TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Do you want a Keyless Entry Alert Tone?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do you want a Keyless Entry Alert Tone?

Originally Posted by check
Hi guys,

I'm writing from Germany and I want to install also the siren.

But the problem is, Radioshack is only in the US.

So what would you suggest?

Is this item also possible?

Piezo-Summer KPI-Serie Geräusch-Entwicklung: 85 dB 12 V/DC Stromaufnahme: 15 mA 3.7 ± 0.5 kHz im Conrad Online Shop

85db
3700 Hz
15ma
12 V

Thank you for your help!
It looks like that would work fine.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your help

do you think the sound is the same or at least similar to an original lock/unlock from US cars?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 AM

The XF I have never worked. This is very pleasant in sound tone and strength( loudness)

Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by check
thanks for your help

do you think the sound is the same or at least similar to an original lock/unlock from US cars?
The original Crossfire’s didn't have any sound. I came up with the Radio Shack Mod for less than $5. Someone else found that when they replaced a broken actual siren with a newer version, the sound was included with that new siren. If you search, you will find information about part numbers for the sirens. However, the new version has become quite expensive.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just did your mod..HATED looking to see that the lights flashed on arming! Installed the 065 p/n and thought "no way".. went and bought the 95 decible. Guess what, polarity does matter! It's all good though. 12 bucks later I chirp, and actually like the louder tone. Another 2 cents worth, there is a screw above the fuse box that holds the rubber seal in place for the hood. Back it out about 1 turn, place module on bottom side and tighten screw. Figure facing down will help prevent any moisture problems.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for this thread. Crossfire now has a Keyless entry tone

Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM

I have tried everything to make this work on my Xfire. I have the Piezo 273-073 Part, and had everything hooked up right and it didnt work. I pulled the fuse and everything. Need some help here please.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by austinboyette
I have tried everything to make this work on my Xfire. I have the Piezo 273-073 Part, and had everything hooked up right and it didnt work. I pulled the fuse and everything. Need some help here please.
(A) Your not on the correct terminals of the relay (look at pictures again)
(B) You got a bum buzzer
(C) Footnote: if you say "what was that" when it does chirp..switch polarity!

It really is this simple. Um... I'm just "assuming" your lights are flashing when locking... If not then you have another issue involved.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 PM

What exactly do you mean when you say, "I pulled the fuse and everything" ? You know that the fuse has to be installed for this to work, right?.

The notion of whether or not your lights flash is a good one. Check all four to ensure that they do flash and that the doors /trunk actually are locking.

If they are, re-visit the post again and follow it carefully.

Last edited by PitMarshall; 11-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM

No. I pulled the fuse before installing it, and put the fuse back when I was done. My lights flash and everything and the buzzer does not go off. I have tried it with another buzzer and it did indeed work. But the sound of the other buzzer was a siren and not the sound I was looking for. I tried hooking the Piezo 273-073 Buzzer to a 12 V Battery and nothing happened, so I am starting to think I got a Dead Buzzer, but Radio Shack is out of stock since I got the last one.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Piezo Element 1500-3000Hz - RadioShack.com
RS says that you need an external driver for this buzzer.

KL

Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM

On page one of this thread, it did not mention anything of that. It just stated where to wire everything to and which pins, which is pin 85 and 86. So where would I get this driver?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 PM

95dB Panel Piezo Buzzer

Model: 273-075

| Catalog #: 273-075

This is what I'm using..the difference between being a buzzer and an element? And it leaves no doubt "did it chirp"..lol.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 PM

Sousa like it is the buzzer,siren or what you want to call it. The device you bought eitgher is bad or needs another device to work.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Forum Regular

By the way, I also did this with the hood in the 90* position. For those who do not know, this can be done by pushing a button on the top of the hood suspension rod. Then press the button on the bottom of the rod to release it.

Hey, I just want to thank you fellas for your posts - 04 INFERNO - thanks for that little nugget on the the hood rod. I'm gonna do the modification for the keyless entry alert, I've already got my buzzer from radio shack but before I proceed I thought I'd review the postings about it...and I learned something new, now I can open my hood all the way - thanx fellas

Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Hope you purchased a buzzer listed that has been used by other members. Then you won't have to worry about the driver module thing!
And if you haven't already done it, The speaker capacitor mod is very cheap, easy, and makes a nice difference if your still using the stock stereo system!

"Edit": I actually just fed the wires through the holes on the relay contacts and plugged back in.. has worked just fine.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 11-20-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: Do you want a Keyless Entry Alert Tone?

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Hope you purchased a buzzer listed that has been used by other members. Then you won't have to worry about the driver module thing!
And if you haven't already done it, The speaker capacitor mod is very cheap, easy, and makes a nice difference if your still using the stock stereo system!

"Edit": I actually just fed the wires through the holes on the relay contacts and plugged back in.. has worked just fine.
Mrmiata - I used the RS 059 buzzer, considering going for thr 060 if it's louder. driver module? speaker capacitor mod? tell me more...

Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-buck-mod.html

You could skip down towards the end on this.. was a must do after finding out I could just pop out the little cover panel on the door. (visible when door is open..tucked next to dash when door is closed).

Seems the user just above your postings bought the wrong type buzzer and per radio shack write up was supposed to be used in conjuction with a driver module of some sort.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: Do you want a Keyless Entry Alert Tone?

[quote=Mrmiata]https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-buck-mod.html

Ok, now I know what you were talking about regarding the driver module. I have the original stereo/CD/navigation unit. It can do ALOT of stuff so I'm gonna keep it. I have the same issue with the bass distortion as pekeld 1 had so I,m gonna look into the crossover mod - thank you mrmiata! I really, really like this forum. I've had my crossfire for almost two months and so far I've done the throttle body reset (worked great) and the keyless alert - looking forward to many more projects...

Old 11-20-2011, 06:26 PM

I've had mine about 4 months now. Bought my Miata off the showroom floor in Nov. 90 and was so passionate about it, it was unreal. And now that passion for a car is back.. lol. This place is great, just take some time to read through a lot of the older post, you will learn a lot. And use the search engine if you have an issue or questions. Just about everything has been asked and answered at some point I think.(Some get testy when a question is asked for the 50th time..lol)

Quick Reply: Do you want a Keyless Entry Alert Tone?