Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Climate Control Fan Speed Fix

Old 12-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: Climate Control Fan Speed Fix

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I get the pdf fine, but I see three of the same pdf in your post, it is the links in the pdf that do not work.
Is it my iPad that is screwing me up? I'll try on my PC.
The PDF has 2 links embedded in the document that refer to other sections of the XFire Shop Manual I've got on CD. And those links won't work without the CD available. That's probably causing the issue you're seeing on your iPad. Causes an issue on my PC, too. Maybe I need to change these to text only. Let me know.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 12-28-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
The PDF has 2 links embedded in the document that refer to other sections of the XFire Shop Manual I've got on CD. And those links won't work without the CD available. That's probably causing the issue you're seeing on your iPad. Causes an issue on my PC, too. Maybe I need to change these to text only. Let me know.

Hope this helps,
Ah, gotcha. Yeah I don't have
E:/en_US/y2007/zh/si/xml/extxref_0850028370.xml
on my PC ;-)

Old 12-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323

Hope this helps,
Aha, that makes it clear, I have the CD but I never use it.

But it does not explain the three identical pdf's in your post. I have had unexplainable things happen to my posts though. The nature of the beast.
I would add the other info as PDFs that would let everyone see it, or just add the info that can be found here in the How To section.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Try this one out and see if it's suffice....

Heater-AC Speed Control Fix rev1.pdf

Old 12-29-2015, 10:18 AM

Is this neater?

Climate Control Fan Speed Fix CLICK

Old 12-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the

Old 12-29-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the
Works fine for me.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Works fine for me.
Also getting "Invalid Attachment specified."

Clicking your link takes you HERE...
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1451402006

Old 12-29-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by syfi
Also getting "Invalid Attachment specified."

Clicking your link takes you HERE...
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1451402006
I'm getting that on some threads, I have informed the management.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

I know it's been several years since anyone posted on this thread, but thought I would provide this feedback. So the wife & I took the Coupe out for a spin today and while we were out, decided to go to downtown Greenville to grab some lunch. With the heat today, I turned on the A/C and, naturally, the intermittent fan speed issue surfaced. However, when we finished our lunch and returned to the Coupe for the trip home, I turned on the A/C and put the fan on Max Speed. All the way home (25-30 min drive), the A/C worked fine and kept the inside cool. Somewhat on the "really cool" side of things, but nevertheless, the HVAC worked properly. Haven't determined what I make of this, but thought I would post & see what feedback generates.

I still need to execute the "Climate Control Fan Speed Fix" that CL770 identified for us way back when this thread started. But curious if what I observed this afternoon leads me to another issue, or did I just get lucky.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread but it is super useful. I wanted to add some better pictures and instructions. Message me with any questions1. remove the radio
2. remove the 2 screws at the top of the radio slot
3. remove the cover from the climate control. Pry from the bottom. Then kind of tilt form the bottom up and the top two tabs should pop out. If not insert something flat below the HVAC vents and slide it across
4. remove the climate control One tab on each side of the unit must be depressed
5. Remove top vent fans before reinstalling the climate controller. It's tough to align the two rectangular posts off the blend door switch.
I lightly sanded the contacts on the HVAC controller then covered them in die electric. I also broke a plastic fork tooth off in the HVAC controller housing after trimming off the little plastic tab so that a little bit of pressure with continue to push the board into the HVAC controller. Controller is working better than it has since I owned the car no more blinking lights odd fan behavior etc.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by CL770
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. I hope other forum members find it useful because I'm sure this is a common problem (and a simple fix).

One of the niggling issues I've had with my Crossfire is the erratic fan speed control for the climate control. Fist up I replaced the resistor unit on the fan, that didn't change anything (a waste of time). I've replace the climate controller twice now without much success, as they both eventually failed. I purchased another unit from the wreckers last week, I went to install it today and it was faulty as well. So I finally made the effort to try and work out what was failing.

I've pulled a unit apart before and couldn't identify any obvious faults (dry joints, failed components etc), but today when I pulled another one apart I noticed something entirely different. This time when I removed the front of the unit, the rear (horizontal) circuit board came out still attached to the front (vertical) circuit board with the controls on it.

The main issue I identified was the very poor contact provided by the 18 pin header and socket that attach the two boards electrically. When mounted in its case, the two circuit boards attach very loosely. When the unit is new, the contact is probably ok, but after you start to use the controls and drive the car around I bet the contact deteriorates over time and gets erratic. I've taken some pictures that show the issues, there are two main ones:

1. The front RHS of the rear circuit board hits part of the plastic souround of the front board mounting, stopping it from fully pushing into the header socket. Fix - file some of the plastic away. Push the rear circuit board all the way into the header and apply some epoxy glue to hold it there.

2. There's a small locating pin at the rear of the external housing that locates the circuit board. Fix - cut it off with a Stanley knife, as it pulls the rear circuit board away from the front board when you mount it in the housing. You could also apply some more epoxy here once you put it all back together.

If you fix both the issues above you will get much better electrical contact between the front and rear circuit boards through the header and pins. I modified all three of my faulty units today, they now all work like new. I guess the wreckers won't be selling me any more climate control units.

PS. I wonder if this has also been the cause of my intermittent rear demister issue as it's also controlled through this header?

I hope this helps someone.
Do you sell me one of those repaired?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did this last week, problem solved, Thanks for the info. Simple fix.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:02 PM

thanx did your fix didnt work at first replaced blower motor and resistor/ water in compartment cleaned out all the drain holes under windshield cowling put everything back together / nothing /disconnected climate control unit /reconnected it everything works but now no ac /ac worked before fan quit need help starting to lose my mind

Old 08-17-2023, 03:10 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by macky
thanx did your fix didnt work at first replaced blower motor and resistor/ water in compartment cleaned out all the drain holes under windshield cowling put everything back together / nothing /disconnected climate control unit /reconnected it everything works but now no ac /ac worked before fan quit need help starting to lose my mind
Welcome to the forum, but....
You MUST communicate better than that. You just told us "everything works" then said "no ac". Please go to your computer and type out a concise message that others can understand. We are not mind readers and we are not interested in putting in more effort than you do. The first responsibility is on you, that is to type out a concise, informative message so we understand the situation.

Please READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tech-help.html