp prices.
I am trying to see what the previous owner had done and how it could affect you now.
He changed the ignition and presumably the key, did he change the old chip into the new key? If not the car would not be able to start.
In the statement that I referenced you do not mention the the ignition switch or the key ring being included in the deal although previously you said they were.
Yeah it was a good deal I guess would've been better if it actually worked.
The prior owner changed ignition cylinder and key fob. I have the old key and without knowing if they've changed the chip, I did swap it over to see if it would start. Either chip will not start the vehicle and this is after taking ground off battery, draining memory and reinitiating the whole key learn process.
With original key fob, SKREEM and ECU the vehicles security acts as it should. Just three cranks and then nothing tho.
Thanks

Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Auto

I have mucked around with these things a lot and the method you are using should work. The only things that are matched are the ECU, the SKREEM and the chip in the key fob. Did you actually see that parts that you bought working in the donor vehicle? As it sounds like at least one of these parts doesn't match. I suspect that the key fob and the RFID chip do not match this SKREEM.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by CL770
Hi Auto

I have mucked around with these things a lot and the method you are using should work. The only things that are matched are the ECU, the SKREEM and the chip in the key fob. Did you actually see that parts that you bought working in the donor vehicle? As it sounds like at least one of these parts doesn't match. I suspect that the key fob and the RFID chip do not match this SKREEM.
I was thinking the same thing but, I have noticed that the fob does operate the lock/arm on the donor SKREEM module. It just won't disarm or start mine. I believe I read somewhere that you can not program a used remote to a used SKREEM. They may have got me but the car was together and was for sale as whole or part and listed as running. No, I didn't personally see it run...just took their word. Just don't know if I want to put anymore in it and it still not start. Should have ordered the SKREEM from needswings but the title must be in my name which it is not(yet). Not going to pay taxes, tag and title fees if it won't start.

Last edited by Auto; 08-05-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Forgot quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I was thinking the same thing but, I have noticed that the fob does operate the lock/arm on the donor SKREEM module. It just won't disarm or start mine. I believe I read somewhere that you can not program a used remote to a used SKREEM. They may have got me but the car was together and was for sale as whole or part and listed as running. No, I didn't personally see it run...just took their word. Just don't know if I want to put anymore in it and it still not start. Should have ordered the SKREEM from needswings but the title must be in my name which it is not(yet). Not going to pay taxes, tag and title fees if it won't start.
Hi

I'm sure you'll be able to get it to start. I think the best solution would be to buy a new SKREEM and new Key to use with your existing ECU.

The reason I say that is because if someone has already been mucking around with the original ignition, then there's no guarantee that the key supplied with the car or the SKREEM are any good (or match) and you'd just be wasting more time and money. You can check the the ECU is original by using a scanner and reading the VIN, as the VIN is stored in the ECU.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:10 PM
Angry Re: Changed SKREEM, key & ECU no start!

In short I highly recommend you take your business somewhere other than Precision_ECU. First off when you go to the web site, they advertise their telephone number in several different spots and they encourage you to call them if you have any problems. That part is a SCAM, because I was told by Andy Grycuk (CEO), at least that was what is listed in his emails, told me point blank "We neither accept incoming, nor make any outgoing customer telephone calls.

On the masthead of their website it reads:

"We not always can pick up the phone. Please text us instead 773-800-0041".

Now, the grammar of that statement notwithstanding, it does not suggest a professional atmosphere.
In my dealings with Mr. Grycuk, I had many issues with their service over a two week period. All of those issues I had to deal with in an email environment and even when I explained to him in detail what my issues were,
I didn't get the sense he wanted to deal with me and also I'd like to add to this that you had to pay for the service upfront, before the service was performed. Again I got the impression that "We have your money, too bad", was the tone of the responses I was receiving.

In short the service Precision ECU provides is to alter the ignition codes for any Mercedes or Chrysler product. My issue was that my SKREEM unit had lost its ignition security information it feeds to the ECU of the car to tell it to start. Mr. Grycuk assured me they could reprogram both units to solve the issue. When I received both units back, and I installed them back into my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire (Half German/Half Chrysler built car), the car was completely dead. I took it to a qualified Mercedes technician who told me both units were completely dead and it set off alarms on his brand new state of the art Snap-On programmer. Again, basically I was told this has to be a scam, because Mercedes DOES NOT allow anyone outside the company who is not certified to have the security codes.

In the end the services he performed on my equipment did not work. Again when I tried to contact them and communicate my problems, I got a one sentence response, ultimately, telling me that if I wanted to send my equipment back to them (At my expense of course) they would reverse the services they performed and then initiate a refund. I was advised by qualified experts to not send anything back to this company, hence I am out $400.00.
A push notification will be sent to the devices that are not in compliance and asking them to update. Please walk around your program and advise your staff to perform this step.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:03 AM

Hello to all)
Just for information, it may be useful for extra launch of engine when SCREEM going bad)
I have issues with client’s CF . Engine wasn’t cranking and first though was about starter of course. But after some check I came to a conclusion - it is SCREEM.

Interesting fact - engine started every time when connection between OBD scanner and SKM module (SKREEM) is established . It’s works for professional OBD scanner (not genuine DAS but with OEM protocols ) but in my opinion it must work for non professional VCI OBD devices like THINKDIAG / LAUNCH GOLO also. Why it works ?
My opinion it’s establish a diagnostic mode for SKM module, but it really works)

So you may check this possibilities , it may be temporary solution for start engine, cause this VCI devices are cheap . I hope it may be useful )

p.s. sorry for my language , I’m not native speaker

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_9449.MOV (18.61 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by Mikarr27; 02-13-2022 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-13-2022, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by mikarr27

interesting fact - engine started every time when connection between obd scanner and skm module (skreem) is established . It’s works for professional obd scanner (not genuine das but with oem protocols ) but in my opinion it must work for non professional vci obd devices like thinkdiag / launch golo also. Why it works ?
My opinion it’s establish a diagnostic mode for skm module, but it really works)
very interesting!

Old 02-13-2022, 11:24 AM

AGAIN… STAY AWAY from Precision ECU in Chicago!!!They are a SCAM and they will destroy your ECU if you send it to them. They do not reprogram the ECU as advertised, but they simply open the ECU and they add a bypass.